Quantcast

» «
Photo

So who else will be character creation parents?

13 replies to this topic
MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

It is confirmed that Niko, Claude, and Misty (GTA3) will be parents for those who get the collector's edition. So does this confirm that the parents in the character creation will be real GTA 3D/HD characters or will they just be generic "pedestrian looking" characters that we select from with Niko, Claude, and Misty being the only "real" characters?

Has Rockstar talked about this?

Thanks

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Nobody has any input about this?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Considering the wide range of character customisation and the generic-ness of the multiplayer characters in IV and the trailers, I'd wager that the past-character parents are those in the collector's edition only, though I could easily be wrong considering how many characters the were.

I do not believe R* has talked about this.

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Considering the wide range of character customisation and the generic-ness of the multiplayer characters in IV and the trailers, I'd wager that the past-character parents are those in the collector's edition only, though I could easily be wrong considering how many characters the were.

I do not believe R* has talked about this.

So you are saying that the parents that the non-CE owners while have will be generic "made up" characters?

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

I think there will be a lot of past characters to be able to choose from. I think some will be bigger characters, possibly like C.J, and some will be the side characters we've met throughout the games.

niq
  • niq

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

What characters do you all want to see return for the purpose of the new create a character system?

Personally I would like to see The Truth and Little Jacob. I wonder if the new character creation tool is limited to making offspring or can they be distant relatives, like a distant cousin to Tony Prince. 

ian2562
  • ian2562

V!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by ian2562, 07 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.

There will be character customization so you make your own.

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

No, we cannot specifically make our own character facial appearances. They are determined by our character's parents genes. We select from a pool of "parents" (mother and a father) and use the two parents to formulate the appearance of our character. We can then choose which parent we want our character to look like the most.

So I can take Claude Speed as my father and Misty as my mother. I can then put it to where my character takes up 60% of Misty's (mother) look and 40% of Claude's (father) look and then the game would generate the face of my character based off of that. Before we do this we can of course choose our sex of male or female.

We will then choose how we live our daily life such as spending most of the time watching tv or most of the time doing physical activities. This will determine the body size of our characters such as being fat, skinny, muscular etc...

The only thing we can specifically choose on our own is the clothes/hairstyles/tattoos and such.

22ndLegion
  • 22ndLegion

The Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Need 8-Ball and Billy Grey.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by tre288, 07 September 2013 - 04:27 PM.

No, we cannot specifically make our own character facial appearances. They are determined by our character's parents genes. We select from a pool of "parents" (mother and a father) and use the two parents to formulate the appearance of our character. We can then choose which parent we want our character to look like the most.

So I can take Claude Speed as my father and Misty as my mother. I can then put it to where my character takes up 60% of Misty's (mother) look and 40% of Claude's (father) look and then the game would generate the face of my character based off of that. Before we do this we can of course choose our sex of male or female.

We will then choose how we live our daily life such as spending most of the time watching tv or most of the time doing physical activities. This will determine the body size of our characters such as being fat, skinny, muscular etc...

The only thing we can specifically choose on our own is the clothes/hairstyles/tattoos and such.

To be fair absolutely nothing was said about fat/skinny/muscularity on characters, and there is no word on what setting your characters "daily routine" fully effects, and to what extent.

"GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system. Select your character’s appearance by choosing your parent’s heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you'll customize your character's daily activities - everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your character’s appearance and skill set (and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay). As part of the Collector’s Edition package, you'll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system."

I think the daily activity setting will be more applied to skill set than physical appearance to be perfectly honest.

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Catalina and CJ from Grove St.

Morto Matrix
  • Morto Matrix

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'm not sure what you mean......

If you are trying to say that the actual character's parent is one of the characters from previous GTA games, then......no I don't think so.

But if you mean you get to use that character as a starting template, then sure.

But I don't have the CE anyway.

bent_toe
  • bent_toe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

It is confirmed that Niko, Claude, and Misty (GTA3) will be parents for those who get the collector's edition. So does this confirm that the parents in the character creation will be real GTA 3D/HD characters or will they just be generic "pedestrian looking" characters that we select from with Niko, Claude, and Misty being the only "real" characters?

Thanks

Parents? To who? I don't get it.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by tre288, 10 September 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Thanks

Parents? To who? I don't get it.

Available as parent options for your GTAO character's creation process.

I've got the whole damn quote regarding this right in this thread. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users