89 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

Lol, I was replying to PulpFiction since he was mentioning LCS and VCS and saying he likes VCS more than LCS.  Then I replied to another guy who wishes he has a Helicopter, again, which you can already obtain since the game's release if you know how to do it and what's involved to get it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:53 AM

Well, you can obtain a Maverick in False Idols.  I have it in my Save for PS2.  It's awesome that you can fly it around.  An interesting fact, though.  When you enter the Maverick, there is NO name displayed.  It has no name, but looks like any other "Maverick" from VC, SA, and VCS.  It's easy to get, too.  I don't like the height limit, though.  In LCS when you fly the Maverick you can't fly very high and a lot of the building roofs aren't solid, either.  However, the Maverick flies ultra fast.  Much faster than any GTA thus far with Helicopters.

I'm almost positive he meant about helicopters spawning regularly at airports.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:11 AM

Well, you can obtain a Maverick in False Idols.  I have it in my Save for PS2.  It's awesome that you can fly it around.  An interesting fact, though.  When you enter the Maverick, there is NO name displayed.  It has no name, but looks like any other "Maverick" from VC, SA, and VCS.  It's easy to get, too.  I don't like the height limit, though.  In LCS when you fly the Maverick you can't fly very high and a lot of the building roofs aren't solid, either.  However, the Maverick flies ultra fast.  Much faster than any GTA thus far with Helicopters.

I'm almost positive he meant about helicopters spawning regularly at airports.

That would help improve LCS greatly.

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

Mendoza has been f*cking hit!!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:05 AM

Yes, even though it was missing some key features like flying and buying properties + I remember it being somehow laggy compared to other GTA 3 era games.

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

I bought this game with Vice City Stories so I don't think I gave LCS much of a chance because it felt abit dark at the time compared to VCS but I did give it a play a few times though and I wouldnt mind playing it as it still has something to offer like the other Grand Theft Autos

Maryo_Nicle7
  • Maryo_Nicle7

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:41 AM

Not really, this game is just for fun, due to its shorter story and specially made for mobile handheld, but it's also the first to allow the player sprint with medium type of weapons carried (such as assault rifle, shotgun, etc.), and by the way this game is also as my goal to try all GTA Series and waiting GTA VCS for android :r*:

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:29 AM

Not really, this game is just for fun, due to its shorter story and specially made for mobile handheld, but it's also the first to allow the player sprint with medium type of weapons carried (such as assault rifle, shotgun, etc.), and by the way this game is also as my goal to try all GTA Series and waiting GTA VCS for android :r*:

The story's length is actually average for a GTA. Not sure where you got the idea that it is shorter...

Nss
  • Nss

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

The story's length is actually average for a GTA. Not sure where you got the idea that it is shorter...

Missions are 2-3 min long so go figure. On top of that cutscenes are few and far between. Lcs is just a barebones gta, story is non-existent, missions are generic; drive there, shoot this, destroy 3 vans. Nothing to do, no enterable buildings, can't swim, can't fly, graphics wise worse than VC. I've no idea how some people like this game more than SA, or VCS. Vcs is basically Vice City with SA game play which is what I always wanted. Missions are longer, not generic like lcs, almost all missions have cutscenes, music on par with VC, lots of side stuff to do.. Helis, planes, vortex, bicycles etc.
  • Kane49 likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:18 PM Edited by Militia, 16 February 2016 - 08:19 PM.

73 Missions in III

88 Missions in VC

162 Missions in SA (Despite 144 Missions Passed in Stats)

113 Missions in LCS

113 Missions in VCS

LCS and VCS are more or less the same in length, actually...

If you go through each GTA and not fail a single thing, this is what it would say in your "Mission Attempts" Stat...

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:57 AM Edited by Journey_95, 04 March 2016 - 02:06 AM.

Its definitely at the bottom for me. I think not counting GTA Advance and Chinatown Wars its the weakest GTA game so far.

Toni was a bad protagonist and the story here was really lackluster, I liked Salvatore though.

VCS is much better overall.

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

Proti všem tyranům, pro boha a zemi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:59 AM

I think LCS was just as good as San Andreas.

• Osric, Zello and Sergiu like this

bubblebobbler
  • bubblebobbler

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:27 AM Edited by bubblebobbler, 04 March 2016 - 11:28 AM.

73 Missions in III

88 Missions in VC

113 Missions in LCS

113 Missions in VCS

If you go through each GTA and not fail a single thing, this is what it would say in your "Mission Attempts" Stat...

from a speedrun perspective with no major skips/tricks, game length for all missions is

LCS

GTAIII

GTAVC

GTAVCS

GTASA

completing the games 100% would be 

GTAIII

GTAVC

GTALCS

GTASA

GTAVCS

Mercury_
  • Mercury_

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:12 AM

One of the best GTA's IMO, perhaps was GTA SA a little more better because it have more gameplay features. But GTA LCS was one 

of the first Grand Theft Auto's I've played. The mission are not too difficult, so within a few hours was the storyline completed (without

collectables, side-missions etc.) GTA LCS has also a very nostalgic sphere, and that's a reason why I played this game so much.

Otherwise is the protagonist (Toni Cipriani) one of the better characters in GTA.

• Osric likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:15 PM

What I like about LCS is that because it was released after III, VC, and SA the world that R* created was already built LCS's story just sort of adds to that existing world.

• Grandtheftzach likes this

Grandtheftzach
  • Grandtheftzach

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

One thing that stood out to me right away was the improved mechanics of the gunplay from the other games in the 3d universe. You could aim and then free aim at same time as I recall. 

Marcos111
  • Marcos111

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:46 PM

Of course, i like GTA LCS so much!

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

What I like about LCS is that because it was released after III, VC, and SA the world that R* created was already built LCS's story just sort of adds to that existing world.

Hearing that play when Toni got off the bus and call the cab was special.

Keano
  • Keano

Two Number Nines

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Hearing that play when Toni got off the bus and call the cab was special.

Definitely! Once I heard that I knew the game was gonna be awesome!

• Zello likes this

Sonicguy41
  • Sonicguy41

Former Badass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

Sadly i never got to play LCS nor VCS.When i was a kid i had little to no idea they existed..i was more intrested in VC/SA

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

73 Missions in III

88 Missions in VC

113 Missions in LCS

113 Missions in VCS

GTA III= 69 missions

GTA VC= 62 missions

GTA SA= 104 missions

GTA LCS=70 missions

GTA VCS= 59 missions

GTA LCS wasn't that bad and wasn't that good, but it was a downgrade compared to San Andreas in terms of Story and Graphics and possibilities.

LCS was just a simple game made for GTA gamers to make them undrestand the pre-GTA3 events. THATS IT.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

I guess you're one of those people who don't go to 100%, right?  The Stats I listed are all what you end the game with at 100% by not failing a single Mission and doing EVERYTHING in the game...

Right in the Pause Menu of III it says 73 Missions Passed out of 73 Missions in Total.  This is of course doing EVERYTHING.  You're probably not a Completionist and doing EVERYTHING and only the Story, probably...

VC clearly has 88.  Count up all the Side Missions, Story Missions, Gang Missions, and Asset Missions.  Now get 100% and pass everything without failing.  You'll reach 88 Mission Attempts.

Where are your numbers coming from ?  You're literally missing nearly HALF the Mission Stats for LCS/VCS.  Both of these GTA's are 113 Mission Attempts upon 100%.

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

Stuff like Vigilante aren't missions. You are talking about mission ATTEMPTS

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

Dude, calm down. Just because you play GTA doesn't mean you have to be a pompous "completionist".

OT - I really preferred the squad cars from GTA LCS rather than the ones in GTA 3. They're easier on the eyes in LCS.

• WildBrick142, Pastry and Veroder like this

anonymousyam
  • anonymousyam

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

It is a good game even thou it is a bit short and there is no airplane you can fly in the game also why the hell dd they place the secret items in such hard spots? i can't get on top of the gas station or above the bridge?

• Kane49 likes this

TheDamnTrainCJ
  • TheDamnTrainCJ

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:51 PM

The storyline and characters were funny and interesting. The graphics and animations were pretty outdated even for 2005 standards and the controlling on PSPS was also a pain in the ass, but it was a enjoyable and decent grand theft auto game.

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:52 AM

Yes, I loved it looking back it's quite possibly my favorite game from the 3d era absolute classic.

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:55 PM Edited by VERSA, 05 July 2016 - 08:55 PM.

For me LCS is what I always wanted from GTA 3. After LCS its really hard for me to play GTA 3 again, it misses so much things...only the radio is what I found perfect and complete

• Kane49 likes this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:23 AM

Yeah, LCS and VCS (yeah, I'm including VCS too) was good but never will be which GTA III,  GTA VC and GTA SA is. They are more a spin-off than another thing. Somewhere in R* offices: "Hey, we doesn't have ideas anymore to make a new GTA, let's go to reuse the III and VC map and make some spin-off of III and VC at the same time".

• Kane49 likes this

Kane49
  • Kane49

The Original Balla OG / a.k.a. ~iiCriminnaaL

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:26 AM Edited by Kane49, 25 June 2017 - 07:30 AM.

Well, it isn't one of the best GTAs, maybe, but it's kinda good. Yeah, it's boring a bit, because of its dark theme... the theme song, atmosphere, etc, game has feeling of darkness, many gangs wear dark and black clothes... most of them are crime families as the game's theme is about the mafia, sounds dark and lil bit boring, reminds me of Batman xD

(Sorry for typing... kinda... out of topic:)

In the other side, VCS gives feeling like a so opened game, brightness, beautiful sky and sea, classic gangs, better missions, empire building, more helicopters (and maybe more bikes, don't remember, but LCS has bikes too, unlike GTA 3), etc - sounds cool and beautiful. But sadly, VCS (and LCS too for some point) is so underrated. I'm not even sure if they'll release an iOS version of it like LCS in 2015. Maybe because LCS and VCS were prequels (prequels as story counting, but as game releasing, sequels) for GTA LC (III) and VC and people don't want to get back to Liberty City and Vice City because they got bored? I don't know, but still LCS and VCS (especially VCS in my opinion, being the favorite game in the series after San Andreas) are so good.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Most Wanted Criminal :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

LCS have a unique experience like others GTA Games, in my conclusion have better storyline than SA

• Osric likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users