Photo

70 missions confirmed by CVG

452 replies to this topic
brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

All the missions will be multi-staged with checkpoints. They will be like 3 missions in one.

We shouldn't focus on the number of mission, instead we need to find out the estimated time to

beat the storyline missions. If 30 hours or more I will be happy.

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

That's bull, San Andreas only had 105 missions. But I am sure GTA V will make up with more other things to do and explore. RDR had 50 missions but they felt as long as GTA IV's 100. I hope R* will do something similar to increase longevity of missions.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

Its ok!

GoofyGoober88
  • GoofyGoober88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

70 Missions seems okay because I think with checkpoints the missions will be longer. But are the hiests part of those 70 missions or are they seperate?.

johnmxn
  • johnmxn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

It's quality over quantity.  I'd rather have 70 big and varied missions than 100 dull and monotonous ones.

Exact. However, the number of missions in GTAO makes it very unbalanced. I don't know, with a face of "play more GTAO than the campaign".

M.Sultan
  • M.Sultan

Are you the man with the big cojones?!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

I can't believe people didn't finish IV because it was too long... It honestly didn't feel that long.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

RDR had less missions and still felt fine. Older games had a lot filler missions. You know, the ones that you think of as the "let me get this out of the way so I can get to one of the cool missions" type missions when you're replaying the game.

Rockstar had less of these in RDR, and V looks like it will have even less. Good riddance, I say.

RDR had those cattle missions, which drove me nuts with how boring and slow they were. I doubt we will have missions like that in V.

I disagree about the cattle missions. I think it was absolutely essential for the story that you had to experience John's attempt to become a peaceful rancher and family man. From a gameplay perspective I thought it was an unexpected and delightful change of pace that deepened the experience in the world. I really hope GTAV has some moments like this, where you have to do something completely different that's important for different reasons than usual.

As for length, look at what's happened to the best television shows:  dramas used to do 20-26 episodes a season and now it's 10-13. Even 24 is coming back with 12 episodes, realizing after 8 24-episodes seasons that there's a lot of filler in there.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

70 missions is fine IMO. I really think that's about how many GTA IV should've had. I remember Sleeping Dogs only having 30 missions yet the story held together quite nicely.

sal7252
  • sal7252

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Sweet!!!! Any previews happen yet for extracurricular activities?

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

I haven't read all the comments, but so many are complaining about how 70 missions isn't a lot. Let's not forget, we don't know how long each mission is itself. I'm not worried about only 70 missions. There's plenty more to do as well after those 70 missions, rampages, side-missions, sports, etc.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

70 doesn't sound a lot, but when you think about it, wow 70. Plus the GTAO has sh*tload of missions, so it's all good.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

RDR had less missions and still felt fine. Older games had a lot filler missions. You know, the ones that you think of as the "let me get this out of the way so I can get to one of the cool missions" type missions when you're replaying the game.

Rockstar had less of these in RDR, and V looks like it will have even less. Good riddance, I say.

RDR had those cattle missions, which drove me nuts with how boring and slow they were. I doubt we will have missions like that in V.

I disagree about the cattle missions. I think it was absolutely essential for the story that you had to experience John's attempt to become a peaceful rancher and family man. From a gameplay perspective I thought it was an unexpected and delightful change of pace that deepened the experience in the world. I really hope GTAV has some moments like this, where you have to do something completely different that's important for different reasons than usual.

As for length, look at what's happened to the best television shows:  dramas used to do 20-26 episodes a season and now it's 10-13. Even 24 is coming back with 12 episodes, realizing after 8 24-episodes seasons that there's a lot of filler in there.

This :^:

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Monotonous and boring gameplay doesn't excuse anything. That, and as far as I know, GTA V's storyline is not about settling in, it's about 3 guys trying to start some sh*t.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

It doesn't matter how many missions. The important thing is the length of said missions. While 70 may be true and seem less if they are long missions it makes up for it.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by Flashify, 08 September 2013 - 09:47 AM.

The story takes as long as you want it to take. So if you think it isn't long enough, then you just haven't spent enough time doing other things.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:46 AM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 08 September 2013 - 09:47 AM.

It doesn't matter how many missions. The important thing is the length of said missions. While 70 may be true and seem less if they are long missions it makes up for it.

Exactly. IV had 90 missions but around 20 of them took 2 minutes. If the missions in V are long, then it doesn't matter if there are 70 missions, it's better than having an extra 20 missions where you drive someone from a to b.

@Flashify CVC said that there are 70 missions, and several heists.

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:54 AM Edited by iN31L, 08 September 2013 - 10:00 AM.

Being on this f*cking site is giving me a headache. I swear to god, people find everything to complain about. It's really pathetic watching from the outside. 

Even if this is true, there's a little saying that goes: Quality over quantity. Same thing goes for music. Illmatic is hailed as the greatest rap album of all time and is only 40 minutes long. Unheard of. If there are 70 missions, but they're extremely immersive, detailed, and fluid, why the hell should it matter? I'd rather have 70 well thought out missions, than the drawn out, yawn-fest most of the GTA IV missions offered. A lot of those missions had no character; a lot of them were dull as all hell.

Let's all just act like we know exactly how this game is going to play out and what not. For a game so hyped by everyone, you guys sure do know how to act like some real spoiled assholes. 

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Being on this f*cking site is giving me a headache. I swear to god, people find everything to complain about. It's really pathetic watching from the outside. 

You are complaining about complaining. You aren't really making these forums better. Come back when you stop being a hypocrite.

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

You do know if it is 70 main missions and not side missions that is still great.

And if it IS 70 missions total, one heist could be 1 mission which in its self has over 5 different mini missions.

The point is for all the people freaking out, regardless of what those morons at CVG say, do you REALLY...and i mean REALLY think that for a game the size and scope of GTAV it is gonna be a short 70? or like the just took the piss and it is so noticiable?

I am fine with this news ( no matter how accurate it is) Because i trust Rockstar knows what the f*ck they are doing and knows how to make a good f*cking game.

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

You do know if it is 70 main missions and not side missions that is still great.

And if it IS 70 missions total, one heist could be 1 mission which in its self has over 5 different mini missions.

The point is for all the people freaking out, regardless of what those morons at CVG say, do you REALLY...and i mean REALLY think that for a game the size and scope of GTAV it is gonna be a short 70? or like the just took the piss and it is so noticeable?

I am fine with this news ( no matter how accurate it is) Because i trust Rockstar knows what the f*ck they are doing and knows how to make a good f*cking game.

Stop complaining. RDR had about half of IV's missions but felt just as long, if not longer, due to mission length. And before you call CVG morons, they released quite a lot of info, so stop whining.

TronxX
  • TronxX

Player but no hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

If the 70 missions is only counting the story then i'm fine. It's better then no Gta V at all. :) However i hope there is plenty more of side-quests to keep me occupied for a long time.

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:08 AM Edited by iN31L, 08 September 2013 - 10:08 AM.

You are complaining about complaining. You aren't really making these forums better. Come back when you stop being a hypocrite.

These spoiled ass children need more self awareness in their lives. The forum has already been ruined by the exceedingly high levels of self-righteousness everyone seems to be entitled to and likewise, the level of stupidity this forum has reached has gone too high to turn around any time soon. This forum can't really get any better, it's only going to get worse. 

PS: if you really care, I was busy editing my post while you replied to it.

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

For f*cksakes, cvg did not say "there are 70 missions"

They said, "there are 70something missions" as in, they haven't got a f*cking clue, and are going off the leaked achievement list.

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

These spoiled ass children need more self awareness in their lives. The forum has already been ruined by the exceedingly high levels of self-righteousness everyone seems to be entitled to and likewise, the level of stupidity this forum has reached has gone too high to turn around any time soon. This forum can't really get any better, it's only going to get worse. 

PS: if you really care, I was busy editing my post while you replied to it.

If it's only going to get worse, then your complaining is only contributing to it. Once again, if you hate these forums so much, get off them.

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

The point is for all the people freaking out, regardless of what those morons at CVG say, do you REALLY...and i mean REALLY think that for a game the size and scope of GTAV it is gonna be a short 70? or like the just took the piss and it is so noticeable?

Stop complaining. RDR had about half of IV's missions but felt just as long, if not longer, due to mission length. And before you call CVG morons, they released quite a lot of info, so stop whining.

haha, wait what? how the f*ck was i complaining or whining...?

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

He's an idiot and needs a leash. 

• shifty66 likes this

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

"The point is for all the people freaking out, regardless of what those morons at CVG say, do you REALLY...and i mean REALLY think that for a game the size and scope of GTAV it is gonna be a short 70? or like the just took the piss and it is so noticeable?" complaining about the amount of missions.

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

70 missions is ok :)

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

AndreyK....no....no i am not....maybe you cant read english..its okay. I will leave it at that my friend.

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

"The point is for all the people freaking out, regardless of what those morons at CVG say, do you REALLY...and i mean REALLY think that for a game the size and scope of GTAV it is gonna be a short 70? or like the just took the piss and it is so noticeable?" complaining about the amount of missions.

He called them morons, but he never complained about any missions. What are you talking about? His first sentence says "You do know if it is 70 main missions and not side missions that is still great." That is probably the farthest thing from complaining lmao. He even says that he's fine with whatever rockstar decides to do because they're rockstar. I don't know if I'm making myself clear, but again, that's the farthest thing from complaining. Even in the quote in your post, he says exactly what you said before "...is gonna be a short 70?", saying that the missions will likely be long, again reinforcing his faith in rockstar. Are you okay?

• shifty66 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users