Photo

Posts per Page, Rating profile

8 replies to this topic
camdan
  • camdan

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Enable 50 posts per page again please and stop rating me 1 / 5 in my profile now all abuse here :@

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:02 AM Edited by Hameer, 07 September 2013 - 08:04 AM.

Better.

Have an option to display how many posts you'd like to see per page like in the previous version. I think this will be brought back as this forum is now in "bug-fixing" progress.

Who cares about profile ratings anyway?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

What you must remember is that the forum has only been up for just over 24 hours and the administrators are still working on it at the moment. The feature will come in due course and will most likely and hopefully be like on the old site where you could choose how many posts you had to one page.

In terms of your profile rating, just ignore it, people will do things like that to abuse the system or simply because they dislike the posts you are making, its not something we can fix :^:

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

You can always just hide all respect-related things via custom CSS:
div.ipsLikeBar, .reputation, .number, span.rating {
display: none !important;
}
This will hide respect+ buttons, respect counters under nicknames and in profiles, as well as 1-5 star ratings in profiles.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Enable 50 posts per page again please and stop rating me 1 / 5 in my profile now all abuse here :@

I'd say return it to 20 posts per page as it used to be. Much less scrolling needed, and it's perfect!

As for those stars in profile, they don't do much damage so i dont mind that, the respect+ on each post is what most dislike though.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I also have no idea why some people want less posts per page. More posts per page = less pages per thread.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Have an option to display how many posts you'd like to see per page like in the previous version. I think this will be brought back as this forum is now in "bug-fixing" progress.

This won't be coming back I'm afraid - Invision disabled it: http://community.inv...ting/?p=2271715

I hope it returns in the next version.

I've set it to 30 for now.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

This won't be coming back I'm afraid - Invision disabled it: http://community.inv...ting/?p=2271715

I hope it returns in the next version.

I've set it to 30 for now.

That is pretty sad to be honest, its one of those features that improve viewing customization for users, I too hope it will return in the next version (yet would the forum update to that new version when its out?)

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 07 September 2013 - 03:17 PM.

That is pretty sad to be honest, its one of those features that improve viewing customization for users, I too hope it will return in the next version (yet would the forum update to that new version when its out?)

I think that updating the forum software to the next, or at least one of the text versions after the current one is not that much of a problem - it is far less tedious than updating from IPB 1.3 to IPB 3.4.5, for instance. So, I think they could update it easily, although an admin would have to confirm if they would do it or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users