» «
Photo

My game is aweful, help please

3 replies to this topic
X-Plasma
  • X-Plasma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:22 AM Edited by X-Plasma, 07 September 2013 - 07:26 AM.

Hi everyone,

Recently I've updated my RAM from 1go to 3go, the first days, GTA IV kept crashing when starting up : randomly after 6 or 7 crashes (sometims more) the game starts normaly but the textures wouldn't appear, anyway. When I upgraded my RAM, the first day the game ran since the first start up and I could play perfectly (apart from some lag). The day after, the problem showed up again, and this time, it's like 8 crashes or so, and if he game doesn't crash, the menu doesn't show, even Windows Live won't show up when pressing "Home"

When the game starts finally after so many tries, it lags awefully for 5 minutes then it's an acceptable lag. I play like a short period of time and the game crashes randomly.

I have absolutly no mods, it's a clean game and I don't know what to do. If possible, I am looking how to fix this problem and prevent the lagging

My specs :

RAM DDR2 3go

Geforce GT 610

Windows 7 32 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4600 2.4GHz

Thanks for taking time in reading.

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

SoonŽ

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Your problem might be the CPU, because GTA IV is a CPU demanding game. But I dunno it could be caused be other factors.

X-Plasma
  • X-Plasma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

Actually the game starts after a dozen of tries, but why would the crash be caused by CPU? Is there any other way to fix this apart from CPU?

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

Actually the game starts after a dozen of tries, but why would the crash be caused by CPU? Is there any other way to fix this apart from CPU?

Reinstall and patch the game to 1.7 and make shore you have netframework 4.5 installd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users