Did IGN confirm land north of Chilliad?

Q and A video
98 replies to this topic
JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

the pop in will be the same on both consoles, they're 8 years old, if you're expecting no pop in, you're sadly mistaken. But I doubt there's anything north of Chilliad, didn't we see someone jump off that in the gameplay video?

You're correct but if I remember correctly he jumped of the west side of Chilliad facing south towards Josiah. So yet again no north view.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

the pop in will be the same on both consoles, they're 8 years old, if you're expecting no pop in, you're sadly mistaken. But I doubt there's anything north of Chilliad, didn't we see someone jump off that in the gameplay video?

It cuts off right before we see any portion of the horizon of the bay. 

we still see the camera swing upwards a little as the parachute fully deploys, and then a locked camera tracks him out on the decent, if there was anything across the bay, there'd have been something to show in those shots.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by gwaha, 07 September 2013 - 06:25 PM.

Exactly, but they describe as something more loading past that stretch of "bay" and the town itself. 

It depends. It is possible that the journalist wasn't describing what we think or what he thinks he was actually describing. The way he made the statement it was too casually. If he actually knows the map by head he would have made an extra comment on how the map seem to be bigger than expected. I would have trusted anything like this more if it had come from CVG but even they have been confused before even though they do check the fanmade maps from time to time.

Even from the east of the Alamo Sea you can look over the Alamo Sea to a mountain and possibly see pops in from the canyon. Who knows if the guys from IGN actually know at all times which mountain is Mount Chiliad. Even on this forum I still see people who have checked the map make mistakes as to what mountain they are actually looking at.

And as to not showing any screenshot beyond the northern shore, what would be the point if there is nothing of note out there? It is logical to mostly show the south when dealing with Mount Chiliad since that is where most of the map is located. Looking towards Los Santos is far more interesting than looking out over the ocean when looking north.

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

You're correct but if I remember correctly he jumped of the west side of Chilliad facing south towards Josiah. So yet again no north view.

My bad, thought you were on about the online vid :( Yea anyway Franklin is going north towards Paleto but as Giasado said it cuts off before you get a view of the horizon.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

My bad, thought you were on about the online vid :( Yea anyway Franklin is going north towards Paleto but as Giasado said it cuts off before you get a view of the horizon.

So how about the view looking down over the mountain? is that Chilliad or Josiah?

Giasado
  • Giasado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

we still see the camera swing upwards a little as the parachute fully deploys, and then a locked camera tracks him out on the decent, if there was anything across the bay, there'd have been something to show in those shots.

The thing is we don't know the extent of how far another "island" would be. Also paleto isn't directly the northern most part of the map. Its more towards the northwest. The north, northeast portion of the map still has no ocean views.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

The thing is we don't know the extent of how far another "island" would be. Also paleto isn't directly the northern most part of the map. Its more towards the northwest. The north, northeast portion of the map still has no ocean views.

I still don't see how they could hide another island when they showed us this huge shot.

NWNGnOf.jpg

• JamDen89 likes this

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Exactly, but they describe as something more loading past that stretch of "bay" and the town itself. 

It depends. It is possible that the journalist wasn't describing what we think or what he thinks he was actually describing. The way he made the statement it was too casually. If he actually knows the map by head he would have made an extra comment on how the map seem to be bigger than expected. I would have trusted anything like this more if it had come from CVG but even they have been confused before even though they do check the fanmade maps from time to time.

Even from the east of the Alamo Sea you can look over the Alamo Sea to a mountain and possibly see pops in from the canyon. Who knows if the guys from IGN actually know at all times which mountain is Mount Chiliad. Even on this forum I still see people who have checked the map make mistakes as to what mountain they are actually looking at.

And as to not showing any screenshot beyond the northern shore, what would be the point if there is nothing of note out there? It is logical to mostly show the south when dealing with Mount Chiliad since that is where most of the map is located. Looking towards Los Santos is far more interesting than looking out over the ocean when looking north.

I agree with some of what you're saying but like I said in my op it looks as though they purposely aren't showing the north, like in this pic.

820-1280.jpg

See the fog on either side of the base, they look really fake and as though they've been added post shot.

Reborn_Ku5h
  • Reborn_Ku5h

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

9 More Days!

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

So how about the view looking down over the mountain? is that Chilliad or Josiah?

That is Chilliad looking down on Paleto, the town Franklin goes towards but as I said the bloke from IGN said the mountains were a long way way away north of Chilliad so that shot that you are on about wouldn't show anything.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

I prefer to IGNore them.

Kudos.

• 2281 likes this

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

I still don't see how they could hide another island when they showed us this huge shot.

Good spot but as Giasado said again, Paleto isn't directly north so what the IGN people were on about could be north north east. I don't know tbh but I just thought it was a weird off the cuff statement to make considering he seemed to know what he was describing and he definitely wasn't talking about facing south.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Killjoy2022, 07 September 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Good spot but as Giasado said again, Paleto isn't directly north so what the IGN people were on about could be north north east. I don't know tbh but I just thought it was a weird off the cuff statement to make considering he seemed to know what he was describing and he definitely wasn't talking about facing south.

I'm not saying that there definitely isn't, but from that shot, whether the town he's diving towards is north east or not, if there was another island there, of any sort of scale, there would be an indication, but there isn't anything. I just don't buy it.

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by The New Blueguy, 07 September 2013 - 06:47 PM.

I swear people just hate on IGN to be condescending dicks because it's easily the most popular gaming site in the world.  Get over yourselves, seriously.  Even when they're giving you new information for a game you people have been jerking it over for the last five years, you still behave like immature snotty bastards.  The gaming community at large seems to be a bunch sad little sheep spouting their played out memes and flocking to IGN everyday for new info anyway.

• Ulysses182 and TaviColen123 like this

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm not saying that there definitely isn't, but from that shot, whether the town he's diving towards is north west or not, if there was another island there, of any sort of scale, there would be an indication, but there isn't anything. I just don't buy it.

It is a strange one to say the least, R* said they were keeping a lot back from us so you never know. I agree that it is unlikely that from that shot there is a sizeable landmass up there but you don't know if R* has done something to hide it, they do decides what is seen at the end of the day.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 07 September 2013 - 06:50 PM.

I swear people just hate on IGN to be condescending dicks because it's easily the most popular gaming site in the world.  Get over yourselves, seriously.  Even when they're giving you new information for a game you people have been jerking it over for the last five years, you still behave like immature snotty bastards.  The gaming community at large seems to be a bunch sad little sheep spouting their played out memes and flocking to IGN everyday for new info anyway.

I know, after GTA V comes out i am thinking of quitting this sh*thole . Its just not fun anymore with all the amount of retarded members and especially the new forum layout, the old one was so much better and simpler .

• The New Blueguy likes this

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I tend to agree, IGN do some stupid things but so does every other game site. People did the same thing with CVG, saying they useless and they were amateurs whereas the truth is that they have been in the games industry for 10+ years and they obviously have a good relationship with R*.

• The New Blueguy likes this

Jordando
  • Jordando

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

They may have confused Chiliad with Josiah??

Who's that man in your avatar? he's hot

• tikigod311 likes this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm not saying that there definitely isn't, but from that shot, whether the town he's diving towards is north west or not, if there was another island there, of any sort of scale, there would be an indication, but there isn't anything. I just don't buy it.

It is a strange one to say the least, R* said they were keeping a lot back from us so you never know. I agree that it is unlikely that from that shot there is a sizeable landmass up there but you don't know if R* has done something to hide it, they do decides what is seen at the end of the day.

Oh, I definitely believe Rockstar is hiding something from us, everything they've shown us is carefully chose, I just think north of chilliad is the wrong direction.

VANGALEZ
  • VANGALEZ

Vandolf Hitgalez, Zidane's right hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

San Fierro in the north?

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

We have already seen the map outline. There is nothing behind chiliad.

map_outline.jpg

Gsnipe
  • Gsnipe

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

It could have been from east to west or vice versa vs south to north in terms of the orientation of the camera

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Oh, I definitely believe Rockstar is hiding something from us, everything they've shown us is carefully chose, I just think north of chilliad is the wrong direction.

Aye I'm not saying what IGN said is gospel just thought it was worth a discussion, really intriguing to think that he may have let slip about another landmass or area to what we already know.

Giasado
  • Giasado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by Giasado, 07 September 2013 - 07:01 PM.

map_outline.jpg

Its just an achievement map. North Yankton may or may not be part of blaine county. Please don't get me wrong. I am more certain than not that this the only island. I am just playing devil's advocate. It's good to have speculation running until we see an official map with everything of course. 

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

It could have been from east to west or vice versa vs south to north in terms of the orientation of the camera

Maybe, easily possible. Still interesting to point out that he said long long way away though, considering that we know that Chilliad is large and takes up a sizeable chunk of the map. 

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

See the fog on either side of the base, they look really fake and as though they've been added post shot.

Not really. All I am seeing is the limitations of the draw distance. The draw distance isn't infinite. You are rather high up with that plane and there is really nothing to draw beyond Chiliad either.

I only see what you could call fog on the western flank of Chiliad but everything in the distance is simply less detailed. There is really nothing beyond that particular cliff in the west anyway.

Anyway, we will see if something is out there or not. I am just going to assume that the journalist was confused because otherwise he would have said more when mentioning the pop in. With no evidence of something beyond I much rather believe there is nothing out there until we actually have true visual evidence or a journalist who knows what they he is talking about without a doubt. The fanmade maps are so close solely because visuals were used to prove something instead of guesses or hopes and dreams. Maybe there is something more out there but I am not a believer without substantial evidence.

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

map_outline.jpg

Its just an achievement map. North Yankton may or may not be part of blaine county. Please don't get me wrong. I am more certain than not that this the only island. I am just playing devil's advocate. It's good to have speculation running until we see an official map. 

Dude, there is NO SIGNS AT ALL that there will be another island.It has been confirmed by rockstar and plenty of magazines.The map is los santos and blaine county.North yankton is probably in the game, but it is somewhere in blaine county.

Giasado
  • Giasado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

map_outline.jpg

Its just an achievement map. North Yankton may or may not be part of blaine county. Please don't get me wrong. I am more certain than not that this the only island. I am just playing devil's advocate. It's good to have speculation running until we see an official map. 

Dude, there is NO SIGNS AT ALL that there will be another island.It has been confirmed by rockstar and plenty of magazines.The map is los santos and blaine county.North yankton is probably in the game, but it is somewhere in blaine county.

Thats the fun part. Just because there are no "signs" doesn't mean we can't have fun with it. Seriously, I'd rather there be seasons and more dynamic weather to explain north yankton, which it probably is.

JamDen89
  • JamDen89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

map_outline.jpg

Its just an achievement map. North Yankton may or may not be part of blaine county. Please don't get me wrong. I am more certain than not that this the only island. I am just playing devil's advocate. It's good to have speculation running until we see an official map with everything of course. 

Same here, the whole point of a forum is discussion. Plus as you said it is only an achievement map, it doesn't really prove anything. We all know what R* are like, I wouldn't say it was out of the realms of possibility that that isn't the in game map and could be a homage to the forums. 

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

map_outline.jpg

Thats the fun part. Just because there are no "signs" doesn't mean we can't have fun with it. Seriously, I'd rather there be seasons and more dynamic weather to explain north yankton, which it probably is.

I really don't have a damn clue where north yankton is, but it is surely not on another island

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users