Photo

70 missions confirmed by CVG

452 replies to this topic
AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:20 AM Edited by AndreyK, 08 September 2013 - 10:21 AM.

He's an idiot and needs a leash. 

Smooth.

AndreyK....no....no i am not....maybe you cant read english..its okay. I will leave it at that my friend.

You don't have to be rude. And, if you weren't complaining, apologies.

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

You do know if it is 70 main missions and not side missions that is still great.

And if it IS 70 missions total, one heist could be 1 mission which in its self has over 5 different mini missions.

The point is for all the people freaking out, regardless of what those morons at CVG say, do you REALLY...and i mean REALLY think that for a game the size and scope of GTAV it is gonna be a short 70? or like the just took the piss and it is so noticeable?

I am fine with this news ( no matter how accurate it is) Because i trust Rockstar knows what the f*ck they are doing and knows how to make a good f*cking game.

Stop complaining. RDR had about half of IV's missions but felt just as long, if not longer, due to mission length. And before you call CVG morons, they released quite a lot of info, so stop whining.

haha, wait what? how the f*ck was i complaining or whining...?

"The point is for all the people freaking out, regardless of what those morons at CVG say, do you REALLY...and i mean REALLY think that for a game the size and scope of GTAV it is gonna be a short 70? or like the just took the piss and it is so noticeable?" complaining about the amount of missions.

He called them morons, but he never complained about any missions. What are you talking about? His first sentence says "You do know if it is 70 main missions and not side missions that is still great." That is probably the farthest thing from complaining lmao. He even says that he's fine with whatever rockstar decides to do because they're rockstar. I don't know if I'm making myself clear, but again, that's the farthest thing from complaining. Even in the quote in your post, he says exactly what you said before "...is gonna be a short 70?", saying that the missions will likely be long, again reinforcing his faith in rockstar. Are you okay?

I don't care, nor could I be bothered reading what you said. I was mistaken, he wasn't complaining and I have apologised.

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by iN31L, 08 September 2013 - 10:25 AM.

I don't care, nor could I be bothered reading what you said. I was mistaken, he wasn't complaining and I have apologised.

I don't care much for your apology. I just wonder what would've made you jump to that ridiculous conclusion, given the obvious signs pointed out in my reply to you. 

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

I don't care much for your apology. I just wonder what would've made you jump to that ridiculous conclusion, given the obvious signs pointed out in my reply to you. 

Does it matter? I apologised and moved on, what more do you need?

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

IV did have too many missions. I'm very content with 70 main storyline missions - that's plenty to tell a significant story.

zaloznik97
  • zaloznik97

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

C'mon people...70 IS ENOUGH

PoliceFarm
  • PoliceFarm

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

70 is how many gold medals you need for a certain achievement, that doesn't mean that's all the missions in the game. Do you really think they could only have 70 in single player but 700 in GTAO?

Thebigmoose
  • Thebigmoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm pretty sure it's way more than 70

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

awake

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

I recently ate 70 meals. What conclusions can you draw from that statement?

Do I count a packet of ramen as a meal or a snack?
Do I only consider it a meal if I sit down with the whole family?
Were my meals full of nutritious content or were they full of GMO crap and high fructose corn syrup?
Did I eat three squares a day over 23 days, or nearly starve for three months?
Did I have a starter and dessert with each meal, or just a main?
Do I count a snickers, coke and doritos as a meal on those days when I can't be bothered to cook?
Is a munchies binge a meal?
Do I expect you to analyse my previous statements about meals for deeper meaning?

If you were a starving man or morbidly obese, you would probably have all sorts of sh*te in your head about what I meant, your hunger making you see meaning where there was none given.
  • AndreyKva and OldSwitcheroo like this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

70 is how many gold medals you need for a certain achievement, that doesn't mean that's all the missions in the game. Do you really think they could only have 70 in single player but 700 in GTAO?

Yes, cause R* said it themselfes

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

It's all about the quality of the missions and the context. 70 is a meaningless number. A 170 drive to A, shoot B missions aren't going to make this game great. 

If in 70 missions I get taken on an epic journey by a great cast, involving 6 genuinely exciting heists and good challenges that make full use of the gameplay possibilities.. it'll be great. 

MattJGUK
  • MattJGUK

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Like others have previously said, 70 is plenty. RDR had less (around 50 or so) and it was a fantastic story.

It is very likely that there will be much more mission diversity and not just following the same formula as GTA IV e.g. drive here, shoot these people and done. The heists, in addition to the large amount of activities and not forgetting GTA Online, will surely keep us occupied for months.

I would much rather have 70 missions that are fun and entertaining rather than 100 or so that soon become repetitive. Many people complained about the length of GTA IV so this isn't a large surprise for me.

Vermicelli
  • Vermicelli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Take into account that GTA Vice City had 67 Main Story Missions (inc. Assets) and San Andreas had around 104 (inc. Assets)

70 Missions isn't too bad based on how well previous GTA Titles have done, these mission stats don't include heists by the way, so take into account all the planning and preperation side missions that need to be done to organise heists, these are just CORE missions that each character has.

Who cares how many missions it has, I certainly won't be rushing the storyline, they world is set up to explore, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

If single-player starts to get boring I'll just head over to GTAO once October 1st Hits, 700+ missions on there...Sorted.

Stop panicking saying the game won't last long or it'll get boring.

IT WON'T.

£170,000,000 is a lot of cash to splash on a game that Rockstar hadn't given a core storyline too, so maybe they have cut the quantity of missions down, but I'm almost certain that the quality of the missions will have you hooked for hours.

100+ hours of Singleplayer gameplay, most likely 150+ hours to get 100% completion on the game.

Have fun!

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

It's a bummer, however...

Back when GTA IV came out and rockstar had that stupid little contest where you'd get the keys to the city if you 100%'ed it in a week or something like that, I went full OCD mode over it. Even skipping all of the cutscenes, and taxi skipping to every location, it still took me a few days to blitz through the main storyline, and I'm talking about doing nothing but turning on the game and playing mission after mission and doing nothing else. In case you're wondering if I completed the challenge,  I made it to like 98% with only a day left to go. All I had to do were the stunt jumps, and maybe some pigeons left to shoot. On the last day though i realized I wasted a week of my life mindlessly grinding through a game in a way that wasn't even fun, simply to get some stupid promo item. I quit trying on that day, and never logged back onto the social club again, or ever tried to win any other video game contest again.

That tangent aside, the point is that if it took me a few days to flat out grind through GTA IV, playing GTA V proper and actually going around exploring and doing side quests and going on murderous rampages in between missions will probably stretch the game out much longer.

MONSTER_MAN
  • MONSTER_MAN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

ok... so GTA 4 had 90+ missions right? what if i told you half of these missions were just core repetitions. most involved drive from A to B and mission done. GTA 5 on the other hand involved much more sophisticated missions. and lets not forget heists. mission variety will be so much greater and each mission will be longer and more sophisticated than GTA 4.. dont be surprised when it takes longer to finish GTA 5 than it did for GTA 4... and GTA 4 is said to have over 40 hours of main storyline so wooow

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by v17, 08 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Its not the number of missions that are a problem in IV its the variety. Many of them are very repetitive and lets face it... Dull. Manny for example "Cleaning up the Streets!! Yo, Its Streets, Streets, f*cking Streets".

There are only a few missions that are really diverse and interesting, and added towards the storyline.

Bernie for example, it feels like they stretched his part out. Its the typical, you meet someone, do loads of things for them, then meet someone else, do loads of things for them and so on....

So yeah, like I said, its not the number of missions its the quality.

Im happy with 70 missions so long as they arnt go fetch missions. But I would of been more than happy with the same number of missions in IV probably even more and IV had, just so long as they are exciting or engaging.

But yeah, anyway.... Genitals....

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by iNero, 08 September 2013 - 10:52 PM.

As long there are quite some activities left which we dont know about, Im fine.

The ones we know are still less than Saints Row 1. So I hope there are alot more

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Does seem short but maybe this doesn't include the mini missions that build up to heists. But also i doubt that includes the online missions

Gazi
  • Gazi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

With only around 70 main storyline missions which probably take 5-15 minutes long they said GTA 5 will provide 100h of gameplay? So what, after 10-12h of main story gameplay iam gonna spend 88 hours killing pigeons? Dont get me wrong, but at almost every GTA game there was nothing interesting to do except of main story missions, because of well playd and directed cutscenes. If whole storyline will be limited to bankrobbing, same as side missions, this game will get boring veeeeeeeeeeeery fast;/.

makchamp
  • makchamp

Taxi Driver

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

It this is true the missions will be longer and more detailed. 

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by Druffmaul, 09 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

After listening to what he says in the CVG video, it sounds like "70-something missions" refers to stand-alone missions, not related to the heists. I don't think the 70+ number includes all of the separate "sub-missions" that are encompassed in the heists, i.e. take photos of the target location, obtain disguises, acquire military gear, etc. I think it's safe to say there will be WAY more to do in V than there was in IV. At least in vanilla IV, not counting the DLC missions. (Or does 96 include those as well?)

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

After listening to what he says in the CVG video, it sounds like "70-something missions" refers to stand-alone missions, not related to the heists. I don't think the 70+ number includes all of the separate "sub-missions" that are encompassed in the heists, i.e. take photos of the target location, obtain disguises, acquire military gear, etc. I think it's safe to say there will be WAY more to do in V than there was in IV. At least in vanilla IV, not counting the DLC missions. (Or does 96 include those as well?)

if you would listen carefully you would notice that thea said 70 mission plus 6 main heists

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by Druffmaul, 10 September 2013 - 07:00 PM.

if you would listen carefully you would notice that thea said 70 mission plus 6 main heists

No sh*t, Sherlock. Did you even read my damn post? My point was, "heist" probably refers to all of the sub-missions that lead up to the heist itself. i.e. it's not just 70-ish + 6 = 76-ish. It's 70-ish +  6 x how ever many sub-missions make up a full heist from start to finish. 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

To recognize sarcasm seems to be hard for you I see..

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

To recognize sarcasm seems to be hard for you I see..

Oh, so you were just kidding. Right. 

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

The only thing that matters here is how long each of these missions are.

disampt
  • disampt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I was expecting 599383 missions...

disampt
  • disampt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I was expecting 599383 missions...

Rooodv19
  • Rooodv19

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Its because theres probably so many side quests !! Im not worried at all

JMan2
  • JMan2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Doesn't worry me too much. I did expect more, but I'm willing to take slightly fewer missions if there's a lot more to the game, if the missions are varied, long and play out well for the story. RDR barely had over 50, but it worked perfectly within the context of the story. I'm hoping it's going to be the same for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users