sanny builder

13 replies to this topic
gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

Just a question. Why does sanny builder have an LCS section? Is it for people that illegaly get it and mod it that way or what? I always wondered about that... :/

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I don't exactly understand what you mean. As in, how do people get the files onto the PC? This is most probably by illegally ripping the UMD, other than that I am not sure :/

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't exactly understand what you mean. As in, how do people get the files onto the PC? This is most probably by illegally ripping the UMD, other than that I am not sure :/

I'm curious about why Sanny Builder has an option for LCS. It really does. I am wondering if it's for people that get the game files off the internet or something. But R* did kinda make it hard to play that game modded... Still, if we got the main.scm for LCS (if there is one, not really sure :miranda: ), would modding it with Sanny Builder be possible? I mean, it does have an LCS option. When you click the game name in the bottom right it shows as one of the options.

HeliPilot
  • HeliPilot

GTAIII Mobile Mods

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

First, ripping a UMD that you own is not illegal, distributing it IS illegal.

And, yes you can mod LCS with sanny builder, but it is buggy as heck.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I meant 'illegal' as if they did not own it. (Because obtaining any game you do not own is illegal). I own it, but I really don't wanna mod it at all, I was just curious. Can you make your own missions like in the others? I would imagine so but maybe not.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I meant 'illegal' as if they did not own it. (Because obtaining any game you do not own is illegal). I own it, but I really don't wanna mod it at all, I was just curious. Can you make your own missions like in the others? I would imagine so but maybe not.

Well, isn't that what Sanny Builder does anyway? I would definitely assume it would but I can't confirm unfortunately

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 07 September 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Not sure. LCS IS moddable but I don't think it is possible to rewrite missions.

It's easy to obtain files with UMD Dumper. It copies the game data from UMD onto your Memory Card. It is not illegal unless you put it up on internet or sell the copied files to someone.

Anyway, It actually helped me a lot. I found out that the mysterious car in "Crazy '69" mission cutscene is just a model made especially for the cutscene. Now, I'm trying to find out how to make Blue Hell solid (like in Bringing The House Down) so I can spawn the old subway and make floors and walls solid.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's easy to obtain files with UMD Dumper. It copies the game data from UMD onto your Memory Card. It is not illegal unless you put it up on internet or sell the copied files to someone.

Anyway, It actually helped me a lot. I found out that the mysterious car in "Crazy '69" mission cutscene is just a model made especially for the cutscene. Now, I'm trying to find out how to make Blue Hell solid (like in Bringing The House Down) so I can spawn the old subway and make floors and walls solid.

Blue hell solid!!!?!? Awesome! You should open the tunnel (the tunnel inside the tunnel on SSV) and make it lead to ghost town. Since ghost town is not in the game (it's VC modified, not III modified), you will have to add it. Convert from GTA III :D I think that would be great! Maybe even add your own custom textures to blue hell.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Blue hell solid!!!?!? Awesome! You should open the tunnel (the tunnel inside the tunnel on SSV) and make it lead to ghost town. Since ghost town is not in the game (it's VC modified, not III modified), you will have to add it. Convert from GTA III :D I think that would be great! Maybe even add your own custom textures to blue hell.

It is solid only during Bringing The House Down. I discovered it when I Cheat Deviced through the subway wall. I could walk on top of blue hell without falling. This could also explain why the game spawns you over blue hell when you reach the end of the Porter Tunnel. The game thinks there is solid terrain that you can spawn on --but there really is not-- and you are falling/spawning in an infinite loop.

As for the Closed Tunnel/Ghost Town in Cedar Grove, I don't think it's possible to edit the map and add it, but with Cheat Device you can somehow recreate it. Not exact copy though but still something.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

It is solid only during Bringing The House Down. I discovered it when I Cheat Deviced through the subway wall. I could walk on top of blue hell without falling. This could also explain why the game spawns you over blue hell when you reach the end of the Porter Tunnel. The game thinks there is solid terrain that you can spawn on --but there really is not-- and you are falling/spawning in an infinite loop.

As for the Closed Tunnel/Ghost Town in Cedar Grove, I don't think it's possible to edit the map and add it, but with Cheat Device you can somehow recreate it. Not exact copy though but still something.

I think one could add it, but I really don't know about this stuff lol. One could surely open that tunnel up, but you would have to add stuff (stuff in-game already) so you don't fall into blue hell. You can add the textures of ghost town to blue hell, I guess. :D Since you're making it solid... I love the cheat device, though. You on the PSP or using a PS2 cheat device? I'm using the PSP one.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I think one could add it, but I really don't know about this stuff lol. One could surely open that tunnel up, but you would have to add stuff (stuff in-game already) so you don't fall into blue hell. You can add the textures of ghost town to blue hell, I guess. :D Since you're making it solid... I love the cheat device, though. You on the PSP or using a PS2 cheat device? I'm using the PSP one.

I'm on PSP. Didn't play for a while though. My UMD keeps getting errors at reading so I don't want to use the UMD. My Mem Card is low on memory so I can't make an UMD Dump. :/

All I know about this is that you can't add new textures or edit the map to make Ghost Town solid or the game will crash. Even attempting to spawn some models will crash the game.

Removing the barrier (In Cedar Grove Tunnel) would require map editing --since it is part of the map-- and this will most likely crash the game. You can edit map textures though. Snow Mod for LCS is one example.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm on PSP. Didn't play for a while though. My UMD keeps getting errors at reading so I don't want to use the UMD. My Mem Card is low on memory so I can't make an UMD Dump. :/

All I know about this is that you can't add new textures or edit the map to make Ghost Town solid or the game will crash. Even attempting to spawn some models will crash the game.

Removing the barrier (In Cedar Grove Tunnel) would require map editing --since it is part of the map-- and this will most likely crash the game. You can edit map textures though. Snow Mod for LCS is one example.

Well, edit some textures to make ghost town I guess.... :|  As for the mem stick prob, get another one :D

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well, edit some textures to make ghost town I guess.... :|  As for the mem stick prob, get another one :D

I'm not a good modder so I can't really do this :/ And I can't get a new Mem Stick because I spend my money on GTA V (Right now it's preorder but I have money saved for it) :p

• gta3masta5000 likes this

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm not a good modder so I can't really do this :/ And I can't get a new Mem Stick because I spend my money on GTA V (Right now it's preorder but I have money saved for it) :p

lol oh well. I guess i'll go mess with the LCS debug menu...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users