70 missions confirmed by CVG

452 replies to this topic
Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm kind of content with this, 70 is a lot and makes sense due to having three protags.

Like a lot of people said, GTA IV kind of lacked diversity in mission structure, as much as i love Niko he was basically just an Assassin for whoever he was working for, every mission was basically "go kill this person"

Maybe GTA V won't have a slow start, and you get into the action right away? Though i do love the build up to GTA stories.

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

Friendly player

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Everyone needs to calm the f*ck down this 70 missions BS is irrelevant

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:48 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 07 September 2013 - 11:49 PM.

There are 273 quests in Skyrim. But there are some that never end, like assassination contracts. They don't end until you kill everybody in Skyrim. lol

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

they said 70missions had Gta IV

gta-puk
  • gta-puk

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by gta-puk, 07 September 2013 - 11:55 PM.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ONLY 70 missions..!?!?!

I think many people wont buy the game or cancel pre-order!!

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

70 missions? IV had about close to a 100. What is this?

It's about the quality, not quantity.

• roostersrule2 likes this

Mk4013
  • Mk4013

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

70 in SP + 700 in MP (500 at the start, 200 added later) + side activities.
Eh, i'm ok with that.

CheesyWhales
  • CheesyWhales

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

I'm fine with 70 missions. Apparently Red Dead Redemption had less, yet it still felt much longer. I think Rockstar have learned from their past games and, most notably, GTA IV.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'm replaying GTA IV, and I can definitely feel the lack of variety. A lot of missions early on were very slow, getting people used to the new style of the game. It had a very slow pace, more akin to a TV drama than an action show. And quite a few of them had very simple objectives, often killing people and fighting through hordes of generic bad guys.

I'd rather have the game 1/3 shorter if it meant that the individual missions were better.

October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

I love how whiny you all are, if it was more you would complain that it would get boring and repetitive like IV was and now you complain that its less,wtf !

Seriously, it's ridiculous. Seventy missions isn't bad either, it'll be more than enough. 

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Remember though, those MP missions prolly gonna be horrendous.

sh*tload of "look, kid.. we need you to pick this up from a warehouse with your crew', get it done!! *Shootout* - Mission Complete *Corny jingle* 

• stjimmy3 likes this

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

People tend to forget:

- all the side missions this game will have
- random encounters ( RDR style)
- bounty hunting
- animal hunting
- other diverse activities
- new missions which involve the radio somehow (IGN told this)
- exploration
- random online missions
- custom online missions/ deatchmatches
- more ...

All this + 70 missions isn't really all that bad.

You tend to forget GTASA had most of this plus more missions, that's where the disappointment is coming from.

PrettyWallace
  • PrettyWallace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

7o missions?! I thought they said there would be 700+ missions on GTA: Online alone. Wtf?

Syntax323
  • Syntax323

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Remember a lot of gtaiv missions were pick this guy up and drop him off.

5 minutes fill in missions are probably included in that 94.

Gtav missions probably more in depth.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

70 mission sounds about right. Shorter then IV but longer than Red Dead Redemption - and nobody complained about the lenght of that game.

Guys, rembember - quality over quantity.

Another important thing to think of is that we're not the only ones they're making this game for. GTA is a huge series and it has alot of mainstream fans aswell. I know alot of people that never finished GTA IV because they felt like it was too long and some mission types got quite repetetive.

There's no reason for them to make 100+ missions if they know 30%, 40%, 50% or whatever of the people that buy the game don't even finish it. It will still sell very well and as long as there's just Enough missions the majority of players will love it.

Also, this game will have so much more replayability due to the fact that you can play many missions in alot of different ways thanks to character switching.

70 is definitely enough!

Exactly this! I am on this other forum and SO many folks said they barely finished a handfull of missions in IV.....i mean what the f*ck man. Some other people finished a lot of missions, but just didn't get to the ending. While i loved the story missions in IV myself...i CAN see why some people would consider several missions filler and just not that interesting.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I can do 15 missions a day and be done with this game in five days.

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

7o missions?! I thought they said there would be 700+ missions on GTA: Online alone. Wtf?

Read the bloody thread before commenting!

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Raptomex, 08 September 2013 - 12:25 AM.

San Andreas had a little over 100 missions I believe. Regardless, given the scope, ambition, and quality of V I'm fine with 70 missions. Remember, missions are replayable and there's tons of stuff to do.

Also, missions may be longer this time around. I can't imagine the heists will be super quick, plus all the prepping and planning.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

Did you guys even watch the F***ing video? He said 70 SOMETHING missions IN ADDITION TO the 6 HEISTS! and the six heists have up to 20 STAGES OF PLANNING!

So let's do the math.

70 something can mean anything from 71-79 so let's pick the middle. 75

75 missions. 6 heists. a total of 81 so far.

Now each heist has up to 20 stages of planning. Even though we don't know how intricate each stage will be, let's group them together in groups of 4 to equal 1 mission.

So that's roughly 5 groups for each of the 6 heists. 5*6 is 30.

Now, 30 stage missions plus 6 heists plus 75 story missions is 111. 111 Main story missions. That's not including all the dynamic side missions.

Can we all shut up now and stop complaining?

Why is nobody listening to this?

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by roostersrule2, 08 September 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Did you guys even watch the F***ing video? He said 70 SOMETHING missions IN ADDITION TO the 6 HEISTS! and the six heists have up to 20 STAGES OF PLANNING!

So let's do the math.

70 something can mean anything from 71-79 so let's pick the middle. 75

75 missions. 6 heists. a total of 81 so far.

Now each heist has up to 20 stages of planning. Even though we don't know how intricate each stage will be, let's group them together in groups of 4 to equal 1 mission.

So that's roughly 5 groups for each of the 6 heists. 5*6 is 30.

Now, 30 stage missions plus 6 heists plus 75 story missions is 111. 111 Main story missions. That's not including all the dynamic side missions.

Why is nobody listening to this?

People are stupid.

But that's probably wrong, Sleeping Dogs had 30 missions and went for 12 hours and RDR had 58 and went for 20 hours.

If it all equates together nicely then GTA V will have a 25-30 hour story, which is the perfect length.

A games story is just like your dick, it's not how big it is but how you use it  :lol:

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Guys, EVEN if it had 70 missions, it would take so much time because i usually just do like 1-2 missions in a row and free roam like for 5-6 hours 0.o.

But i doub't it will be 70 missions since GTA:ONLINE will have about 500-700 missions..

Not this nonsense again.

You're gonna be sore when you see what the GTA Online missions are like.

Do I have insider info? Of course not... that's not my point. My point is that the online missions are simple heists and fetch missions. They say 100's of missions but it's just variations of the same mission.

Online isn't going to be a fully fledged cutscene story based game the same as the story mode.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by Noclue_42, 08 September 2013 - 12:33 AM.

70 missions is too little for a game of this magnitude

I don't mean to be blunt here...but sincerely F*CK your opinion!

"quality over quantitiy"....learn to appreciate that, kid(s)

edit: new quote system is a huge turn-off....well, just 10 more days...thank god R*

• roostersrule2 likes this

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

lol, no negative opinions allowed?

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

People tend to forget:

- all the side missions this game will have
- random encounters ( RDR style)
- bounty hunting
- animal hunting
- other diverse activities
- new missions which involve the radio somehow (IGN told this)
- exploration
- random online missions
- custom online missions/ deatchmatches
- more ...

All this + 70 missions isn't really all that bad.

You tend to forget GTASA had most of this plus more missions, that's where the disappointment is coming from.

What? No it didn't. It didn't have online multiplayer at all (let alone customizable missions and a stock of several hundred pre-made ones), no bounty hunting or hunting, very few of the GTA V activities, or random encounters.

More to the point, San Andreas had to have so many missions because its narrative traveled across three cities, the countryside, and the desert. GTA V is restricted to one large city and one VERY large rural county. San Andreas needed enough missions to fill up each of the five unique areas to a decent degree, plus a return to Los Santos for the endgame missions.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

Did they truly confirm it though? Cause hey....the word CONFIRMED is thrown around here all the time.

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

What? No it didn't. It didn't have online multiplayer at all (let alone customizable missions and a stock of several hundred pre-made ones), no bounty hunting or hunting, very few of the GTA V activities, or random encounters.

More to the point, San Andreas had to have so many missions because its narrative traveled across three cities, the countryside, and the desert. GTA V is restricted to one large city and one VERY large rural county. San Andreas needed enough missions to fill up each of the five unique areas to a decent degree, plus a return to Los Santos for the endgame missions.

It had equivalent stuff to most of this... ambulance, fire truck, police, pimping missions, street racing, off road racing, nascar racing, driving, pilot schools, hidden packages, chiliad challenge, in game video games, NRG challenge, customizable cars, fighting gyms etc. etc.

Point is SA had a similar amount of content AND more missions, just sayin'.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

It had equivalent stuff to most of this... ambulance, fire truck, police, pimping missions, street racing, off road racing, nascar racing, driving, pilot schools, hidden packages, chiliad challenge, in game video games, NRG challenge, customizable cars, fighting gyms etc. etc.

Point is SA had a similar amount of content AND more missions, just sayin'.

GTA V hasn't come out yet so you can't assume SA has the same amount of side missions as V.

Why must every SA fanboy bring up san andreas when they find something they don't like in V? They are 2 completely different games.

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Sorry, I know negativity is not allowed here, I can't wait for GTAV too, just explaining why some people are disappointed.

allftw
  • allftw

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Honestly what is wrong with people? Some people are going to complain because the game has 10 to 20 missions less than they hoped it would? Even though Rockstar already made it clear that it will have less missions than IV? The missions will probably take longer this time around anyway and it is quite possible that the preparation stages for the heists like scouting, getting together a crew or acquiring tools are not included in this number. Come on people just try to enjoy something once without getting all panicked.

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Whinging babies are back. I heard approx 700 missions for gtao, not confirmed I don't think. Hypothetically GTAV could have 50 missions, but if each mission was action packed and took 30 minutes to complete minimum, how is it not enough, and with a map this size and how hard the cops come after you missions of this time frame are possible.

Gtaiv took me 30 hours to finish first time through, I think V will easily take longer, probably around 40 for the average gamer, then there's all the side missions, use logic guys instead of yelling about something that hasn't officially been confirmed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users