Photo

70 missions confirmed by CVG

452 replies to this topic
Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

I'm happy with less missions.  GTAIV was way too long, IMO.  With so many things to do to 100%, plus all the activities, plus GTAO, I'll be busy playing GTAV for easily 500+ hours.

On a side note, it's kinda crazy to me that people want so many missions in GTA when so many games have way less.  COD games are over in about 10-15 hours, Max Payne 3 took about the same, Assassins Creed games take about 30 hours to 100%.  GTAV story will probably take 40 hours to complete and another 20 to 100%.

trevorthebadass
  • trevorthebadass

Rat

• Members

they want us to play the SP first and they arent going to make it unbearably long, but after MP comes out it will all more than likely MP. because of the amazing job (we hope) they have done with it

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

I'm happy with 70 missions, but what's wrong with other people giving a negative opinion?

DerpBerp
  • DerpBerp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Even if theres 70 theres still a spit load of other objectives and messing around to do. Look at Fallout 3 i can be that game in a day going only through the main story but theres 100+ hours in the game 

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'm happy with less missions.  GTAIV was way too long, IMO.  With so many things to do to 100%, plus all the activities, plus GTAO, I'll be busy playing GTAV for easily 500+ hours.

On a side note, it's kinda crazy to me that people want so many missions in GTA when so many games have way less.  COD games are over in about 10-15 hours, Max Payne 3 took about the same, Assassins Creed games take about 30 hours to 100%.  GTAV story will probably take 40 hours to complete and another 20 to 100%.

You're overestimating Call of Duty. I had the entire campaign for Black Ops 2 done in 6 hours.

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

You're overestimating Call of Duty. I had the entire campaign for Black Ops 2 done in 6 hours.

This. CoD campaigns can usually be completed in 5-6 hours tops.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm dissapointed, more less about this. But thank you for sharing OP. :)

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:04 AM Edited by gionascm2, 08 September 2013 - 02:14 AM.

GTA VC = 57 missions

GTA SA = 104 missions

GTA IV = 95 missions

Keep in mind, these are story missions. My source: http://www.gtamissions.com/   Just  click on a GTA and it tells you the # of missions.

I am satisfied with ~70 missions, I know they will all be very memorable.

Oh, also, since we can do most missions with different characters (different roles), there are actually ~200 missions technically.

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Latest 5 minutes fact.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JmKudUU1_mk

Right at the beginning he says that it has about 70 Missions.

I guess this wasnt known yet. We only knew that there will be 6 major heists iirc.

Lock if old.

Edit:

people... we already knew that it will have less than IV. Dan Houser himself said it in 2012. R* says that too many people did not finish IV because it was too long.

Imo it was the lack of variety in the missions that stopped people from finishing the game.

Link: http://www.examiner....etails-revealed

RDR: 58 Missions

GTA4: 94 Missions

San Andreas: 192 Missions including 3 secret Missions

I got these numbers from the web so I dont know if they counted sidemissions or not

It wasn't that IV was too long, it was that it was too boring and most missions were repetitive as f*ck. If they made a game that had compelling and diverse missions, I'd be down for 200+

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think it's a good number. Even though it's my favorite in the series, GTA IV's story dragged on a bit during the third act and the missions were mediocre with repetitive shootouts and car chases. 

70 missions is still more than all of the PS2-era games (sans San Andreas) and you have MUCH more variety and choice with these new missions.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

GTA IV Help & Support [PC]

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

70 Missions?  :blink:

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm fine with fewer missions, they've seem to put allot more into each mission, they seem bigger, and are pushing the envelope in other ways as well, more crazy, more varitey to each of them, factor in the metric f*ck ton of side missions, and activities, not only that but heists, and possibliy other big missions may also require planing before hand, and you can replay any of them at any time, so there's allot of replay factor there as well.

The game's huge, a few Story missions skimed off the top is fine with me if the missions we're geting are better, and the world it's self is huge which it's looking like both of those are happening.

GTAVIViceCity
  • GTAVIViceCity

CarJacker

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Funny how people are calling CVG liars and fake. 

This is as authentic as it gets. 70 missions. Side missions could be more or about the same but they are right about 70 missions.

70 Gold Medals as an achievement suggest 70 MISSIONS. R* themselves said they will bring back TBOGT mission replays and gold medals.

Now don't be disappointed, 70 missions could be really long, take RDR for example which seemed a lot longer than GTAIV 

• MrcTOtheJ likes this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Funny how people are calling CVG liars and fake. 

This is as authentic as it gets. 70 missions. Side missions could be more or about the same but they are right about 70 missions.

70 Gold Medals as an achievement suggest 70 MISSIONS. R* themselves said they will bring back TBOGT mission replays and gold medals.

Now don't be disappointed, 70 missions could be really long, take RDR for example which seemed a lot longer than GTAIV 

Eh it's mainly people in denail wanting more missions, like you said RDR didn't have that many but it seemed longer than IV, and IMO had better quality missions (I liked IV but I have to agree allot of the missions can be somed up as Chase this, kill that) as well, it's about Quality not quantity.

LEXER1
  • LEXER1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Those 70 missions are probably the heist related ones. Side missions, bounties, random people, random events, etc. will fill in the game.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Only 70?

Lame.

Incendia
  • Incendia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

>believing youtube people that don't work for any company.

I only really lurk on these forums as a guest, but just had to sign up to say that you are an idiot.

If you dont know who CVG are, they are one of the oldest UK Videogame Journalist sites in existence having been in existence since around 1981.

Ontop of this, CVG have also been invited out to play GTA V at Rockstar North and also have voice interviews with several developers when they did go to visit (something that rarely ever happens in regards to interviews from Rockstar, they have always had scripted text interviews.)

So to suggest that they are not a legit source and do not know what they are talking about, means you yourself do not know what you are talking about.

These "youtube people" are infact the only ongoing podcast show that have played the game and interviewed the people who make it.

Heres CVG just incase you dont know what your talking about: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

And here is their ongoing detailing of GTA V too: http://www.computera...d-theft-auto-v/

-- Sorry, i'll go back to lurking now.

SantosAssassin
  • SantosAssassin

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

There will be at least 100 missions in the game.

• Vashter likes this

Vashter
  • Vashter

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Didn't  R* said there gonna be 700 mission that is also including online with it? There was an interview about it....

Tripz
  • Tripz

Dusting Off

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by Tripz, 08 September 2013 - 03:06 AM.

Didn't  R* said there gonna be 700 mission that is also including online with it? There was an interview about it....

Whoa buddy! You're a tad bit off. It was actually confirmed that we would have over 900 missions in single player. For f*ck's sake, the nerve of some people on these forums :barf:

• Vashter likes this

Incendia
  • Incendia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

It is seperate, as Rockstar are considering GTA Online as a seperate entity - they had come out and stated that GTA Online would have around 700 missions.

70 for a story is quite alright in my view.

• Vashter likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Some of the missions could be long you never know

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

RDR was too long at 58. Those Dickens missions and Mexico made me want to rip my face off. I just hope there aren't a load of mission givers who want you to fetch this and that before they tell you where the next mission starts.

• Edward-Is-A-Flunky45 likes this

subsonicdust
  • subsonicdust

A Demon of Liberty

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

It's quality over quantity.  I'd rather have 70 big and varied missions than 100 dull and monotonous ones.

samyG
  • samyG

Uncivilized atheist looking to devour you when you're dead

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

What are you all complaining about? "ONLY SEVENTY MISSIONS?! THERE SHOULD BE HUNDREDS!" Please, quality over quantity. We all know that these missions will consist of bank heists (small to large scale), gang shootouts and drug deals with Franklin and Trevor, etc, etc. Like someone said, more variety, creativity, and quality. And please, "ONLY 70?!". Lmao, you people need to chill out and check your privledges ;)

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Called it, well I thought it would be about 75 not 70. The Episodes weren't just an experiment on multiple protagonists it seems it was also an experiment on making a a shorter but stronger story, with 70 that is 23 missions each (allot like the episodes) as for heists maybe they are counted seperately or some of the heist are more centered towards different protagonists like 2 heists each.

I hope this is true because while it might seem short to some, this should mean no filler missions to pad the length of the game. GTAIV was like 90 missions but if you cut out all the worthless missions it's more like a 60-70 mission game. The shorter length will do wonders to the replayabillity value aswell as getting more people to actually finish the game this time which I'm sure R* would appreciate.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 08 September 2013 - 03:54 AM.

Want to stretch the game out? Just take long breaks after doing 1 or 2 missions. Go explore the world and cause havoc. I've never played a GTA and just started busting out mission after mission.

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

who cares?

i played gta games for exploration, the collectibles, the discovery and the scenery, 70 seems fine for me

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

Think about the time we will be spending planning how to complete them... Since it's some heists too. It's not about size... It's about action, storytelling, and difficulty. IMO, if it haves all of this combined, it'll make me play it again and again and again. BUT in the end, 70 compared to the 100+ missions in San Andreas is kinda ... Worrying.

mikecyclexxx
  • mikecyclexxx

The Shootist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

To me, the story missions are the best part of any GTA so I really hope that IF it is only 70, that they are long and not rushed! It could even count heists as 1 mission, but it may be made up of a fee smaller "missions" ie collecting supplies, finding help etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users