Liberty City...it's NOT over!

132 replies to this topic
Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

I definitely will. I've been playing a lot of GTA IV lately as it's the only game that holds my interest in the lead up to GTA V.

People still play GTA III even though SA has more features and whatnot. GTA IV is one of my all time favourite games.

Not a chance in hell I'll discard it because of the latest one.
  • tinman187, henriquedematos and Jeremiah239 like this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I played through all 3D era games and IV / Episodes (Or at their story modes) in the beginning of this year and am currently trying to achieve 100% completion on III and Vice City for the Android. I still play San Andreas occasionally, and lately became kinda addicted to IV street races.

If V can break my addiction to previous GTA's then I will sure be surprised  :p

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

IV was a good story based game but coming after SA it wasn't was expected. V is what we thought we were getting in 08.

slumdunder
  • slumdunder

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

i wouldn't be surprised if we got back to liberty city much sooner than we are expecting. I mean, I didn't even expect IV to be there prior to release. Since its the most recent game, it feels like it should be a long time until we go there but im pretty convinced they are working on making it GTAO compatible as soon as they get the chance.

GTA Fiend
  • GTA Fiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:25 AM Edited by GTA Fiend, 07 September 2013 - 04:26 AM.

I've never finished a GTA game. I usually get about 40% completed then I wind up just running around causing mayhem. GTA V looks to change that! I do plan on going back to IV after I complete V. It'll take about 30 seconds before I remember just how much better V is and I'll put it back in.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

IV was a good story based game but coming after SA it wasn't was expected. V is what we thought we were getting in 08.

Not me. I knew that when GTA IV was announced it was going to take a different direction compared to the old games. The trailers gave off that impression to me at least.
  • DEERxBanshee likes this

spongeboob911
  • spongeboob911

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

I planned to play IV's story one last time prior to V's release, and I've just recently done that. 

That way I can focus on V and compare the graphic and mechanic advances. 

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

I'm trading in GTA IV towards GTA V lol

iTrader
  • iTrader

GTA'ing Since 02'

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

I tried to return to San Andreas yesterday, just didn't have the same vibe as it use to. I have been playing a bit of MCLA and IV just to give the driving mechanics a good feel as I have been playing Forza 4 a lot.

So I think I will never leave GTAV, It just seems to have everything I have ever wanted to do in a GTA game all packed in one, lets be honest this game is going to be f*cking sick.

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

I'll probably re-finish TLAD because you know, some characters might return to V and I just completed the original IV a few weeks back so I should be golden.

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

ive recently played 4 again but the more i think of everything available in V, IV immediately gets me in the mood of "i dont wanna play this anymore im ready 4 V."

i do like however how after replaying missions 4 the umpteenth time the peds are still spawning with new clothes & accessories that werent in the game before.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

GTA V in my hands = Good bye Liberty City!

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Eventually I'll replay GTA 4 for some nostalgia like I do with my old PS2 era GTA games.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by Pizentu, 07 September 2013 - 05:07 AM.

Im not sho if use saw dat new video or not but Liberty City done got blowed up by dem aleans. Dem "You Ef Ohs" came in and zapped dat place gone gone. 

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/vid/security-and-peace-of-mind/ammunation.webm 

Nights744
  • Nights744

Not Telling

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

I can easily go back to the old games because I haven't even planned to get GTA V... (Surprised?)

What would you say if I told you that I still play GTA2, not to mention the original Grand Theft Auto?

Do you even remember this cover?:

GTA1-Game-Cover.png

Fact: The character system in GTAV isn't even new. In the original "Grand Theft Auto" you had to choose from 8 different characters.

The final Grand Theft Auto is most likely going to be what you call "GTA1" in HD: Three different cities. A lot of characters to choose from.

• tinman187 likes this

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

i got gta iv complete, again, since it was only $7.49 on psn.  i had traded in the hard copy.  anyway, i must say that i've been having tons of fun with it, and it's great revisiting LC.

i got san andreas a couple months ago as a ps2 classic, and it actually hasn't aged very well.  bully on the other hand, has aged well, and those 10 bux were better spent.  :p

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

I've never finished a GTA game. I usually get about 40% completed then I wind up just running around causing mayhem. GTA V looks to change that! I do plan on going back to IV after I complete V. It'll take about 30 seconds before I remember just how much better V is and I'll put it back in.

never completed one gta game ? ohh you are such a fan i see. also dout you're a GTA Fiend.  :die:

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

love iv single player. but hate multiplayer..infested with hackers and little kids that shoot instantly on spawn

Spawn killing isn't even an issue seeing as you have 1.5 seconds of invulnerability every time you spawn.
If you can't utilise that then it's your own fault.

freedom76
  • freedom76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Dude you do know that GTA IV is a video game and doesn't have feelings. You know this right?

RisingLegend
  • RisingLegend

Your Neighborhood Wigger

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

I'm trading in GTA IV towards GTA V lol

For what? 5 dollars?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

For what? 5 dollars?

$4.99 more than SA? I'd take that hehe.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

GTA IV was awesome, i spend 5 years playing it, doing a mess, free roam and etc... But now its time to rest, put that game with GTA 3, Vice, San Andreas and Liberty City Stories.

Its time for GTAV! I'll spend years playing SP and Online, i'll buy other games but no one can beat GTAV until GTAVI comes out! I really enjoyed play Gta IV but its done for now.

Thanks Rockstar, youre awesome and made dreams (mine) come true! Respect R*
  • ONEkingscar likes this

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Absolutely not. I had 5 years of GTA IV and I won't be going back to it, for any reason, any time soon. 

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

I'd rather poke my eyes out with hot needles than to see Liberty City again.

• ONEkingscar likes this

SP3CTR3
  • SP3CTR3

Puncher of Demons

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:00 AM Edited by SP3CTR3, 07 September 2013 - 06:02 AM.

no, i don't think i'll be going back to IV once i get V.Gta IV wasn't my favorite.it was too depressing. i've played it too much too.truthfully i'm tired of it. who knows though i might go back to it but not anytime soon.... :bored:

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

I can easily go back to the old games because I haven't even planned to get GTA V... (Surprised?)

What would you say if I told you that I still play GTA2, not to mention the original Grand Theft Auto?

GTA1-Game-Cover.png

Fact: The character system in GTAV isn't even new. In the original "Grand Theft Auto" you had to choose from 8 different characters.

The final Grand Theft Auto is most likely going to be what you call "GTA1" in HD: Three different cities. A lot of characters to choose from.

Cover brings back so many memories. I loved the first GTA, it was so raw. I grew up playing GTA2 on my PSX and I have no problems revisiting "Anywhere, USA" during my play with V. Matter fact, I think I might play it tonight :p

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'd rather poke my eyes out with hot noodles than to see Liberty City again.

Fixed.

realizment
  • realizment

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

I tried playing it tonight and nah it doesnt even tide me over. First time i turned PS on since May. The running around and jumping is so slow and clumsy and the hand to hand combat is so poor. I really just noticed this now with the hope its been fixed which is what they have said. I think it will be imposible to go back when u get used to a better fluid system of gameplay.

realizment
  • realizment

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

GTA1-Game-Cover.png

I also been a GTA Fanboy since '97 myself. But the character system in 5 and 1 are nothing  alike. at all. Not even close. The characters in 1 didnt even have a purpose, because essentially it was the same no matter who you chose. It was choose to give the user a choice.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

I'm only gonna play IV for a bit to compare graphics of an IV character in V then compare them to IV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users