Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Thoughts On Online Being Released Later?

94 replies to this topic
Matriculated
  • Matriculated

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

I love how every answer is "I am glad other people have to do what I want them to or what I think is best" even though they used their own money to buy THEIR copy. I completely disagree with the reason that R* gave. If I dont ever want to play single player that should be my choice. I should not have to become fully immersed in single player before playing online. It would have been completely fine if they had just said they were not done with it. It would have been fine if they said it was to prevent launch week returns, but to tell me what they think I should play first.......  To those saying that people jump in with no idea what they are doing..... it is their character to F up, not yours. I am giving them $150 for both modes and should be able to play the game however I want. 

Agreed. If The MP wasn't completed by launch, then fair enough. I certainly wouldn't want Rockstar rushing it out just to be ready at launch. But they've already admitted that the MP is finished and they're choosing to hold it back.

The REAL reason they're holding on is to try and stop people trading the game in straight away.

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

I don't mind if it is finished or not. I like the idea that everyone has the opportunity to have two weeks exploring everything, and enjoying the story before the online element is "unlocked"

Personally once it is, I will be playing the online more than single player, so r* get a thumbs up from me.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

It's a way of securing high statistics in single player completion for them. That way they can show shareholders that making single player games is worth the money invested in making them. It's a very cynical business and publishers look at statistics like game completion and make future investments based on those stats. If they put out GTAO at the same time and hardly anyone completed single player game, the shareholders would be asking why R* spent so much money on it.

KaosGoneRogue
  • KaosGoneRogue

Definition of Insanity

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm happy to wait for online as SP for two weeks is going to be sick! No doubt the SP is going to be the best of GTA, Rockstar you are legends :D

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:34 AM Edited by Rebel, 07 September 2013 - 10:35 AM.

I'm quite happy they are releasing it later on. Means I can actually play the SP without having to rush through it too much. Also means I might know a little about the map or where to find those ''special'' things. Especially in the ocean or something. I'll be used to the controls and sh*t too.

A lot of people are mad at the fact they cant play Online straight away because they aren't bothered about the Single Player aspect - maybe because GTA IV sucked ass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users