Quantcast

» «
Photo

Differences between regular GTA fans and Rockstar fanboys?

7 replies to this topic
DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

The word fanboy is used a lot, there are extremists Rockstar fans and there are regular GTA fans. What do you think are the characteristics of a Rockstar fanboy compared to a regular GTA fan? This is an opinionated thread, so no right or wrong answers.

IMO the characteristic of a Rockstar fanboy is someone who:

1. Discredits and has hatred and deep resentment for any other open world/sandbox game not named GTA.

2. Brags about how many copies GTA sold even though he doesn't get any of the revenue

3. Never criticizes Rockstar, believes Rockstar never makes mistakes, and every idea Rockstar has is a good idea.

4. Criticizes any suggestions and wishlists of fans who demand features that hasn't been confirmed by Rockstar.

5. Claims that specific gaming features and content that the fans demanded for are "stupid", "pointless", unneeded", but then praises Rockstar for being "geniuses" once Rockstar confirms and announces that those same exact features will be in the game.

IMO the characteristics of a regular GTA fan

1. Open minded about other sandbox games, and even if he doesn't buy them he doesn't resent their existence.

2. Doesn't care about how many copies GTA sold, only cares about how good the game was

3. Criticizes Rockstar if they make a mistake, and realizes that Rockstar is capable of having bad ideas

4. Doesn't wait till fan wish list features are confirmed by Rockstar to admit they are great ideals.

• BettyBlueGT likes this

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

The word fanboy is used a lot, there are extremists Rockstar fans and there are regular GTA fans. What do you think are the characteristics of a Rockstar fanboy compared to a regular GTA fan? This is an opinionated thread, so no right or wrong answers.

The characteristics between...

Brother. Who the hell cares?!

• skills likes this

RealisticSteak
  • RealisticSteak

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

When Red Dead Whatever overshadows Midnight Club's existence.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

You got it spot on there, dude. You lose one die!

Oh wait, we're not playing liars dice. Carry on.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Out of Commission

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:35 AM Edited by mr6plow9, 11 September 2013 - 02:43 AM.

edit:moved

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

gta fans just like gta and rockstar fans like all games from rockstar, i think rockstar getting lazy/mainstream since 2004 but other people think all rockstar games are holy. Biggest fail gta4 and max payne 3.If you mean diehard rockstar fans hate other sandbox games then thats not true. Im no diehard rockstar fan and even i think saints row sucks.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 18 September 2013 - 09:27 PM.

Sometimes R*/GTA fanboys piss me off. I can consider myself as a regular GTA fan. Yeah I like GTA and R*, I appreciate their work, R* is a revolutionary company because GTA is a revolutionary game as it's one of the first few games to feature open world, by any real means. I'm hanging out in another GTA forum and it's full of GTA fanboys that are like "GTA is flawless, R* is divine. So f*ck off!" and in a GTA V topic, I've written the faulty parts of GTA V and they became furious monkeys on my back, totally wanted to whack me. I didn't play GTA V, I only watched its gameplay videos and some storylinic videos and as far as I see my mark on GTA V 8.5/10 and I indicated that I will make my exact judgement after playing the game and even these guys totally go hard on me and another dude that critized GTA V on his previews (he didn't play the game too and said he will make his exact opinion after playing the game). Dude, I don't need five full mark to a GTA game, although I'm a GTA fan and 8.5/10 isn't a bad mark according to the previews for a guy who didn't play the game. Please open your f*cking eyes and try to look at GTA V objectively, yeah it's an awesome game but it has certain flaws (and most of them can be done by patches but I don't think all of them). So this was my story with some dumbass GTA / R* fanboys and I think this was the hardest time I had this kind of fanboys with ever.

• tikhung01 likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

Mafia 2 is a good game there ya go that's an action adventure
crime game like gta. and i like it! so by your logic im not a
rockstar fanboy!? WHAT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users