Quantcast

» «
Photo

What city(s) or state(s) would you make the next GTA in?

GTA Vice City San Andreas Los Santos Liberty City
25 replies to this topic
Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

By some miracolous incident you are now in charge of deciding where the next big Grand Theft Auto game is going to take place.

A few rules:

• San Andreas (including the 3 cities in it), Liberty City and Vice City are off the table.
  • You can pick any city and/or state(except the ones listed above) in the U.S. only (Simply because Dan Houser was against making a GTA outside the U.S.)

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Illinois (Chicago) or Texas (Houston/Dallas). These places need to be explored in GTA's universe more imo.

• PooyanCyrus likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

- St.Louis: As ya' know, St.Louis is one of the biggest crime cities in the U.S I always wanted to see a GTA (or at least another crime video game) in St.Louis.

- Detroit: If I am asked "Which city would you like to set a GTA game in, except for the ones that are used before?", Detriot definitely may my initial answer. I always see a potential for Detroit for being a GTA city. It has the highest homicide rates throughout all United States (or one of the highest) and it has a highly-developed/developing car industry, which would be a good background for typical car jacking scenarios in GTA series. The city streets are run by brutal, dangerous Afro-American drug gangs and suburbs have a lot of potential for GTA (Detroit suburbs have interesting crime stories). All I can say, I can't see a better choice than Detroit for a GTA city.

- Philadelphia: My favourite choice after Detroit. Yeah, maybe Philadelphia was in its outlaw shape in 80's but now it has a great potential too. Philadelphia is one of the biggest docks for East Coast, k's of heroin are distributed to neighbour areas (such as Baltimore, Maryland, New York, Detroit etc.) from Philadelphia and Philadelphia docks are mainly under the control of Eastern European drug operations (especially Greeks). Also Philadelphia dock is a large junction for car smugglers and their operations.

- Texas/Albequerque (New Mexico): These locations are good choices if a GTA plot concerned on Mexican Cartels and their operations in U.S is choiced. Texas, Albequerque or whole New Mexico state is a busy drug running location for Mexican Cartels. After getting the drugs into North America there, they distribute them to especially California and Miami (the biggest drug markets for cartels) or less Mexican operated areas such as New York or Canada. Also Texas is the story center of bloody massacres, brutal homicides and them notorious Mexican Cartel executions. Also there are lots of drug gangs (especially Latin ethnical) in Texas and New Mexico, aside Mexican Cartels, especially Juarez Cartel and Sinaloa Cartel.

Well, these are my choices. Although I don't like Vice City so much, it would be nice to see a new generation Vice City game. :)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

West Virginia would be quite cool.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Philadelphia
  • Phillykid215 likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

-Vice City, New Orleans, and Atlanta

-Chicago, Detroit, and Cincinnati

-Los Santos (re-imagined), Las Venturas, San Fierro, and San Diego/Tijuana

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Stonecutter

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Chicago or Seattle.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

I'd LOVE to see Vice City on the HD gen... but I think the Chicago area would be great for a new GTA. It would be the State of Illinois ofc, since we're moving ahead and not backwards in scope (looking at you, IV). The awesome countryside along the highways, the colleges, the suburbs, and the big city make it a damn good GTA setting. It'd basically be a combination of Liberty City and San Andreas in terms of vibe/setting.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Texas, Nevada (Las Vegas), some generic Midwest city... I wouldn't either mind if they did Washington DC.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Waldie, 08 September 2013 - 01:54 AM.

Why is Vice City off the table? Cause that's exactly where I'd set it.

However, I suppose I'd go for Washington state. I like that Pacific Northwest scenery.

Or maybe D.C. The whole political aspect might be an amusing angle.

Grand Theft Auto Michael
  • Grand Theft Auto Michael

I see nothing but good things for you my son, anything you want.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

It would be nice if London come back, it's a really nice place for a DLC or something :lol:

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

By some miracolous incident you are now in charge of deciding where the next big Grand Theft Auto game is going to take place.

A few rules:

• San Andreas (including the 3 cities in it), Liberty City and Vice City are off the table.
  • You can pick any city and/or state(except the ones listed above) in the U.S. only (Simply because Dan Houser was against making a GTA outside the U.S.)

I dont see why the San Francisco and Las Vegas has to be left off. GTA V is NOT about those cities. Id like to see Las Vegas and London return. But lets understand Los Angeles and San Francisco are NOT the same places, same metros or same cultures.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Why is Vice City off the table? Cause that's exactly where I'd set it.

However, I suppose I'd go for Washington state. I like that Pacific Northwest scenery.

Or maybe D.C. The whole political aspect might be an amusing angle.

Exactly....Rockstar is not going to make a new city outside of whats already in the series. Its Liberty City, VIce City, Los Santos, London & the two other metros featured in San Andreas.

It would be nice if London come back, it's a really nice place for a DLC or something :lol:

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

I didn't really want you guys to say cities that previous cities of GTA were based off of, since that would be unoriginal, of course I would like to see a new GTA in Las Vegas or San Francisco since they weren't as complete as we and Rockstar wished, but I want more creative answers ;)

Guizan
  • Guizan

Old fossile

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Many good one has been mentioned already, like DC, Chicago and somewhere in Texas. Hawaii would also be a nice setting.

TazzMission28
  • TazzMission28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

i have one in mind

the entire united states. have the charachter be a upcoming politician running for president ( not that saints row sh*t) missions can include creating conspiracy theories , rigging state and local elections ( senators, judges mayors govenors), drug and gun running by using local gangs ( street gangs like grove street ballas  or some new ones and bikers like the lost and damned, angels of death and a new)

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 11 September 2013 - 10:15 AM.

The next game will be in Chicago because Rockstar developed San Andreas around the same time that True Crime Streets of LA was coming out. Then True Crime made NYC, Rockstar then made New York. Ubisoft is making Chicago now for Watch Dogs, so Rockstar will probably now do Chicago. Rockstar always does a city after city has been developed for another game. True Crime LA -> San Andreas -> True Crime NYC -> GTA 4 -> Watchdogs -> GTA 6 Chicago in that order of events.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

London, world's most fascinating city. f*ck NY.

TazzMission28
  • TazzMission28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

The next game will be in Chicago because Rockstar developed San Andreas around the same time that True Crime Streets of LA was coming out. Then True Crime made NYC, Rockstar then made New York. Ubisoft is making Chicago now for Watch Dogs, so Rockstar will probably now do Chicago. Rockstar always does a city after city has been developed for another game. True Crime LA -> San Andreas -> True Crime NYC -> GTA 4 -> Watchdogs -> GTA 6 Chicago in that order of events.

ill believe it when i see it for myself. id love gta set in my home town of chicago

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

I know Jersey was sorta done in IV, but it wasn't done properly.

New Jersey (Alderney) would be perfect for a GTA game of this gen as it's a pretty small state that's got a huge variety of of sights and places to see. North Jersey is comprised of rich suburbs and run down urban areas (Newark and East Orange are notoriously crime ridden) juxtaposing some of the wealthiest and poorest areas in the country in one convenient location. North Jersey is also extremely close to New York City, with the NYC skyline being visible from many towns, which would be a perfect connection to GTA's Liberty City. Let's also not forget that The Sopranos, one of the highest rated TV shows of all time was based in North Jersey, which we can be sure Rockstar would be able to make great use of.

Central Jersey is one of the wealthiest areas in the country and home to several attractions such as Six Flags, the now infamous Jersey Shore (part of it anyway), and several famous racetracks. Central Jersey is also home to several of Jersey's more well known colleges. There's also tons of shopping malls and historic landmarks waiting to be spoofed.

South Jersey of course, is known for Atlantic City, which would be a prime location to be explored by a GTA game, as it's pretty much a seedier, dirtier, down-scaled version of Las Vegas with a huge history of organized crime. On the other side of the region lies Camden, New Jersey, a city that is constantly jockeying for the title of "America's most dangerous city", Camden is both an economic hub and a cesspool of gangs, drugs, auto-theft and one of the highest murder rates in the country. It also shares a border with the city of Philidelphia, the perfect segway to a famous American city never explored by a GTA game.

I know Jersey's sorta been half assedly done before, but I'd love to see it done proper. If not in a full GTA game, perhaps an expansion to GTA Online.

mdz255
  • mdz255

I'm not a crook

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by mdz255, 12 September 2013 - 02:27 AM.

Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw with some small towns in between them. GTA in the murder mitten

Phillykid215
  • Phillykid215

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

I been playing this game since i was like 5 , and I would like to see one in Philadelphia , not only because im from philly , but because philadelphia used to be the Capital of The U.S , it helped develop our country today , and now it is like a game warzone , also Philadelphia is huge and has alot of bridges and tunnels. It would be cool for the world to see what it is like in the nice dwntown parts , to the suburbs , and also to the ghetto parts of philly that are noturious for crime like North Philadelhia , West , Southwest ect... 

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Thinking big here, Philly - Baltimore - DC. I think those 3 cities in one game could provide a nice southern expansion to what we all know from Liberty City, maybe some carry-over in bosses or something like that.

I think Hawaii could be kind of cool, I mean the fact that the islands (atleast if keeping with real life) wouldn't be connected by bridge/tunnel might suck & I have no idea what the criminal underground is like there but atleast it'd be picturesque.

Dallas - Houston - Coprus Christi - San Antonio - Austin.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Vice City or Las Venturas

Ayman1337
  • Ayman1337

Underground Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:05 AM Edited by Ayman1337, 22 September 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Anywhere in the UK!

England:

- London

- Birmingham

- Manchester

- Coventry

- Leicester

- Nottingham

- Sheffield

- Stoke-on-Trent

- Liverpool

- Southampton

- Leeds

- Bristol

- Middlesbrough

- Newcastle

- Hull

Wales:

- Cardiff

- Swansea

- Newport

- Bangor

- Aberystwyth

- Wrexham

- Llandudno

Scotland:

- Edinburgh

- Glasgow

- Aberdeen

- Inverness

- Perth

- Dundee

dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Thinking big here, Philly - Baltimore - DC. I think those 3 cities in one game could provide a nice southern expansion to what we all know from Liberty City, maybe some carry-over in bosses or something like that.

I would totally go for a mid atlantic GTA game like this. Just slap some beaches and mountians in and I'm sold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users