PS3 Xbox 360 deaths
32 replies to this topic
VANGALEZ
  • VANGALEZ

Vandolf Hitgalez, Zidane's right hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

If you looked at the news when L.A Noire was released, a lot of people were complaining because their PS3s and 360s died(old models) after playing the game, L.A Noire had a big gaming world similiar to GTAV. What if owners of older versions of the PS360s are going to experience the same problem with GTAV? Is R* aware that this might happen?

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

If you looked at the news when L.A Noire was released, a lot of people were complaining because their PS3s and 360s died(old models) after playing the game, L.A Noire had a big gaming world similiar to GTAV. What if owners of older versions of the PS360s are going to experience the same problem with GTAV? Is R* aware that this might happen?

R* probably tested the game on all models of the PS3 and 360, old and new, to make sure that this game doesn't have the same problem L.A Noire had.

Felix Gibraltar
  • Felix Gibraltar

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I hope GTA V doesn't have the problem that LA Noire had which is that the map was so big that it was pointless to explore it and felt boring to explore it. But I'm sure it won't...

CRAZYGTASAINT
  • CRAZYGTASAINT

The Crazy GTA Saint

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

My friend had this problem: Playing GTA4, L.A. Noire or Max Payne 3 his xbox would red ring

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I'm sure they would of tested the game on old and current gen PS360s before shipping the game.

Seriously, the game has been in the works for years. It's like saying the disc will come blank with no data.

Crazyman2389
  • Crazyman2389

In Los Santos!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I have an older Xbox and that never happened when I played LA Noire. So I'm confident and optimistic that GTA V will work on mine. :) 

VANGALEZ
  • VANGALEZ

Vandolf Hitgalez, Zidane's right hand

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

My fatlady 40GB died, after playing L.A Noire then I bought a Slim 500GB, I don't want this to happen again

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

We shall see. The problem here lies in the fact say your old console dies, your first option is okay I need a new console. But the next gen consoles are just around the corner. So you might say, screw that, I'll just wait to buy a PS4/XB1. Oh no, GTAV isn't announced for these platforms, so what if it doesn't even come out for them? I need to play GTAV. Do I really want to buy a "new" 8 year old console a couple months before it is officially obsolete? If I buy a used system will it simply crash again from this bohemoth of a game?? What are horse shoes? Do they make horse socks? Is anyone listening to me?

Aristotle Storm
  • Aristotle Storm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

That didn't happen for me when I played LA Noir. I still play it from time to time too

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

My fatlady 40GB died, after playing L.A Noire then I bought a Slim 500GB, I don't want this to happen again

Make sure you video yourself inserting the disc into your 360 and later running the game.

Good future reference for R* and Microsoft, just in case they don't believe you ;)

Green Flamenco
  • Green Flamenco

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

I've played a lot of L.A Noire (on my 80gb "fat PS3) and it hasn't died yet

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

I've played a lot of L.A Noire (on my 80gb "fat PS3) and it hasn't died yet

It was only a problem at launch. I think the issue was fixed by R* and Sony, so your PS3 won't die if you play L.A Noire.

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

You made me master of the world where you exist

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

We shall see. The problem here lies in the fact say your old console dies, your first option is okay I need a new console. But the next gen consoles are just around the corner. So you might say, screw that, I'll just wait to buy a PS4/XB1. Oh no, GTAV isn't announced for these platforms, so what if it doesn't even come out for them? I need to play GTAV. Do I really want to buy a "new" 8 year old console a couple months before it is officially obsolete? If I buy a used system will it simply crash again from this bohemoth of a game?? What are horse shoes? Do they make horse socks? Is anyone listening to me?

if peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

sufferblind86
  • sufferblind86

Exploring Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I hope GTA V doesn't have the problem that LA Noire had which is that the map was so big that it was pointless to explore it and felt boring to explore it. But I'm sure it won't...

Nah. LA Noire had nothing to do but look around. Los Santos is going to be our playground.

Bobsmith4321
  • Bobsmith4321

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

It was not really Rockstars fault. They only published the game. TEAM BONDI developed the game so it was there fault that these problems happened. 

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

It will be fine there will be no problem.

Also usually those "My console broke because this game blah blah" is usually just pure coincidence.

• Richard378 likes this

Totts
  • Totts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:29 PM Edited by Totts, 07 September 2013 - 02:29 PM.

My Fat PS3 just died (typical eh). I went and cancelled my PS4 preorder on amazon and bought the super slim ps3 for 150. I figured, eh, GTA V is worth a hella lot more to me than the ps4 atm and probably for the next year, plus I have a large back catalogue of games to complete. For ages I was torn between the PS4 and Xbone, now I feel relieved because I don't have to make that decision anytime soon. I'll just wait until games I like come out/new models come out.

• 6.3 AMG likes this

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

for the ps3 that was a firmware issue that has long since been resolved. 

6.3 AMG
  • 6.3 AMG

V8 Fetishist

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

This would be so insanely sad. I don't think R* would let this happen, but on the other hand, I do see a real chance of this happening.

L.A. Noire is the only game which ever made my fat Xbox struggle big time.

HERDIST
  • HERDIST

Brave New World

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by HERDIST, 07 September 2013 - 02:37 PM.

My fat 60GB PS3 died while playing Max Payne 3. Just bought an Xbox Slim and hope that will never happen again. 

All we had to do was check the damn game R*!

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

My 4 year old XBox plays GTAIV, MP3, RDR, and LA Noire just fine, so I think we'll be fine on our older systems. I made up my mind I'm not getting a next gen system until a new Fallout is announced. If I had to though, I would buy a new 360 just for GTAV if mine were to blow up.

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

lol i don't even care if my ps3 dies from GTA V, GTA V is the only game worthy of destroying my PS3, 

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Corr, what a review! "The new GTA is so great it makes your console die!".

• VANGALEZ likes this

rockstar86
  • rockstar86

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

I have had the older  xbox 360 for 3+ years now. I have played GTA4, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3 and not had a single issue with my xbox.

TheOnlySargent
  • TheOnlySargent

Crack spider's bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Darwinism for video games, only the strong survive.

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

I miss the old days..

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

I dont think so... I have a Fat PS3 80GB and when i first played L.A Noire nothing happened! I just played the game normally

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

I'm sure we'll all be fine. :lol:

The Dark Passenger
  • The Dark Passenger

Bay Harbor Butcher

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Buying a next-gen is pointless. I'm sticking to PS3 until the PS5 comes out 'cos PS4 looks like a waste of time.

7REW7
  • 7REW7

Psycho Psychos

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

I have already started praying that my Fat PS3 does not blow up.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

They'll have tested the game on all models of PS3/360. However, if a console is old and dying then it's gonna get a YLOD/RROD no matter what game you play.

I have the latest PS3 model so it better not break. If it does then it's still under warranty for about another 7-8 months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users