Photo

70 missions confirmed by CVG

452 replies to this topic
ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm sure the missions will be longer than usual, they keep getting longer with each GTA.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Sure IV had more missions but so many of them were based on menial tasks early on. It's Your Call, First Date and Easy Fare are all examples of this.

Rockstar has confirmed that the action will arrive thick and fast early on. If missions like the ones listed above are the type being cut, then I'm not bothered by the lower total.

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

70 missions is too little for a game of this magnitude imo

Yeah especially considering the map is supposedly larger than RDR map, gta 4 map and San andreas' map combined

andylsb25
  • andylsb25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

I think 70 missions will be enough, I think that 1 mission may have 4 - 5 things to do before you complete the original mission. Either way there's thousands of things to do in GTA 5 So ypu womt get bored!!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

I think 70 missions will be enough, I think that 1 mission may have 4 - 5 things to do before you complete the original mission. Either way there's thousands of things to do in GTA 5 So ypu womt get bored!!

Exactly. But some people are very obnoxious, they won't understand.

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Daviedv, 07 September 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Everyone really does believe anything they hear.

This. Only got this far, cba reading 6 more pages of crap.

that logic would mean that GTAV still could be a totally different game than we think.
who knows, probably we will get some little ponies jumping around on sept 17th
Yes, it could be a totally different game to what we think, if we believe everything everyone says.
I say there will be a 25foot dog that shoots bananas out of it arse. Does that mean its in? No.

goint after your logic its possible... cause nothing we heared so far is legit
Sorry,when did I say everything we have heard is untrue? That's right, I didn't. What I quoted and agreed with was someone's comment about how some people believe ANYTHING they hear.

Some thing's we have been told are true. However some things that have been said; e.g. a sun newspaper article saying there are 60 cars, or cvg saying there are 70 missions.. Not as if cvg or ign or other "sources" have said things that haven't been true is it?

So please. Disprove me and explain "my logic"...

DiEgOw_CrAzY
  • DiEgOw_CrAzY

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

The thing that makes me sad, is that they give more importance for the multiplayer nowadays. Look at this sh*t. 70 missions pratically comfirmed to SP, while It's comfirmed to be atleast 700 missions in GTAO. I think this is unfair with the old schools fans like me, that is not into this multiplayer BS. I sure gonna play GTAO, but I'm more of a single player guy, and I think that GTA 5 shold have atleast 120 missions. IMO, people haven't finished GTA 4, for the lack of missions diversification and because people who goes straight to MP and never played the story, an not because the story was too long. GTA SA is even longer than GTA 4 and people finished It.

jnasty919
  • jnasty919

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Unless it was confirmed by rockstar its all speculation.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

so why is 

that logic would mean that GTAV still could be a totally different game than we think.
Yes, it could be a totally different game to what we think, if we believe everything everyone says.
I say there will be a 25foot dog that shoots bananas out of it arse. Does that mean its in? No.

Sorry,when did I say everything we have heard is untrue? That's right, I didn't. What I quoted and agreed with was someone's comment about how some people believe ANYTHING they hear.

Some thing's we have been told are true. However some things that have been said; e.g. a sun newspaper article saying there are 60 cars, or cvg saying there are 70 missions.. Not as if cvg or ign or other "sources" have said things that haven't been true is it?

and which are the things that are true?

people say that its legit when a small mag talks about a small new cool feature but say its fake or not true when a Mag like CVG says something they dont like... CVG is one of the more reliable sources but as soon as they post something you dont like it automaticly isnt true.. 

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by Daviedv, 07 September 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Unless it was confirmed by rockstar its all speculation.

Exactly!

so why is 

and which are the things that are true?
people say that its legit when a small mag talks about a small new cool feature but say its fake or not true when a Mag like CVG says something they dont like... CVG is one of the more reliable sources but as soon as they post something you dont like it automaticly isnt true..

As above. If rockstar haven't said it or shown it themselves, it's all speculation. (Exception being the leaked psn adverts/music)

People are people. Hence me agreeing with the comment I originally quoted. They are so hyped up about the game, they will believe anything that looks or sounds remotely genuine. Cvg are guessing as well, or do you think rockstar are telling them things they won't publicly announce themselves?

Also, I haven't said my opinion on the 70 missions. So how do you know if I like it or not?

I don't care if there are 10 missions or 10,000. If there are only 70 main missions, I would "speculate" that they are more in depth than previous games efforts. But, like everyone else, I will not find out until play the game myself.

Tbh, you miss read what I said in the beginning and your now down a deep hole without a ladder.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

I was hoping it would be like SA's missions. SA offered many varied missions and most of them one-of-a kind. Have to say this is disappointing.

• latigreblue likes this

TheJLC
  • TheJLC

Hiding from the Police in the Police Station

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

70 missions sounds just about the right length if true.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

It's longer than RDR so I'm happy. I don't know about you all but RDR's story felt like it lasted forever. Not meaning that in a bad way! I didn't want it to end.

The story is just a small part of the game for me. I completed IV's story in just a few days and spent the next 5 years just f*cking around the map doing crazy sh*t. With V I'll be making the story last as long as possible and when it's done I'll be f*cking around the map for much longer than 5 years.

Skylanator
  • Skylanator

War, war never changes..

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by Skylanator, 07 September 2013 - 08:47 PM.

I don't want longer missions, I want more of them, it'll give the story more jumps and will keep the game feeling longer and make more of a difference to the world :3. This really does just make the game feel short. Regardless, I'm still going to buy it and play it through myself, and I'm hoping that Rockstar have more good surprises that they haven't had leaked or revealed to make up for this, so it won't jolt the experience.

xbangz
  • xbangz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

23 missions for each character? I am confused guys  :miranda:

BigVenis
  • BigVenis

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

The game has a hell of a lot more things to do and see, 70 missions imo is irrelevant.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Just out of curiosity, how would one speculate on the specific amount of story missions in the game? I mean, what are they actually going off?

Green Flamenco
  • Green Flamenco

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Pretty disappointed with the number of missions. No doubt they'll be good though. Anyone know if the random encounters happen like RDR? 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

No it's all one storyline. There is 70 missions but depending on which character you use, it intertwines. I think lol. The missions are going to be long so don't worry.

• xbangz likes this

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

People have a right to be disappointed if this is true. We shouldn't  be comparing the amount of missions to GTA 4 (a game that is considered somewhat disappointing), we should be comparing it to San Andreas, and compared to that, it is lacking.

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Shut the f*ck up goofs. 70 missions is more than enough.

Hopefully the missions will not be repetitive.

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

There are missions in GTAIV?

Rich.
  • Rich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Pretty disappointed with the number of missions. No doubt they'll be good though. Anyone know if the random encounters happen like RDR? 

Yes. It was confirmed a long time ago.

Also, not sure why people are upset about there being 70 missions. As long as the missions are good, it doesn't matter. Adding a bunch of filler to the story just to extend it's length would be horrible.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Just out of curiosity, how would one speculate on the specific amount of story missions in the game? I mean, what are they actually going off?

Achievements apparently.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

5 YEARS for 70 missions? RDR HAD 57 an it was one protag in the middle of nowhere! No way in hell this is life, it can be! 18gb instalation for 70 missions!

Oh yeah I forgot that GTAV only consisted solely off missions, silly me for taking into account the countless other stuff that GTAV has to offer, like the most cars, planes, bikes, weapons, side missions and random events.

Remember guys, IGN stated that in some missions you can choose what protag you want to start with and you can complete some missions in multiple ways.

SantosAssassin
  • SantosAssassin

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

There will be at least 100 missions.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Not really, since the characters appear in various combinations and apparently some missions can be replayed using primarily one character or another.  However in terms of completely unique story content per character, I've said ever since the length was compared to RDR that, divided by three, it could work out to be that we'd get to "know" each character as well as Luis or Johnny but not as well as Niko or C.J.

• latigreblue likes this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

All coverage and info, and you still have no clue how the three protagonist system will work. Scary.

selamkardas
  • selamkardas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

yes like the chapters in Mafia 2

MRinBlack
  • MRinBlack

Couldnt give a f*ck

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

i dont even want this game anymore 70 missions are you f*cking joking tht would take easy 2 3 days to complete whether i was at work or not 

There's still plenty of time to cancel your pre-order. That's $60 to go towards COD: Casper Edition.

erm no thanks 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users