Quantcast

» «
Photo

For those who dislike the new color scheme (examples and discussion)

79 replies to this topic
ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by ALMOST610, 09 September 2013 - 02:59 AM.

Here is my latest changes to the theme (Based on the Code above by baguvix_wanrltw, but with a few more minor changes by me, some cant be seen here, but this now looks more like the old forum)

My-Update.png

Edit: Here is the CSS Code for 'Stylish' if anyone wants to try it (Firefox Version)

Removed - See Below for UserStyles.org links to Install

----------

Alright, I am going to start posting my Updates on UserStyles.Org It means I can make the code longer and I wont have to worry about stretching out the page, it also means you can just view that page and if there has been any updates, just click on the button and it will update the script for you.

I decided to call it 'GTA Forums V2 - Nostalgia Theme' some might say that this is GTAF v1.5 but to most they will think this the V2 of the Forums.

Also if anyone installs Stylish and then clicks on the button that says 'Find styles for this site...' it will also show up for them.

BTW, I have updated the Script which is why I am posting it. There might have been more changes but I cant think of them, I'll post here every time I update the script.

v0.15
-- Changes
. Added some more Fixes to code that changes the buttons styles for some new buttons (eg. "Mark This Forum As Read").
. Added the more little addons by baguvix_wanrltw
. Cleaned Up the Formatting and Comments
. Also Uploaded This Version to 'userstyles.org' 'http://userstyles.or...me?r=1378563165'

• Mince and Andreas like this

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

It's really cool. I hope we get more themes to choose from in the near future.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by ALMOST610, 07 September 2013 - 04:01 PM.

Here is also a Quick Vice City inspired them based on the GTAVice.com website.

Quick-Vice.png

Edit: Here is the CSS Code for 'Stylish' if anyone wants to try it (Firefox Version)

Please do note that this was only a test so not all fields will be themed in to VC Style, lots of areas will still have bits of the default colours.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("gtaforums.com") {

body { background-image:url('http://media.gtanet.com/gtavice/images/layout/bgr.jpg'); }
#logo a {background-position:left top !important; max-width: 190px !important; background-image: url("https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42357312/My%20Sharing%20Files/gtaforums_gtav_logo.png") !important;}
#ipbwrapper #content { width:100% !important; }
/* .maintitle, .pagination .back a, .pagination .forward a, .ipsSideBlock h3, .gtaf_leftNav_category { background:rgb(102,154,204) !important; } */
tr.__topic, td.col_f_icon, .ipsSideBlock, .post_block .post_wrap, #gtaf_leftNav #gtaf_leftNav_inner { background:#27649C !important; }
#gtaf_rightColumn, a.hide_signature, .reputation, a#lhsShow, a#lhsHide, .ipsLikeBar { display:none !important; }
#ipbwrapper #content #gtaf_leftNav { width: 190px !important; opacity: 1 !important; display: block !important; margin: 0 20px; }
#content #gtaf_centerContent { padding: 0 1%; }
.post_block .post_body { background:none; }
.post_block .post_wrap { margin-bottom: 20px; border: 1px solid black; }
.signature { margin: 0 auto !important; border-top:0px !important; }
table { border-spacing: 1px !important; border-collapse: separate !important; }
.post_block, .post_wrap  { border-radius: 7px; }
.maintitle, .pagination .back a, .pagination .forward a, .ipsSideBlock h3, .gtaf_leftNav_category {
  background-image: linear-gradient(top, rgb(59,89,118) 05%, rgb(102,154,204) 80%) !important;
  background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgb(59,89,118) 05%, rgb(102,154,204) 80%) !important;
  background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgb(59,89,118) 05%, rgb(102,154,204) 80%) !important;
  background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgb(59,89,118) 05%, rgb(102,154,204) 80%) !important;
  background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgb(59,89,118) 05%, rgb(102,154,204) 80%) !important;
  background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, right top, right bottom, color-stop(0.05, rgb(59,89,118)), color-stop(0.8, rgb(102,154,204))) !important; }
.ipsUserPhoto { background: transparent !important;}
.ipsUserPhoto_medium {height:auto !important; max-height: 50px;}
.ipsUserPhoto_mini {height:auto !important; max-height: 30px;}
.CSS1Compat, .CSS1Compat body {background:white !important;}
.post_body {background: rgb(102,154,204) !important;}
.bubbleMark {border-right: 12px solid rgb(102,154,204) !important;}
#topbar {background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(102,154,204) !important}
#branding {background: url("https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42357312/My%20Sharing%20Files/vice-header.png") repeat-x scroll 0px -8px transparent !important;!important}
}
  • Mince likes this

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by KawakSallas, 07 September 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Quick concept:

ORIGINAL

br5FXJz.png

CONCEPT

wdH0O8N.png

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

I used this colour scheme for years before the update yesterday, so i would like to see it back at some point.

How? I always tried to use it, but everything hurt to look at.

Anyway, +1 vote for including something like the Vice City theme that you made, it looks great as long as things stay readable. And that first edited one looks fantastic too.

I just liked the way the Vice City theme looked and it worked best for me. I tried the other themes atleast once on the old GTAF, but never liked them as much as the Vice City theme is all.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by mincemate003, 07 September 2013 - 04:20 PM.

Is there a picture of the Connection theme somewhere? I can try to recreate the color scheme.

Takes a bit to load on some. It's the closest we have of the "old ways".

http://web.archive.o....gtaforums.com/

Just type in gtaforums.com in the searchbar:

Pretty neat

http://web.archive.org/web/

Feel like freakin' Marty Mcfly haha...

Yeah, I use the web archive quite a bit. I made a classic-style color scheme for the Steam forums as well. I just wasn't sure how to look at the old themes. Logging in doesn't seem to work.

Lack of sleep + boredom = this. Might remind some of you of something... quick comparison:

KRXqxTK.png

K38vs9t.png

It's not finished by any means, just a quick little bit of CSS.

Here is also a Quick Vice City inspired them based on the GTAVice.com website.

Quick-Vice.png

Please do note that this was only a test so not all fields will be themed in to VC Style, lots of areas will still have bits of the default colours.

Wow, great job on the themes guys! I'm glad that some people with real knowledge of CSS stepped in :D. I'll poke around a bit myself. Perhaps we can set up a few themes that look as close as possible to the old ones, and make it so they'll work on Stylish, so anyone on Chrome or Firefox can try them. Unless the issue is that they look different across different browsers, in which case we'd need to develop for each one, I guess.

Maybe we could even set up a gallery of sorts for users to vote on their favorite custom skins, and then the staff could just implement those, instead of having to take the time to make their own? It might be a lot of work for nothing, but still, it could mean that users could get their hands on officially implemented themes quickly

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by yojo2, 07 September 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Sorry for posting something not completely related, but it's not worth its own topic, and maybe someone will find it useful.

I just figured that there's a nice way to make the header much more compact, it looks neat if you ask me:
beztytuutyzi4.png
#branding {
margin-top: -110px !important;
}
Also you can make the black bar at the top scroll with the page (so it's always visible), which I think is very convenient:
#bar {
position: fixed !important;
z-index: 999999;
}

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I loved the GTA III skin, but this new layout looks great as well. I wouldn't change it.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Right now I'm using the final code that Almost posted, and the bit that yojo2 just posted about making the header smaller, and I'm loving it. Resolves most of my complaints with this new update. :^:

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

You're all awesome. I'm loving this! Thanks for pouring time into developing new colour schemes. We're definitely keeping our eyes on this thread. :)

• Tacymist likes this

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:45 AM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 08 September 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Just FYI I completely approve of ALMOST610's changes :) Again this is not an ego project but just here to help people who, like me, prefer the old standard theme.

More updates coming tomorrow.

ALMOST610: Are you using the most current version of my CSS? The buttons should be bluer by now ;) Great job otherwise, really glad you're helping like that.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by mincemate003, 08 September 2013 - 01:49 AM.

You're all awesome. I'm loving this! Thanks for pouring time into developing new colour schemes. We're definitely keeping our eyes on this thread. :)

Glad that we can be of some help :).

I've put together a theme similar to the SanAndreas.net style. It's a little too orange, and I can't figure out how to change the blue bar underneath the banner at the top.

tpEs1x8.png

I can post the code if someone wants it, but since I made it in Color That Site and then pasted it in Stylish, it's extremely long, didn't want to post it here, lol.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:43 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 08 September 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Lack of sleep + boredom = this. Might remind some of you of something... quick comparison:

K38vs9t.png

Amazing. :O With a few other little changes/fixes it would be perfect.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

So, do we have an ETA on changing the colour schemes?

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Charger™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Tsuoroki, any idea when the other skins will be implemented? I'm simply not gonna use userscripts. They don't work on i-phone.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 08 September 2013 - 03:26 AM.

Just FYI I completely approve of ALMOST610's changes :) Again this is not an ego project but just here to help people who, like me, prefer the old standard theme.

More updates coming tomorrow.

ALMOST610: Are you using the most current version of my CSS? The buttons should be bluer by now ;) Great job otherwise, really glad you're helping like that.

I'm pleased to help, I updated my Code above on this page just now with the latest bits from yours, I also added some extra bits so now the Edit and Report buttons match the Quote, Included Yojo2's code for the Top Bar to follow us, and also started to comment the CSS so people who are going to adapt and update the code know what each lines does.

Edit: Forgot to mention, love the new changes, the colours appear much better now.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thanks, it looks great. One prblem I just noticed is that I'm writing in black on dark purple tho. You have a nice sleep and fix it up tomorrow. :dontgetit:

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Thanks, it looks great. One prblem I just noticed is that I'm writing in black on dark purple tho. You have a nice sleep and fix it up tomorrow. :dontgetit:

Ooops I wrote that in the quote box

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

I will be completely honest and say in the entire 5 years I've been a member here, i have had the default theme running the entire time. I looked at the others out of curiosity, and i found them to be tatty sh*t basically. The Vice City one was horrendous.

I have no problem sticking to this dark blue with white text layout.

Yup, just like me. Been here for 3 years and never changed my theme once. Sure I tried some of them but my heart kept with the default one as it was simplistic, less glamorous and went easy on my eyes.

The current one doesn't stand out against other forums in my opinion. The old one most certainly did, of course.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:21 AM Edited by AceKingston, 08 September 2013 - 04:21 AM.

I will be completely honest and say in the entire 5 years I've been a member here, i have had the default theme running the entire time. I looked at the others out of curiosity, and i found them to be tatty sh*t basically. The Vice City one was horrendous.

I have no problem sticking to this dark blue with white text layout.

Yup, just like me. Been here for 3 years and never changed my theme once. Sure I tried some of them but my heart kept with the default one as it was simplistic, less glamorous and went easy on my eyes.

The current one doesn't stand out against other forums in my opinion. The old one most certainly did, of course.

That's because you guys aren't used to it still. Just give it some time and you'll find it pretty good.

If you still can't get used to it, the admins say that there will be a skin similar to the older default one. Then you can change it to that.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 08 September 2013 - 05:40 AM.

Just updated my code again, http://gtaforums.com...n/?p=1063193097

It now has a small fix to make part of the OLD GTA Forums Quotes appear properly, still have to make the header for quotes appear properly but atleast now in quote trains and what not you can see they are actual quotes.

I'll update you if I get the rest working properly.

Edit:

Made some more additions, The cancel button is now styled as an actual button, and also styled a button that only people who are a Forum Leader (or Higher can See) which is the 'Topic Moderation' button.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

That's because you guys aren't used to it still. Just give it some time and you'll find it pretty good.

If you still can't get used to it, the admins say that there will be a skin similar to the older default one. Then you can change it to that.

A skin similar to the default one... sounds to me like changed colors only, if so I prefer it my/our way... with useful page widths, useless stuff removed, useful stuff in full view and whatnot. No offense to anybody but I don't see why I should stay with a layout I dislike if it's so simple to make it more to my liking.

Anyway, I don't think I need to make any more updates, just added 1 more thing myself (ALMOST: my "0.13", will find a new name later - added .post_wrap .row2 to the { background:#182741 !important; } declaration, that's the reply preview box in PMs) and I'll get some of the other new changes in, but not all of them, people can then choose which version they prefer :) Most of the changes by you guys are great but imho (for my personal viewing experience) I don't need some of them. I'll post my "final" soon.

So again thanks guys, 'twas fun and I can finally recognize mah time waste home base again :D

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

For those who are interested I have made a User Script for GTA Forums that will remove that Right Side Bar from pages so you get a slightly wider GTA Forums, Enjoy.

Browser-Compatibility.png
You should have no trouble running this in any Browser that has a UserScripts addon, I have placed and linked below the UserScripts Addons for Browsers that I have successfully tested this Script in and will continue to hunt around the internet to find way to get this running on other browsers too. If you know of another way please do let me know of it.

~ Firefox -- Greasemonkey
~ Chrome -- Tampermonkey
~ Safari -- NinjaKit

Install-Script.png

(Tested With Firefox/Aurora)

Thanks, works great.

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Charger™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Here's a small Tampermonkey script to be used with chrome for changing to the old GTAF Logo.

// ==UserScript==
// @name       GTAForums Logo Change
// @namespace  http://gtaforums.com/user/811620-archknight
// @version    0.1
// @description  Changes the current GTAForums logo to old one.
// @match      http://gtaforums.com
// ==/UserScript==

var images = document.getElementsByTagName ("img");
var x=0;
while(x<images.length)
{
if(images[x].src == "http://gtaforums.com/public/style_images/GTAForums_2013/gtaforums_gtav_logo.png")
{
images[x].src = "http://i.imgur.com/Xe5Hclf.png";

Android
  • Android

no u

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

FHlZFJrl.jpg

NNWS9oal.jpg

You don't know how badly I want to use these.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

K38vs9t.png

This touches me right.

For those who are interested I have made a User Script for GTA Forums that will remove that Right Side Bar from pages so you get a slightly wider GTA Forums, Enjoy.

Browser-Compatibility.png
You should have no trouble running this in any Browser that has a UserScripts addon, I have placed and linked below the UserScripts Addons for Browsers that I have successfully tested this Script in and will continue to hunt around the internet to find way to get this running on other browsers too. If you know of another way please do let me know of it.

~ Firefox -- Greasemonkey
~ Chrome -- Tampermonkey
~ Safari -- NinjaKit

Install-Script.png

(Tested With Firefox/Aurora)

Thanks, works great.

Ditto. Thank you very much.

Android
  • Android

no u

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Can anyone try to make a code for Tampermonkey that makes the forums look like it has the AfterFuture skin installed?

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Charger™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'll try making a The Connection theme. I'm on it. Will complete it by tomorrow.
  • Android likes this

Android
  • Android

no u

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'll try making a The Connection theme. I'm on it. Will complete it by tomorrow.

You're awesome man :^: Thanks so much.

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Charger™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

I got hold of the background images in that theme. Just need a Logo and the Header BG. I'm not good at it though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users