132 replies to this topic
SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

I find it hard to believe any of you will return to IV after you've purchased V

once in a year, maybe...but to actually replay that tired ass storyline while we have this new enormous game just sounds depressing.
But to each his own

You sure about that bud?

Aristotle Storm
  • Aristotle Storm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't think I could go back to IV and enjoy it as much as I did before. Hell, i tried playing San Andreas yesterday and couldn't get back into it

see i can get back into SA, ive always been able to. ive beat it ^ times and 100% 3 of those. but stll can pick it up today and be content

I can do the same too! I can also play Vice City

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

I hope they will bring IV's map over to GTA Online one day, GTA IV's map with GTA V mechanics, now that is awesome.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:17 PM Edited by evoluon--720, 07 September 2013 - 02:18 PM.

once in a year, maybe...but to actually replay that tired ass storyline while we have this new enormous game just sounds depressing.
But to each his own

You sure about that bud?

im aware there are people out there that still enjoy IV.

Its the only thing ive playing for the past few years

but its like being stuck in a small town. there is really NOTHING left to do in that game

just my opinion though. people going back to that game doesnt effect me at all lol

and I truly believe V will be THAT GOOD

so good you'll hate looking at Liberty City

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

But to each his own

You sure about that bud?

but its like being stuck in a small town. there is really NOTHING left to do in that game

just my opinion though. people going back to that game doesnt effect me at all lol

Like I said before people still play GTA III even though it's quite bare bones to other titles.

I know that technically GTA V will be better due to its advancements mechanically and content wise, but that doesn't mean GTA IV should be thrown away like a dirty rag (unless you simply don't like it).

Each GTA has its own charm and I think that's the reason they keep getting played for years on end no matter how much better the latest one is.
  • Flashify likes this

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

But to each his own

You sure about that bud?

Like I said before people still play GTA III even though it's quite bare bones to other titles.

I know that technically GTA V will be better due to its advancements mechanically and content wise, but that doesn't mean GTA IV should be thrown away like a dirty rag (unless you simply don't like it).

Each GTA has its own charm and I think that's the reason they keep getting played for years on end no matter how much better the latest one is.

I've seen so many dislike IV for the reasons such as lack of activities and things to do. In my opinion, though, IV is my favourite GTA. I mean you can't ignore the graphical improvements not to mention all the driving and shooting improvements, too.

I will definitely be playing it still, not as much, but it'll stay with me.

respek_small.jpg

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

But to each his own

You sure about that bud?

I feel you. 

I will return to it eventually. I bought SA for the first time in 5+ years

so im sure ill get back to LC in the future

I just find it weird people are saying they'll still play IV as they play V. I find it hard to believe

but again. To Each His Own

darkbart
  • darkbart

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'm still going to play IV after I get V. I probably wont play it until I've completed V but yes I will definetly go back.

There's loads of stuff I loved about IV and still do. It's a great game and a credit to R*

XxSkarllexiusxX
  • XxSkarllexiusxX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

This came across my mind earlier today and I thought it would a cool idea!

Let me say, I loved GTA IV and can't wait for V! But I feel like IV means something special because without it- we wouldn't have V.

I actually DO want to play GTA IV while I have V so I've decided "why not play IV's story and V's story at the same time so I have a reason to visit LC agian!" I JUST DON'T WANT TO LEAVE IV IN THE DUST :(

Also I can compare missions, gameplay and graphical details as well, it would be the best of both worlds!

I wonder which game would start out with the most hype?...

So, is anybody else doing the same? Will return to GTA IV even though you have V?

Relax no one is saying you have to leave it in the dust. I still play GTA III. I play every GTA regarless of how old the game is. I'm going to play GTA IV even when I have GTA V :)   Of course forst I'm going to play GTA V for endless hours and probably forget about my social life but after I cool down I will definitively play the rest of the GTA's. I have play GTA IV like 4 times already.

Totts
  • Totts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by Totts, 07 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

What the f*ck do you guys hate so much about GTA IV? No, I need concrete answers. Not some fanboy sh*t talking about what GTA IV didn't have. Those are not reasons to hate a game? Please tell me some reasons, like bad AI or something. Don't compare GTA IV to GTA SA or Vice. And for those of you saying GTA IV was overhyped and didn't deserve the 10/10s, have you ever thought why t got the score it did? That the reviews weren't biased? That they focused on the aspects the gamed had? Not what it lacked? Jesus Christ, GTA IV is possibly one of the best games ever made for this generation, and even on a GTA forum, most people hate it. What the f*ck. Show some respect. Oh it a had bleak story, it was depressing. Grow the f*ck up. Welcome to the real world. GTA IV is one of those rare games that makes a resonating statement. It showcases the struggles of the immigrant, the racism, the underworld. I feel bad for Rockstar. They aren't even able to satisfy the supposed loyal fans of the GTA series. Bloody disgusting the way people on this forum condescendingly view GTA IV.

Honestly I think you're being a bit too dramatic and I'm one of the biggest GTA IV fans on here.

Personally I just accept that most people simply don't like it and you know what? That's fine with me as it doesn't make me any less of a GTA IV fan.

I'm not saying you're any less of a GTA fan. Personally, my favorite is Vice City. It was the first GTA I ever played, so it does get brownie points for that. I even bought it for my iPhone for the 10 year anniversary. What bothers me is that people in these forums refuse to point out any concrete reasons for their disgust over GTA IV without having to compare it with SA. I don' care what games people favor the most, but I'm sick of seeing these sames posts day in and day out about how they are all going to forget about GTA IV once V comes out. Because we know this vicious cycle is only going to repeat itself when (hopefully it does) VI comes out. And this is a GTA forum where the games are supposed to be praised, lauded, and criticized. NOT trashed.

GTA Vice City was your first, so I'm guessing you're young and therefore I forgive you for being such a damned child in your post. People are allowed to be dissatisfied with GTA IV, merely because they were treated with such a giant game of San Andreas and then to have a tremendous amount of incredibly fun features stripped away. Thats not to say they dislike IV, it's just they're sad it wasn't the follow up they wanted it to be. For me, San Andreas is my favourite GTA game because of the story, the features and the setting. However I do find it difficult to go back to it because of what R* achieved with GTA IV's game engine. 

It's called and opinion. Who cares if people were disappointed with GTA IV, it shouldn't affect how you feel about it.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by Proletariat, 07 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

What the f*ck do you guys hate so much about GTA IV? No, I need concrete answers. Not some fanboy sh*t talking about what GTA IV didn't have. Those are not reasons to hate a game? Please tell me some reasons, like bad AI or something. Don't compare GTA IV to GTA SA or Vice. And for those of you saying GTA IV was overhyped and didn't deserve the 10/10s, have you ever thought why t got the score it did? That the reviews weren't biased? That they focused on the aspects the gamed had? Not what it lacked? Jesus Christ, GTA IV is possibly one of the best games ever made for this generation, and even on a GTA forum, most people hate it. What the f*ck. Show some respect. Oh it a had bleak story, it was depressing. Grow the f*ck up. Welcome to the real world. GTA IV is one of those rare games that makes a resonating statement. It showcases the struggles of the immigrant, the racism, the underworld. I feel bad for Rockstar. They aren't even able to satisfy the supposed loyal fans of the GTA series. Bloody disgusting the way people on this forum condescendingly view GTA IV.

Honestly I think you're being a bit too dramatic and I'm one of the biggest GTA IV fans on here.

Personally I just accept that most people simply don't like it and you know what? That's fine with me as it doesn't make me any less of a GTA IV fan.

I'm not saying you're any less of a GTA fan. Personally, my favorite is Vice City. It was the first GTA I ever played, so it does get brownie points for that. I even bought it for my iPhone for the 10 year anniversary. What bothers me is that people in these forums refuse to point out any concrete reasons for their disgust over GTA IV without having to compare it with SA. I don' care what games people favor the most, but I'm sick of seeing these sames posts day in and day out about how they are all going to forget about GTA IV once V comes out. Because we know this vicious cycle is only going to repeat itself when (hopefully it does) VI comes out. And this is a GTA forum where the games are supposed to be praised, lauded, and criticized. NOT trashed.

GTA Vice City was your first, so I'm guessing you're young and therefore I forgive you for being such a damned child in your post. People are allowed to be dissatisfied with GTA IV, merely because they were treated with such a giant game of San Andreas and then to have a tremendous amount of incredibly fun features stripped away. Thats not to say they dislike IV, it's just they're sad it wasn't the follow up they wanted it to be. For me, San Andreas is my favourite GTA game because of the story, the features and the setting. However I do find it difficult to go back to it because of what R* achieved with GTA IV's game engine. 

It's called and opinion. Who cares if people were disappointed with GTA IV, it shouldn't affect how you feel about it.

How can you conclude I'm young just on the premise of my liking of Vice City and it being my first GTA game? TBH, I was never too involved in GTA until a few years ago before GTA IV came out.

Anyways, I guess you didn't undersand my post. You have to like GTA IV for it is and for it offers, not what it doesn't have. Ok, so SA had a lot of customization abilities. It had 3 cities. That's what makes it unique. That's what makes it a great game. But that doesn't necessarily make it better than GTA IV. There is simply no comparison between GTA IV and SA. None whatsoever. End of story. Plus, I already stated in my previous post(s) that I don't care what game people like the most. I just feel that their fanboyishness (if that's a word lol!) shouldn't translate into hate for another game made by the same company goddamit. 

Sadhu
  • Sadhu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by Sadhu, 07 September 2013 - 07:43 PM.

I actually got the interest up for San Andreas once again, you know, just to ease the itch in my fingers while waiting for V. And I enjoy it very much, frankly way more than I ever did with IV. And I see no reason to ever play IV again I'm afraid. San Andreas is a way better game than IV in every conceivable way, the best in the series so far.

But I'm sure V will be everything San Andreas is not, but especially everything IV isn't, which is basically everything.

Good-bye Liberty City

/wave 

EDIT: I see you ask for concrete reasons why to hate IV. But don't take my post as a hate-post, I enjoyed GTA IV on the release date and a few weeks after but like every other GTA games from 1 to San Andreas kept me playing it for much longer than IV did.

I tried to analyze what's wrong with GTA IV but it was hard, until now. Like I mentioned earlier I started playing San Andreas again, and it has so many things to do. And the money you earn is actually for something. I don't recall being able to use your money in GTA IV for anything other than taking your undercover girlfriend out on a date or buying some cheap clothes. There's a lot of ways to spend your time and money in San Andreas.

To compare older games with IV technically is just plain unfair. There's a 4 year gap inbetween and during those 4 years huge things happened to the game-technology.

My conclusion why IV was a bad game is simply because it lacked so much to do.

Cecil475
  • Cecil475

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

With the exception of the first GTA, and maybe GTA Advance, I still play and replay all the other GTA games I own. I still play GTA2,3,4,VC,SA,LCS,VCS,EFLC. I don't see the release of GTA V making me not play any of the older games again. I would still play them and GTA V even after later installments. I need my PSP either fixed or replaced before moving on to Chinatown Wars. I love almost all my GTA games unconditionally.

- W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users