Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else feel weird playing GTA above 30 fps?

1 reply to this topic
DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:36 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 September 2013 - 06:38 AM.

I've usually always played GTAs on console when they hit the shelves and end up playing 80-90% of my time on them, at the usual ~30 fps.

Recently, I decided to play GTA IV again before GTA V came out, so I decided on my PC version instead of my ps3 version for the job because the improved graphics. I've got it running at a steady 60 fps and.... it's weird. I can't get used to it. It doesn't feel "cinematic" per say. It's like watching a movie at 60 fps after being used to 24 fps: even though it shows you more, it feels cheap and low-budget.

I guess GTA games have always had a "cinema" thing to them for me. Anyone else got this feeling when switching between different platforms? Could also be vice-versa for PC-exclusive players: do they feel slower for you at ~30 fps?

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:13 AM Edited by Nights744, 07 September 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Yes, I felt the same back then when I first deactivated my "Frame Limiter" in GTA San Andreas. I told it to a friend and he said it also.

You should know that GTA IV is the first game that works correct without a frame limiter. The handling in GTAIII, GTA VC and GTA SA is altered when the frame limiter is turned off. That is why people write "FL_ON" or "FL_OFF" into their replay titles within the GTAStunting scene.

A heavy bug you should notice in GTA San Andreas is the following:

1. Turn off the frame limiter

2. Try take off with the skimmer starting on the water.

It won't work. Also you are very slow when swimming in San Andreas with the frame limiter turned off.

But I know what you mean. I watched a movie on one of those new high frequency TVs when I was abroad and it looked very unnatural...

• DeafMetal and Loxley like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users