Photo

Liberty City...it's NOT over!

132 replies to this topic
one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:08 AM Edited by one55, 07 September 2013 - 07:09 AM.

I'm replaying IV but only really so I get familiar with how it looks and plays (been a while since I played it) so that when I play V I'll notice all the differences straight away. How graphics/performance have improved or things like how guns/vehicles handle or maybe how more life like peds act. Just little things like that.

I've played IV for hundreds of hours over the last 5 years and to be honest...I'm just tired of it. It's time to move on to bigger and better things. 

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

GTA IV isn't really fun to play again ( I mean its storyline, not joyrides! ) but I can play San Andreas again and again infinitive! :lol:

Hotrodx199
  • Hotrodx199

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

I don't think I could go back to IV and enjoy it as much as I did before. Hell, i tried playing San Andreas yesterday and couldn't get back into it

Perhaps you need to download SA-MP, that's one of the reasons why GTA:SA continues to have an almost 10 year life span.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, I will but just to create chaos and to see all the building and places I have seen in real life haha. I'm from Amsterdam and have been to New York 3 times, it's expensive but worth it. Next stop for me is a vacation that include multiple cities, like Las Vegas (Area 51), Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, New York and some more. Will be fun! :D

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

I can only enjoy GTA Iv with funny mods like caramgeddon or hulk...

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:23 AM Edited by Nights744, 07 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

I also been a GTA Fanboy since '97 myself. But the character system in 5 and 1 are nothing  alike. at all. Not even close. The characters in 1 didnt even have a purpose, because essentially it was the same no matter who you chose. It was choose to give the user a choice.

That wasn't my intention. I just wanted to point out that they now reconstruct ideas that they had already in the old titles. Their last attempt to bring in multiple protagonists was in San Andreas by all accounts. It was skipped eventually. In a lot of magazines they say "it's going to be the first title where the player can choose from different characters". It's because they have never played the first title!

I can predict if a new Grand Theft Auto will ever feature a female character, magazines and the press will also tell the novices: "The first title to feature a female protagonist". And again, it was already there....in the first GTA. The idea of having LC, VC and SA in one game like in GTA:SOL was already there in the first GTA. Even though I read it in a lot of blogs and online magazines that Rockstar is having that idea for the first time, when they told it in an interview. It's all nothing new.

Every GTA is just going more and more near the point of finishing a Grand Theft Auto like the first one with San Andreas, Liberty City and Vice City, all in HD with online multiplayer (wasn't there a multiplayer in GTA1 and 2? http://gta.wikia.com/Multiplayer) and additional features. They are just rebuilding it all.

harbujahn the great
  • harbujahn the great

SOON....YOU WILL ALL BE HUNTED DOWN IN LOS SANTOS !!!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

once IV leaves my ps3 it won't be going back in V will take its place for a long time

MrGuitarrica
  • MrGuitarrica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

If I return to GTA IV, we're talking months at least. Maybe longer. V is going to be THE definitive title of the series. I already feel it. It's hard to settle for a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich when you're being given an entire Smorgasboard.

Epic comment dude! :cookie: :cookie: Smörgåsboard :D

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I've beaten GTA IV many times and am currently doing a final playthrough before V. I started with the the Episodes first to save Niko's story until last since it's the best. Just unlocked the second island so I think I'm on track to complete it by the 16. Great game I'll always keep it but it'll be a long time before I play it again.

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by Alenko, 07 September 2013 - 09:15 AM.

If I play anymore Liberty City I will start to feel sick. Yeah, it's at that point now. Who would even touch IV when V's going to be around?

Blood_Money
  • Blood_Money

Cártel de Los Santos

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I recently went back and re played EFLC, after V' I can't see myself going back.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

4295_kick_post.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

So this is the American Dream?

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

If I play anymore Liberty City I will start to feel sick. Yeah, it's at that point now. Who would even touch IV when V's going to be around?

Hardcore GTA IV fans like me for one.

Neonic9
  • Neonic9

Linki

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

We went to Liberty City in GTASA.

Who is to say we won't go to Liberty City in GTAIV? In fact, judging from some achievement/trophies... :ph34r:

Jordiath.
  • Jordiath.

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'll most likely visit GTA IV at some point in the future again. Just like going back to GTA III and VC after all the years.

• Jordiath likes this

hachiroku
  • hachiroku

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

GTA V= Los Santos + Blaine County and Liberty City + North Yankton

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:01 AM Edited by Flashify, 07 September 2013 - 10:04 AM.

It's going to be quite upsetting to leave IV for me. I've been a heavy player since it came out and there's been so many memories created in the game, especially in Multiplayer. 

I definitely will go back to IV at some point to bring all those memories back, but it won't feel the same when being so used to V.

That's life though, you move on from everything eventually. GTA IV you will be missed and have been a great part of my life.

Excellent game.  :cry:

At Miamivicecity, make that 2.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:02 AM Edited by Chukkles, 07 September 2013 - 10:04 AM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

LUIGI1798
  • LUIGI1798

Godfather of The Grove

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

im hoping V will make me stop playing San Andreas. Love GTA IV on PC and play it everyday, i'll be lying if i said i wont go back to it. As long as the mod community stays strong until GTA V comes to PC i will still be playing IV

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'm playing SA at the moment for nostalgia, and loving it. But when GTAV comes out I don't think I'll be looking back for some time...especially with GTA online. :)

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

I play IV and VCS waiting for five , I think I'll  finish story of those two for the V premiere, it's probably my 3rd or 4th time with those games, still not much because i beat VC about 11 times.

all GTAs are is amazing (except maybe LCS- for me it was mediocre).

Doug The Panda
  • Doug The Panda

Need a Job

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Go outside for a while, kid.

This

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

I still love that gritty, concrete jungle, New York City feel of Liberty City in GTA IV, so yeah I can see myself playing it again sometime at a later stage. 

But that will not be happening for a very long time, because.....

I'm gonna complete the storyline of GTA V 3 times for all the 3 characters, do all the side missions and activities that interest me, explore the whole map, and do a huge amount of free roaming. And I might check out the online because it looks good (and I'm not really into multiplayer). 

realizment
  • realizment

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yea I get what your saying.

I also been a GTA Fanboy since '97 myself. But the character system in 5 and 1 are nothing  alike. at all. Not even close. The characters in 1 didnt even have a purpose, because essentially it was the same no matter who you chose. It was choose to give the user a choice.

That wasn't my intention. I just wanted to point out that they now reconstruct ideas that they had already in the old titles. Their last attempt to bring in multiple protagonists was in San Andreas by all accounts. It was skipped eventually. In a lot of magazines they say "it's going to be the first title where the player can choose from different characters". It's because they have never played the first title!

I can predict if a new Grand Theft Auto will ever feature a female character, magazines and the press will also tell the novices: "The first title to feature a female protagonist". And again, it was already there....in the first GTA. The idea of having LC, VC and SA in one game like in GTA:SOL was already there in the first GTA. Even though I read it in a lot of blogs and online magazines that Rockstar is having that idea for the first time, when they told it in an interview. It's all nothing new.

Every GTA is just going more and more near the point of finishing a Grand Theft Auto like the first one with San Andreas, Liberty City and Vice City, all in HD with online multiplayer (wasn't there a multiplayer in GTA1 and 2? http://gta.wikia.com/Multiplayer) and additional features. They are just rebuilding it all.

iTruth
  • iTruth

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I can honestly say I will never play IV again.

TrapWizardBitch
  • TrapWizardBitch

BITCH I MIGHT BE

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

YRDDs28.gif

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'm replaying it right now, I probably won't touch it for many months after though.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'll never play IV again. V looks too awesome. IV will feel too empty.

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

As long as it's not flooded, it's not over.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

I will probably be playing them both at the same time also as I have not yet really played IV . Waitin for my PS3 on the 17 its killin me . Im goin to have IV , V , TLAD and TBOGT to play . Its gonna be hard to play just one of them . Especially GTA V could take weeks or months to complete I don't think I can wait that long to play the other games . Though Im sure V will be my main focus .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users