84 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Maybe we're just Sleepwalking...

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, I remember Xcommunicated said somewhere that it would indeed be once per year.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

I sincerely hope we get an option to bring the old layout back, this one is making my head spin. I'll give it a chance though, as the admins really seem to have done their best and implemented a bunch of cool features into this new version of gtaf. A little upset about the loss of my medal, but hopefully that will be sorted out in a while. :pp

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:04 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 07 September 2013 - 05:04 AM.

Does anyone know how to put people's images back into link form?

*(When I quote someone and I don't want their large image or gif in the quote)*

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

^ Just edit the quote and delete the [IMG] tags

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:02 AM Edited by AceKingston, 07 September 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Looks like the quotes seemed to be fixed in the topics and posts made after the layout but not the ones before.

Edit: I also found a bug in the friend system, I added Indi as a friend and he approved it of course, I am on his friend's list but he isn't on mine.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by ExtremeLimitations, 07 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

2.How come the pages seem to be longer?

The admins have increased the number of posts per page to 50.

It's 35 here on my end, could someone else check as well? Other than that I see no other problems with the information in this topic. But with a lot of the questions, only time will give us a definite answer.

I believe it's 40 indeed, the similar things I encountered on other forums.

Looks like the quotes seemed to be fixed in the topics and posts made after the layout but not the ones before.

Edit: I also found a bug in the friend system, I added Indi as a friend and he approved it of course, I am on his friend's list but he isn't on mine.

@Ace I have a question, how do you accept friends? Although I have added some friends and are seen in my and other's profile, what are the mechanics in accepting those friend requests?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

2.How come the pages seem to be longer?

The admins have increased the number of posts per page to 50.

It's 35 here on my end, could someone else check as well? Other than that I see no other problems with the information in this topic. But with a lot of the questions, only time will give us a definite answer.

I believe it's 40 indeed, the similar things I encountered on other forums.

I did a quick count and it came somewhere around 40.

And see this is what I was talking about the quotes. Now you can see it clearly but before it was hard to differentiate a quote and a reply.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by Werebot85, 07 September 2013 - 01:11 PM.

^ Actually, now I can't tell a quote from a reply. They look the same to me, so now I don't know where a quote ends an a reply starts. Yesterday it was fine, I could clearly see the quote and where it ended. Don't know if it's my phone doing weird stuff again :/

Maybe it's because my javascript is turned off? I don't wanna turn it on tho, browsing too slow then...

Edit - Yep, it's javascript. Turned it on and I could see quotes again. But yesterday I could see quotes even with it turned off :(

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

I sincerely hope we get an option to bring the old layout back, this one is making my head spin. I'll give it a chance though, as the admins really seem to have done their best and implemented a bunch of cool features into this new version of gtaf. A little upset about the loss of my medal, but hopefully that will be sorted out in a while. :pp

I never even had a medal and i hope the sytem returns. I thought the idea of rewarding people for their different services was a really good idea, and a medal system is not something you see on many forums, so i always found it to be quite unique to GTAF.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 07 September 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Temporary trick to remove the wasted space on rightside:
Thanks to yojo2 http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1063182360
Just install a custom css addon like Styler for firefox and add this script for gtaforums.com
#gtaf_rightColumn {
display: none !important;
}
Does the work.
kU84dex.png

HxsTW5s.png

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by Werebot85, 07 September 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Oh man, this is weird!! The forum suddenly changed to the mobile version. Until now, I couldn't access the mobile version because the link didn't show up at the bottom of the screen.

I just got used to the full desktop site, now I have to start over with the mobile version. But at least everything is MUCH faster now, so I'm happy :) I mean, everything loads instantly!! Navigating around the mobile version is pretty strange though...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: actually I'll stick with the full version. Mobile version sucks!! :/

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

The fun part of the old version was those unique pips seen on OGA and staff members. It's a really good feature IMO and I hope we could still see those pips.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Does anyone know how to put people's images back into link form?

*(When I quote someone and I don't want their large image or gif in the quote)*

^ Just edit the quote and delete the [IMG] tags

But when I quote someone I only see the picture, no IMG tags.

It's probably something real simple I haven't picked up on yet. Feel like a noob all over again haha. :p

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

It's probably something real simple I haven't picked up on yet. Feel like a noob all over again haha. :p

Oh.. It's different for me. When I quote someone I see the url between the IMG tags, but I don't see the picture. Thought it was the same for everyone :)

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 08 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Oh.. It's different for me. When I quote someone I see the url between the IMG tags, but I don't see the picture. Thought it was the same for everyone :)

I just found out how to find the tags. :D There is a switch button (literally there is a switch icon haha) in the top left of the reply tools next to the remove format button. It switches the text from what you see in the final post to the bbcode behind it.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

There was nothing said about Medals being replaced with respect. Please don't assume it.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

^ Alright, I'll remove it.

Anyways, I just made a new interactive tutorial for the new layout with commentary. I know my voice sucks and I tried to get rid of the backround noise but I failed but as long as you understand what I'm saying it should be good, video added  to the opening post:

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

So...am I the only one who doesn't randomly check peoples profiles now that you can see who (and when) checked out your profile?

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

So...am I the only one who doesn't randomly check peoples profiles now that you can see who (and when) checked out your profile?

lol wat, they have this feature now? wadda fack is dis huh

Also regarding the script that deepthroatgta6 posted for Firefox users, is there any chance there's something like that for Chrome users?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

I think if we sign in anonymously we don't show up. I noticed some more views on my profile page but it still showed the same members on the side.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by trip, 11 September 2013 - 12:54 AM.

I think if we sign in anonymously we don't show up. I noticed some more views on my profile page but it still showed the same members on the side.
Ahh I thought that may be the case. I generally am logged on anonymous unless I am on my laptop or desktop - I need that full mouse, keyboard stuff to feel like I can really participate in posts and whatnot.

NOTE TO ALL:
If you see me check out your profile a few times out of nowhere it is because I chill here with a few beers and just randomly click around. Not kidding - I've clicked on a profile only to click it again a minute later and then ask myself "didn't I just click on this profile"

Kalvin.
  • Kalvin.

--------------

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Ahh I thought that may be the case. I generally am logged on anonymous unless I am on my laptop or desktop - I need that full mouse, keyboard stuff to feel like I can really participate in posts and whatnot.

NOTE TO ALL:
If you see me check out your profile a few times out of nowhere it is because I chill here with a few beers and just randomly click around. Not kidding - I've clicked on a profile only to click it again a minute later and then ask myself "didn't I just click on this profile"

Now I no longer feel special :(

• trip likes this

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

40 posts per page seems to be too many, feels like an endless scroll. perhaps reduce this to 25-30?

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Nah, I'm the same. On the old forums I used to go on regular random profile checking sprees haha :sly: Some people write interesting stuff in there. But now it feels kinda awkward to do that. Don't know why I feel awkward, but I do. I know I can sign in anonymously tho...

But another reason I don't view profiles anymore is because they don't display correctly on my phone. I can't read anything in anyone's profiles.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by legend9090, 11 September 2013 - 01:20 PM.

It only took a little while to get used to, i'm actually liking it a lot now, good guide btw. :^:
  • pikachu2g likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users