The word fanboy is used a lot, there are extremists Rockstar fans and there are regular GTA fans. What do you think are the characteristics of a Rockstar fanboy compared to a regular GTA fan? This is an opinionated thread, so no right or wrong answers.
IMO the characteristic of a Rockstar fanboy is someone who:
1. Discredits and has hatred and deep resentment for any other open world/sandbox game not named GTA.
2. Brags about how many copies GTA sold even though he doesn't get any of the revenue
3. Never criticizes Rockstar, believes Rockstar never makes mistakes, and every idea Rockstar has is a good idea.
4. Criticizes any suggestions and wishlists of fans who demand features that hasn't been confirmed by Rockstar.
5. Claims that specific gaming features and content that the fans demanded for are "stupid", "pointless", unneeded", but then praises Rockstar for being "geniuses" once Rockstar confirms and announces that those same exact features will be in the game.
IMO the characteristics of a regular GTA fan
1. Open minded about other sandbox games, and even if he doesn't buy them he doesn't resent their existence.
2. Doesn't care about how many copies GTA sold, only cares about how good the game was
3. Criticizes Rockstar if they make a mistake, and realizes that Rockstar is capable of having bad ideas
4. Doesn't wait till fan wish list features are confirmed by Rockstar to admit they are great ideals.