• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic
Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

is it really part of the map?

Do you remember this mission in San Andreas where you had to fly to Liberty City and it had snow there?

What IF, just IF - North Yankton will only appear as part of a mission and we can't access it in free roam outside this mission???

I know it would suck, but R* has not yet released a picture showing this area nor did they confirm it to the press, etc. nor do the mappers fail to locate it because we almost know every major part of Blaine County & Los Santos.

Let's discuss this one more time

v_snow.jpg

LUIGI1798
  • LUIGI1798

Godfather of The Grove

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

is it really part of the map?

Do you remember this mission in San Andreas where you had to fly to Liberty City and it had snow there?

What IF, just IF - North Yankton will only appear as part of a mission and we can't access it in free roam outside this mission???

I know it would suck, but R* has not yet released a picture showing this area nor did they confirm it to the press, etc. nor do the mappers fail to locate it because we almost know every major part of Blaine County & Los Santos.

Let's discuss this one more time

v_snow.jpg

Now i doubt that very much. The reason LC was like that in SA was because of hardware limitations, you had to wait for a loading screen to cross a bridge let alone 2 cities. The map is big enough in this game to house North Yankton and im sure its in the North part of the map. Heck maybe we have to fly to LC in one mission or even Vice City. That would be cool if we got to go kill Niko whilst he is bowling.

• trevorthebadass likes this

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by nuer, 07 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Top right of the map, not far from Mount Chilliad is my guess. They haven't shown a screen pointing north.

rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Should be part of the map. It's probably an area that is always snowy......like how the Tall Trees area was in Red Dead Redemption.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

I reckon it is part of the map.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Well I am betting it is in the "North" part of the map in an area not shown at all yet.  I think the map is bigger than everyone assumes, rockstar love hiding things and I like to believe that there are hiding some pretty big stuff/features from us.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by Emmi, 07 September 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Well I am betting it is in the "North" part of the map in an area not shown at all yet.  I think the map is bigger than everyone assumes, rockstar love hiding things and I like to believe that there are hiding some pretty big stuff/features from us.

But since this achievements icon showing the map outline has been leaked (which is PRETTY similar to the fan made maps) - how can we say the map will be bigger than we all think???

• JamDen89 likes this

gtaman533
  • gtaman533

Midget

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Everywhere in the map is accesible. Just read the Aaron Garbut preview it is a good read. I suspect some rally racing in the snowy areas :colgate:

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

But since this achievements icon showing the map outline has been leaked (which is PRETTY similar to the fan made maps) - how can we say the map will be bigger than we all think???

I know that is how it seems, but how do we know that the achievements icon is the correct outline.  Surely they knew it would leak they always do for everygame. 

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

I know that is how it seems, but how do we know that the achievements icon is the correct outline.  Surely they knew it would leak they always do for everygame. 

I was thinking the same a few times - it looks tooooooo similar to the fan made one - maybe they made a joke of it???? i mean we've seen this island in the gameplay trailer (online) why wouldn't it be shown in the achievement icon???? there's still hope for sure.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

If it directly on the other side of Mt, Chillad how come there is no snow on the top or anywhere on this side of the mountain.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

I think it exists. Every other thing on that postcard did. Unless R* is meaning to gain hate from fans, they would make it accessible. Because everyone wants some damn snow! :p

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

I am convinced their is another Island, maybe located North West 

Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

There's one issue I have with the name 'North Yankton' - does that not imply that there's a South Yankton, meaning that North Yankton can't be a single island to the North of the map? If it was just called 'Yankton' or 'South Yankton', or even if the island with Los Santos and Blaine County was called 'Yankton' I would understand.

.kiwi_4
  • .kiwi_4

Previously known as KiiWiiDeee

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

What IF, just IF... North Yanton is only on a post card? Lets face it, snow doesn't fit Southern California-esque game, even though snow would be great. :)

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Some facts:

North yankton is in canada
Liberty city is northeast Los Santos
Liberty city is near canada
Rockstar is hidding northeast corner
So? Do you follow me?
Yes kids, liberty city is on gta5 + north yankton northern Lc
  • Gigabomber likes this

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by gwaha, 07 September 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Of course mappers don't fail to locate it because it can't be located in the first place. You really can't locate a postcard which is showing only a road and no real notable surroundings. 

If North Yankton is not on the main island I actually believe it is not supposed to be Canada, which face it is based on joke started by zombie elvis and Negan, but I believe it is probably North Dakota. The town of Yankton is located in South Dakota and I can see Rockstar having used it to actually be the name of a state, so considering it is called North Yankton it makes more sense to be North Dakota or in North Dakota. I don't believe it is anything like Big Bear. Even though we don't see much in the postcard it still looks like flat land. And no, it is also not likely to be Nipton.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Spoiler

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

North Yankton is not in Canada, me and some other people posted this in the multiple towns thread long time ago to troll.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

North Yankton is not in Canada, me and some other people posted this in the multiple towns thread long time ago to troll.

Exactly and yet people still believe in it. Zombie elvis started this as far as I know and then Negan made people believe it was real.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Of course mappers don't fail to locate it because it can't be located in the first place. You really can't locate a postcard which is showing only a road and no real notable surroundings. 

If North Yankton is not on the main island I actually believe it is not supposed to be Canada, which face it is based on joke started by zombie elvis and Negan, but I believe it is probably North Dakota. The town of Yankton is located in South Dakota and I can see Rockstar having used it to actually be the name of a state, so considering it is called North Yankton it makes more sense to be North Dakota or in North Dakota. I don't believe it is anything like Big Bear. Even though we don't see much in the postcard it still looks like flat land. And no, it is also not likely to be Nipton.

Yeah, my old forum account was Negan. Sorry guys I didnt think youll take it seriously lol.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

The idea that it's a mission-only location is a very, very old idea that has been thrown around countless times now. It's either that, or there is seasonal snowfall on mountain peaks or something, or it exists in a portion of the map we haven't seen enough of yet to make good judgement.

Raul Passos
  • Raul Passos

I'm A Pretty Good Artist

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well there is an area in Los Angeles  where it snows called Angeles Crest Highway it kinda does look like the picture (though I'm pretty sure North Yankton is a town not a road). 

So I'm sure that Big Bear will be one of the towns. By the way there is a place in Big Bear called "North Shore Landing Big Bear" It does not have a South Shore so it could be just part of Big Bear. Which means it's not called North Yankton as a Town. The town is suppose to be named Yankton not with a north then.jetskis.jpg

northshore1.jpg

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Norht Yankt(on) is definitely in game, but i'm guessing it's not on map we know. We already saw highest point of Mount Chiliad, there's no snow. It will be on separate island somewhere north or we will able to fly there only with scripted jumbo jet as a passenger. Something similar to "fast travel" between cities in SA (Enter the plane - cutscene). OR the worst scenario, it will be available only in mission, but I highly doubt it.

ixiboneheadixi
  • ixiboneheadixi

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

well i would assume its part of the main map, because if you had to fly to it, it would kinda f*ck up GTA online, also a snowplow was confirmed so most likely id would guess north of the map theres a small snowy town

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Technically it could easily still be part of the northern part of the map. Somewhere....like we said...not every single part of the map has been seen yet. Not every part....so

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, my old forum account was Negan. Sorry guys I didnt think youll take it seriously lol.

So you made me believe it was real? :die:

:beerhat:

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

No disrespect to the OP, but I highly doubt that theory, because if it were that way, the photo wouldn't have been shown. 

It will be a permanent location somewhere on the map, and hopefully its as interesting as it sounds. 

Strani
  • Strani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

It would have made sense if it was at least a reference to Canada, given how some Americans like to tease Canadians calling them reserve-Americans or what have you. The 'Northern Yanks' so to speak.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

First objective when someone gets the game - FIND NORTH YANKTON!! :D

• Sky_Light12 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users