Bad Sport
45 replies to this topic
Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

So i just joined this forum today, i just wanted to find out the deal about this bad sport thing. Does this mean you kill someone & they rage & report you, then all of a sudden your a 'bad sport' & people will refuse to do missions with you ? 

I thought GTA was all about killing people tbqh, now do I have to be careful who i kill just in case they report me ? 

Tony Trollucci
  • Tony Trollucci

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

It's not going to be just a report system. We won't know exactly how it works until after the 1st. Just don't be annoying to everyone and you should be okay. GTA was never just about killing everyone. There was a story and you go around killing people if they needed to die but if you thought GTA was about senseless killing then that's because you wanted that from the game. That's fine and all but that doesn't mean it was ever the point. There will be deathmatches and modes where you can kill people all you want. Just don't be an annoying little kid all the time. The bad sport stat is for people who deserve a bad sport stat. 

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

GTA is not all about killing people. Freeroam is a place where there should be rarely any deathmatch at all, so I could see the bad sport coming.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Bad Sport probably constitutes to if you repeatedly kill the same player in a certain amount of time, over and over again. 

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

GTA is not all about killing people. Freeroam is a place where there should be rarely any deathmatch at all, so I could see the bad sport coming.

To me all the fun in GTA IV online was me & a friend driving around shooting the sh*t out of people & running them over. I really don't see what else you can do in free roam, sure there's the minigames now but I just want to go out their & have more fun killing people. 

Now they are making it sound as though you can't do even that without being punished.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by tre288, 07 September 2013 - 07:29 PM.

To me all the fun in GTA IV online was me & a friend driving around shooting the sh*t out of people & running them over. I really don't see what else you can do in free roam, sure there's the minigames now but I just want to go out their & have more fun killing people. 

Now they are making it sound as though you can't do even that without being punished.

Because that's really all there was to GTA IV online free-roam.

Do death match games if you want to kill people senselessly.

The free-roam is vast this time around with lots of things to take part in for fun. Going out of your way to kill and troll randoms having their own fun is called being a bad sport.

• Chessmaster and KimberJane like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:19 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 08 September 2013 - 12:27 AM.

So, with the report system in place, you will get matched with like minded players, that "drive around shooting the sh*t out of people & running them over". You get what you wish for - like minded players that will shoot back, because that is their idea of fun.

This should be a good thing for you, unless you an asshole that likes to grief less trigger happy players, in which case, well... you have a choice: keep being an asshole and be matched with assholes, or be a smaller asshole and don`t grief people.

Say I am robbing a bank and you attack me, that`s OK - you are after my money. We fight, one side wins, money end up in the bank. Say you win and I go to rob the bank again and you attack me on my way to the bank, just because. I might fight you or not. 

But a third attack and/or stalking me and my crew is harassment (in my own eyes, anyway), so I will report you, if I can. I don`t care about your definition of fun or your gameplay - you WILL get bad behavior votes, which will likely lower your chances of getting matched with me and it will put you in games that you like more - shoot people that shoot back. I assume nobody likes shooting targets that just run and never shoot back - that`s only what assholes do.

So, I guess the relevant question is: Are you an asshole or not? 

Because, for an honest player, this system is OK. In time it will match like minded players, which is a good thing :)

Cyb3rslug
  • Cyb3rslug

Dat Auzzie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yeah, I'd like to how this is handled. 

I mean think about this, you happen to have a lot of money on you about to go to an ATM. Some guy shoots you, grabs your cash n runs off. Now of course you're going to want to kill him, but will you get bad rep for killing said person who's killed you?

And... how many times will will that person have to kill other people before they get a 'bad sport' sticker slapped on their forehead. Will it be like a 3 point system? on the third kill a person has the decision to bad rep you? Seems complicated, what happens if a gang war breaks out and you start killing people on the map defending yourself, will you be bad repped for things like this? 

• _KC likes this

The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

I won't receive bad rep because it won't be me killing the player, my pet sharks will

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

The free-roam is vast this time around with lots of things to take part in for fun. Going out of your way to kill and troll randoms having their own fun is called being a bad sport.

We don't know how the bad sport thing is going to work. I hope you realize PVP is a big part of free roam, always has been, always will. That's why it is called free roam.
I'd bet you get the bad sport stat for doing things such as destroying other player's parked vehicles constantly, glitching, griefing other players, etc. 

R* would never give someone a bad sport stat for killing other players. I love doing that with my crew. 

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

Founder Sons of Anarchy AU Crew

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

I think it should be ex amount of un retaliated kills before the option comes up.  Because as good as it is i would hate to have it so that you have a 1 on 1 fight with someone, you wiin 5 times they win none and get the sh*ts so they report you just because they suck.

• Bluegrassandsass likes this

The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Why are people so concerned over killing in free roam? If you don't want to be killed, go into passive mode gameplay. As far as i understand it, its exactly like RDR, basically a freindly free roam where you can't get killed.

I'm going to be playing in passive mode at first. If anybody seriously believes that on the release of GTA online, people will be freindly then they are deluded! Just imagine all the teenagers in XBL partys cruising in their cars doing drivebys. Thanks to GTA IV, its all they know, kill kill kill.

I really can't see people being freindly on GTA simply because they think its all about killing. On IV I'd brb for like 30 mins, yet I'd still have the same fa**ot killing me even though I'm not even playing....

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

A "Bad Sport" stat will be given for bad behaviour such as blowing up another player's car, and if it's done persistently you will be punished.

Just read that so doesnt sound all that bad :). Glad also that my high rank on MP3 will account for something in GTAV :D

Cyb3rslug
  • Cyb3rslug

Dat Auzzie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

A "Bad Sport" stat will be given for bad behaviour such as blowing up another player's car, and if it's done persistently you will be punished.

Just read that so doesnt sound all that bad :). Glad also that my high rank on MP3 will account for something in GTAV :D

That sounds fair, I remember reading that. By the sounds of it, it gives you a few chances in a game then if you're being a little **** you'll be put down as "bad sport".
I presume it'll have a message pop up warning you.

Also yeah, I'm trying to get to rank 50 at the moment. Kind of annoying they haven't specified what rank you need to be, here's hoping its just rank 50 or legend 1. 
Suck if it was like legend 5  :blink:

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Why are people so concerned over killing in free roam? If you don't want to be killed, go into passive mode gameplay. As far as i understand it, its exactly like RDR, basically a freindly free roam where you can't get killed.

I'm going to be playing in passive mode at first. If anybody seriously believes that on the release of GTA online, people will be freindly then they are deluded! Just imagine all the teenagers in XBL partys cruising in their cars doing drivebys. Thanks to GTA IV, its all they know, kill kill kill.

I really can't see people being freindly on GTA simply because they think its all about killing. On IV I'd brb for like 30 mins, yet I'd still have the same fa**ot killing me even though I'm not even playing....

I don`t have problems getting killed, usually.

It`s when I`m killed constantly for about an hour straight that I am beginning to be slightly annoyed with :) .

I hope I can give bad rep to the ones that are killing me for about an hour straight, or they get it automatically.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by tre288, 08 September 2013 - 04:41 AM.

We don't know how the bad sport thing is going to work. I hope you realize PVP is a big part of free roam, always has been, always will. That's why it is called free roam.
I'd bet you get the bad sport stat for doing things such as destroying other player's parked vehicles constantly, glitching, griefing other players, etc. 

R* would never give someone a bad sport stat for killing other players. I love doing that with my crew. 

PvP is a big part of deathmatch and all of those other game modes more-so than free-roam.

I'm not saying there's a problem with killing each other in the streets, but I'm saying, if your only goal in free-roam is to drive around town gunning everyone down, going out of your way to grief them, troll them, ruin other people's genuine fun, whatever the case may be, then that is what's known as being a bad sport.  With all of the activities and things to do in free-roam there really shouldn't be any reason to just stand around shooting a person over and over.

I'd give a negative rep to the person who just stands around shooting the same person in the face several times easily. I'd give a negative rep to the person who doesn't want to do anything in free-roam but grief the person walking down the street trying to learn the ropes by repetitively shooting them in the face, or intentionally griefing another groups missions.

I can easily tolerate being killed in the streets out of nowhere once or twice, however there's really no reason the same person should be the cause of my death (or anyone) several times in a row, unless we have actually engaged each other in some way or another.

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

That sounds fair, I remember reading that. By the sounds of it, it gives you a few chances in a game then if you're being a little **** you'll be put down as "bad sport".
I presume it'll have a message pop up warning you.

Also yeah, I'm trying to get to rank 50 at the moment. Kind of annoying they haven't specified what rank you need to be, here's hoping its just rank 50 or legend 1. 
Suck if it was like legend 5   :blink:

Im like legend level 5 so am not really worried.

We shall just have to wait and see the extend of the bad sport but i am not particularly worried. 

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:20 AM Edited by DeadZombie, 08 September 2013 - 06:22 AM.

final.png

IT'S GTA. If to have a problem with people killing you for income then go take yourself to passive mode. That's where mods will be serious about moderating. IMO < yeah use this just incase you are wondering your telling the OP about something you don't even know about yet. Aka spam .

Hardcore will be anything goes. Enjoy second life tea partys
  • _KC likes this

harbujahn the great
  • harbujahn the great

SOON....YOU WILL ALL BE HUNTED DOWN IN LOS SANTOS !!!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Bad Sport probably constitutes to if you repeatedly kill the same player in a certain amount of time, over and over again. 

i like doing that 

• DeadZombie likes this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I doubt you will get a bad sport rating for killing players in free roam, that's a part of the game. It was even seen in the trailer. It's the reason we have "Passive Free Roam" which eliminates killing.

The rating will likely be given to people who kill teammates in deathmatch, betray teammates in heists etc.

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Well given what they have already released about it i think its fair that at this stage it relates to destroying other peoples vehicles etc over and over since you have to pay for them

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

It's too control those impacting on your gaming experience, yes everyone should be able to enjoy the game but some people will focus on one person and continually kill them even if they're not provoking, this is bad sportsmanship. The simple fact is everyone has a different way of enjoying the experience, if you want to be an arrogant selfish f*ck then have fun when no one will pay with you coz that's what will happen.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Lol gta has developed into more than simple mindless bs.....if im driving away from a heist and u blow up my vehicle you get bad sport, if u pull a heist and you keep the money you get bad sport, etc.....im gona be in a big crew so its less likely you will be ambushed by a crew bigger than say 6 in the same session but that means smaller shares

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

Don't worry OP. The game has lots of different game modes. One of which is 'deathmatches' The whole idea of that mode is to kill other players so there will be no penalties involved.

• Chessmaster likes this

iN-Spad3z
  • iN-Spad3z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

So, with the report system in place, you will get matched with like minded players, that "drive around shooting the sh*t out of people & running them over". You get what you wish for - like minded players that will shoot back, because that is their idea of fun.

This should be a good thing for you, unless you an asshole that likes to grief less trigger happy players, in which case, well... you have a choice: keep being an asshole and be matched with assholes, or be a smaller asshole and don`t grief people.

Say I am robbing a bank and you attack me, that`s OK - you are after my money. We fight, one side wins, money end up in the bank. Say you win and I go to rob the bank again and you attack me on my way to the bank, just because. I might fight you or not. 

But a third attack and/or stalking me and my crew is harassment (in my own eyes, anyway), so I will report you, if I can. I don`t care about your definition of fun or your gameplay - you WILL get bad behavior votes, which will likely lower your chances of getting matched with me and it will put you in games that you like more - shoot people that shoot back. I assume nobody likes shooting targets that just run and never shoot back - that`s only what assholes do.

So, I guess the relevant question is: Are you an asshole or not? 

Because, for an honest player, this system is OK. In time it will match like minded players, which is a good thing :)

Completely agree. I'm not to worried about bad sports, I have 14 close gaming friends and we are all playing together to do heist and co-op stuff, so hey if two assholes come and mess with us they will be badly outnumbered.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I won't report anybody, even if they deserve it. I understand that some people are just natural born a-holes, it's their nature to ruin everything. I'll just back out of the instance and find a new one, or go somewhere else on the map. Not be one of them and ruin the game for them by reporting them as bad sports. Everyone should be able to have fun.

• _KC likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm starting to think "bad sport" will be only for people who hack and cheat. There is a passive mode for people who dont want to be killed. They said that a player backstabbing another player to steal all of the money they robbed can create rivalries and we all know what rivals do to each other to get an upper hand.

People will continuously rob other players which will result in PvP. I dont think it will give you a bad rep for doing it, as it seems they kind of support the idea of rivalries and different scenarios of how people will play the game. There will always be mindless killing unless its a friendly freeroam mode. They cant tag everyone with "bad sport" if thats the case.

So if what I say is true and it does mean that hackers and glitchers will be tagged as "Bad Sport" then it will create a player pool of bad sports which will be full of cheaters and hackers, didnt they do something like that for Max Payne MP? That's what it will be I guess, after giving all the freedom AND also giving a choice to go passive, they cant just put a limit on how much killing there will be.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm starting to think "bad sport" will be only for people who hack and cheat. There is a passive mode for people who dont want to be killed. They said that a player backstabbing another player to steal all of the money they robbed can create rivalries and we all know what rivals do to each other to get an upper hand.

People will continuously rob other players which will result in PvP. I dont think it will give you a bad rep for doing it, as it seems they kind of support the idea of rivalries and different scenarios of how people will play the game. There will always be mindless killing unless its a friendly freeroam mode. They cant tag everyone with "bad sport" if thats the case.

So if what I say is true and it does mean that hackers and glitchers will be tagged as "Bad Sport" then it will create a player pool of bad sports which will be full of cheaters and hackers, didnt they do something like that for Max Payne MP? That's what it will be I guess, after giving all the freedom AND also giving a choice to go passive, they cant just put a limit on how much killing there will be.

which is true. I don't think they would punish players for freedom of choice. Of course thier will be passive servers. And them there will be hardcore but passive mode can be used in both of them as far as my concern.

Shooting your gun will take you out of passive mode which means that you are absolutely passive unless you don't want to be. And you cannot rob banks and shoot players.

So this usually means that it's kind of a sort of break from the action. Once you go passive you will be either respawned in your apt or another location. I don't think it will be a easy way to kill people. That's be far to silly.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

I won't report anybody, even if they deserve it. I understand that some people are just natural born a-holes, it's their nature to ruin everything. I'll just back out of the instance and find a new one, or go somewhere else on the map. Not be one of them and ruin the game for them by reporting them as bad sports. Everyone should be able to have fun.

And so you will. 

I'm the opposite. If I'm doing a heits with a few people, and you run in and kill me? Fine. Note, I will literally slam my own personal hammer of justice down upon your ass for doing such, but other then that? No. 

If you repeatedly come back after me, or you continue to just randomly kill people, just to be an ass? You're damn right I'm reporting. I don't care what your idea of fun is. This free roam is made so people can be a bit more sucessful. It's a competition filled of activies to do everywhere. You're damn right I want to enjoy that. 

And don't complain about getting called a bad sport. If you're going around, back stabbing people, randomly killing them, etc? You're a bad sport. Deal with it. You earned that label. 

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

The f*ck? Why would a f*cking stupid system like this be in a f*cking GTA game? It doesn't make sense and exists to be heavily abused. Because you can't steal or kill anymore in free roam as most gta fans were expecting you could. With the option to disable this most people would. So stealing and killing is wrong now in multiplayer? For f*ck sake just have a Coop setting because the system would ruin the game for many and be heavily abused regardless of of any anti-abuse measures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users