The Point To an Electric Car

Electric Hybrid Car Vehicle
38 replies to this topic
IAMTHEARMAGEDON
  • IAMTHEARMAGEDON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

Theory of why electric cars were added into the game, like the Kemillion(excuse my spelling). So I'm guessing through out the game we're gonna be blown to sh*t after a cop, thug, biker, triad, balla, etc. shoots a trail of gas pouring out of our car...BOOM. Now as annoying that would be the reason we get the *kemillion* online is because after multiple test runs online I'm guessing a trend of "Oh I'll just hit his tank and wow that was easy" began to happen, so they added the electric car and possibly others. The reason being hopefully obvious by now, no gas. No gas, means no trail. No trail, means no f*ck THIS GAME IM SO SICK OF THIS sh*t *throws controller at wall*

So yeah, basically what are your opinions? You gonna be driving electric so no boom happens to your car so easily? Will you dislike it? Type away

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

I hope my Khameleon is boom-proof like you say.

youmadlittleguy?
  • youmadlittleguy?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

in real life an electric car running on a hydrogen cell is much more explosive than gasoline so this wouldnt make much sense

• UltimateVenom likes this

Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

Boom-proof car sounds nice. Good thing I got the Collectors Edition  ;)

MattInman
  • MattInman

KCCO

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

in real life an electric car running on a hydrogen cell is much more explosive than gasoline so this wouldnt make much sense

Andddddddd close thread. We have a winner
  • FarlzBarkley likes this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

Has no one thought that they are maybe just trying to please the 'we want realism' guys?  As in "Electric cars exist now, lets put a few in"  With the new Mercedes and the tesla cars, there are even sports cars.  Maybe there is no real point to them other than that - there are electric cars in life, there are electric cars in the game.

• jamieleng likes this

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Silent but deadly drive-by is my only interest in it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

It doesn't need purpose, just like the dilettante in IV.
It's just a parody of those people who think they are far superior for owning an electric car when in reality it causes more pollution to make them than ordinary combustion engines.
  • DrAnomalous likes this

IAMTHEARMAGEDON
  • IAMTHEARMAGEDON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

The point is that there's no trail to shoot.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

There was electric cars in IV so it's not like it's something new. Cars in IV were all the same in handling/sound except the sports cars. I never even knew there was electric cars in IV until I read it on here. Maybe in V they will be much quieter, better acceleration than gas cars and maybe even provide bigger explosions. 

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

OP you're slightly over-thinking it. We simply live in a world where these cars are now being developed more often and of course this. . .

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

There was electric cars in IV so it's not like it's something new. Cars in IV were all the same in handling/sound except the sports cars. I never even knew there was electric cars in IV until I read it on here. Maybe in V they will be much quieter, better acceleration than gas cars and maybe even provide bigger explosions. 

That was supposed to be a hybrid like the Toyota Prius.

What about electric motorbikes, or even electric powered bicycles?

IAMTHEARMAGEDON
  • IAMTHEARMAGEDON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by IAMTHEARMAGEDON, 07 September 2013 - 07:46 AM.

I think you guys misunderstood me maybe it's my bad, I'm talking about how THEY WILL NOT HAVE GAS TO LEAK SO YOU CAN NOT SHOOT THE GAS TRAIL. Nothing about a less bigger boom but a boom that isn't as easy to cause. Please tell me you guys get it

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yeah, good thing this game has no explosives in it to make the khameleon explode. right? RIGHT!?

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by chitoryu12, 07 September 2013 - 08:18 AM.

Electric cars don't run on a hydrogen fuel cell; there aren't actually any hydrogen-powered cars for commercial sale as of this year. There's only 100 fuel cell-powered buses in the world, in fact.

Actual electric cars like the Tesla Roadster simply have an electric motor powered by rechargeable batteries. Despite concerns about lithium-ion batteries, there's been exactly once incident (in China) of an electrical car suffering a battery fire in a high-speed crash.

And yes, the Karin Dilettante was a hybrid; it still had a fuel tank. The Khamelion, as a fully electric car, has no fuel tank. It's got nothing but batteries to try and detonate, so good luck making it burst into flames without a rocket.

Sneak47
  • Sneak47

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

My 2 cents... if i had 2 cents, would be...

Electric cars are poo.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

That's not an electric car though, that's a Hydrogen fuel cell car. These cars run on things called batteries, now you might not have heard of batteries before so let me provide you with this link which explains what they are: http://en.wikipedia....y_(electricity)

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

We had the "Shoot on fueltank to blow up the car" in San Andreas, too! And this feature was disabled for Online gaming in SAMP!

behe
  • behe

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by behe, 07 September 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Your winning.

But thats not electric.

harbujahn the great
  • harbujahn the great

SOON....YOU WILL ALL BE HUNTED DOWN IN LOS SANTOS !!!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

anyone using the electric car will get blown up by a jetfighter in fact every one is getting blown up by a jetfighter! 

I WILL BEAT RESPECT INTO EVERYBODY!

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

That's not an electric car though, that's a Hydrogen fuel cell car. These cars run on things called batteries, now you might not have heard of batteries before so let me provide you with this link which explains what they are: http://en.wikipedia....y_(electricity)

The Fisker Karma, which the the Khameleon is a parody of, is a hybrid.. just saying. A small gasoline engine (2.0 Liter GM ecotec) in front serves as a generator to keep the batteries charged. Shoot a Fisker Karma in the gas tank = Boom. 

I like the OT though. Driving an electric car will likely have a few advantages.

Also, IRL the risk of an explosion in a car with a hydrogen fuel cell is less than the risk of a conventional gas powered car exploding. The gasoline has more explosive/energy potential (BTU's) per gallon. Also hydrogen dissipates into the air (it's the lightest element) while gas is heavier and remains a liquid for much longer.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Your winning.

But thats not electric.

No, he's not. Any idiot can tell you that electric cars are powered by actual batteries and not hydrogen fuel cells. That's why they are called ELECTRIC and not HYDROGEN POWERED.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Ok no gas trail, i get your point.

But no man enjoys driving an electric car - they emulate engine sounds with speakers and have to charge up every hour or two.. i'd take me some good ol' american muscle anyday to perform a getaway.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

The reason being hopefully obvious by now, no gas. No gas, means no trail. No trail, means no f*ck THIS GAME IM SO SICK OF THIS sh*t *throws controller at wall*

So yeah, basically what are your opinions? You gonna be driving electric so no boom happens to your car so easily? Will you dislike it? Type away

Personally I think gamers these days have become bitches, whiners who complain over the first thing that kills em. Seriously, what happened to high risk high reward. I don't mind the trail at all, makes you run for your life and there's risk but the reward you forget is it can happen to the other player to  :devil:

So suck it up!

haha.JPG

• DrAnomalous likes this

M_Redfield
  • M_Redfield

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Li-Ion batteries in modern electric cars can get extremely hot/catch fire if ruptured or overcharged. Shooting them might not result in an explosion, but it would be a bit of an inferno for a few minutes.

I guess the only real difference would be the lack of engine sounds, just a whine from the electric motor(s) and road/wind noise. Other than the lack of a fuel trail to light, it will pretty much just be like any other car in the game.

k86k
  • k86k

The Fitness Buff

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Cars need fuel, unless they're electric

slumdunder
  • slumdunder

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

I hope they've thought of this! Would be funny if they forgot and have to patch in the fact that electric cars don't leak fuel!!! Hahaha
  • jamieleng likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Ok no gas trail, i get your point.

But no man enjoys driving an electric car - they emulate engine sounds with speakers and have to charge up every hour or two.. i'd take me some good ol' american muscle anyday to perform a getaway.

The fuel tank in an American muscle wouldn't last much longer than a couple of hours either.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by RedDaggerXL, 07 September 2013 - 09:45 AM.

No-one's said anything about how shooting a trail of gas coming out of your car will do nothing? No?

You seem to think it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Oh, and if I'm wrong about that, link plz because I haven't been reading most of what comes out. It'b be nice to know.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

The fuel tank in an American muscle wouldn't last much longer than a couple of hours either.

Yes, but you can simply refill in 10 minutes and drive some more. The electric car has to charge 24hours or something..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users