Photo

The Blue Map

25 replies to this topic
5StarVAgain
  • 5StarVAgain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Does anyone know what form the blue map will take? I'm hoping it will be something of high quality, rather than an extremely large piece of paper folded into the insert of the box. 

I'd like to see something properly laminated that comes in a cardboard tube, but I guess that's unlikely as some shops might struggle for storage space in the backroom.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

It's going to be a folded up insert.

I mean look at the Special Edition boxing. It's about the size as all other regular game boxes.

jv95_
  • jv95_

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Does anyone know what form the blue map will take? I'm hoping it will be something of high quality, rather than an extremely large piece of paper folded into the insert of the box. 

I'd like to see something properly laminated that comes in a cardboard tube, but I guess that's unlikely as some shops might struggle for storage space in the backroom.

Hope the same.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 07 September 2013 - 05:33 AM.

My guess is stores will just distribute them like the pre-order posters.(rolled up and held with a rubber band) Which was subjective to tears and all the likes.

My hope is that they put them in something protective. Some of us would like to keep it nice and neat. ;)

5StarVAgain
  • 5StarVAgain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Oh, so they do actually just roll up posters in an elastic band and hand them out? That seems most likely then. I can't see them folding them up and inserting them. They're going to be absolutely huge aren't they?

I also want it to be of high quality, instead of just a cheap poster. I plan on sticking mine to my living door so that I can stand up and look at it to do some planning. If I could draw on it with a marker and wipe it clean - even better, but I guess that's very unlikely.

RisingLegend
  • RisingLegend

Your Neighborhood Wigger

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Shortly after recieving it you should store it in a safe place. . .like a paper shredder.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

My pre-order poster was in a plain white tube, rolled up. I'm guessing it will be the same for the blueprint map.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 07 September 2013 - 05:46 AM.

My pre-order poster was in a plain white tube, rolled up. I'm guessing it will be the same for the blueprint map.

Damn, really? Mine came as I mentioned above. Rolled up with just a rubber band holding it. It had slight tears in it and bends on the edges.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Damn, really? Mine came as I mentioned above. Rolled up with just a rubber band holding it. It had slight tears in it and bends on the edges.

Oh sh*t. I assumed yours came in the white tube too the way you described it.

It was just a real plain and simple white cardboard tube with rubber stops on each end. Poster was rolled up inside. Actually now that I think of it - my wife got it for me (preordered) as a Christmas present so maybe it's possible she bought the tube herself to store it in... I dunno... but there was no rubber bands around the poster either.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

The blue print map for the SE will either be rolled up and held in place with an elastic band or in a cardboard tube. I seriously doubt they'd fold it up and stick it in the steelbook case along with the paper map/booklet.

For the CE it will be inside the box along with the other physical items and game case

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Oh sh*t. I assumed yours came in the white tube too the way you described it.

It was just a real plain and simple white cardboard tube with rubber stops on each end. Poster was rolled up inside. Actually now that I think of it - my wife got it for me (preordered) as a Christmas present so maybe it's possible she bought the tube herself to store it in... I dunno... but there was no rubber bands around the poster either.

Nope, just the ol' rubber band. Was funny the employee at the store came out the back with it all nice and flat then rolled it up and slipped a band on it right infront of me. I should of said noooo don't do that but it was too late haha.

5StarVAgain
  • 5StarVAgain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

The blue print map for the SE will either be rolled up and held in place with an elastic band or in a cardboard tube. I seriously doubt they'd fold it up and stick it in the steelbook case along with the paper map/booklet.

For the CE it will be inside the box along with the other physical items and game case

That would make the box HUUUUUGE!!

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

I would be pissed if it ends up just being a cheap, folded up insert. That map is literally the reason why I went SE instead of just Original Recipe. I basically spent an extra $20 just for the map, because I thought it looked so cool (and useful, with the floor blueprint look).

I'm expecting it to be rolled up with an elastic though, as speculated here. I can't imagine they'd try to wedge something like that in the game box

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

it will be rolled up like a sweaty wad of hundred dolla bills

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:38 AM Edited by Chukkles, 07 September 2013 - 06:38 AM.

When you walk into the shop they'll most likely put the game disc, booklet, DLC codes and maps into the box.

Most likely folded, also makes more sense for postal orders, only one package as opposed to two.

sebasbmxer
  • sebasbmxer

good guy

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

im ok with it if its nicely folded

Felix Gibraltar
  • Felix Gibraltar

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by Felix Gibraltar, 07 September 2013 - 06:49 AM.

It will be rolled up with enough girth to slowly be able to slide into your ass :)
  • b1baller likes this

5StarVAgain
  • 5StarVAgain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

It will be rolled up with enough girth to slowly be able to slide into your ass :)

:D

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

roll it up baby

b1baller
  • b1baller

It's Just a Fourm.. Its Not That Serious

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Felix Gibraltar, on 07 Sept 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

LOL

FranklinsMasterSword
  • FranklinsMasterSword

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'm hoping that it'll be in a tube and laminated but if not ill probably find a way to get rid of the folds, then it's going in a frame anyway so it'll be safe

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:59 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 07 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

I hope it will be untearable paper, and not folded into the box but rolled up into a cylinder box. 

It should be like a real blueprint, like a real plan. I don't know how they are IRL.

ekhunter
  • ekhunter

Love Fist

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

the pre order free poster, is up on rockstars website for $15.00, good thing i GOT 5 OF THEM!

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

My guess is folded but I think it may be made of some stronger/glossy paper.

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

Just throwing in what I think....but I think the special and collectors edition boxes are pre packed with everything... So I don't think they will be handing them out the blue print has close to or the same dimensions are the pre order posted btw I framed mine with all this being said I don't think all the game retailers I.e. Walmart,bestbuy,GameStop,game...amazon ect ect have time to hand out a million extra posters or maps

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hopefully like skyrims special one i say that becUse i brought two same copys for me and my girlfriend, and one was just paper but the other was like egpt paper i hope they use the egpt like paper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users