Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Thoughts On Online Being Released Later?

94 replies to this topic
kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

The back of the box, that looked real to a lot of people says 12GB required for HDD space.

I thought GTA:O was activated with a small patch on October 1st? the extra space is most likely in case you want DLC or for updates and such.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

I'm cool with that, will give me ample time to fully enjoy the single player.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Same here, I don't care only haters and impatient people are complaining.

Singleplay, play missions finish game, unlock achievements and explore map, 14 days isn't much.

thun3r
  • thun3r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

But it's never been on the table that you play both at the same time. If it bothers you, buy it 2 weeks later. Simple. They aren't forcing you to buy it on day one. At the end of the day, you've never been given the choice, it is what it is, like it or lump it. Fact is GTA Online isn't released until 1st October, you have no right to play it on 17th September just because you think you should...

Great post.... (That was sarcasm)

1. I never said that it was on the table.

2. I never said they were forcing me to buy it, thanks. (unhelpful)

3. I know I was never given a choice, that is why my post says I dont agree with it, thanks. (that was incredibly unhelpful)

4. THIS might shock you and I am surprised that you did not make an assumption but.... I was going to play the story mode first even if online was up. 

My post was just like all the others and just what the thread asked for: My thoughts on what we know about the game. 

I WAS NOT asking for a life coach to explain how things are because I KNOW how they are.

I DID say that I do not like the stupid reason for it.

I DID say that I do not like that everyone on here is saying that they are happy other people cant play it. I keep seeing completely selfish reasons for it. 

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by SesameStPimp, 07 September 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Makes perfect sense to me. Online wont be much fun until Ive played long enough to know which elements of the game I enjoy the most. Only point of online for me would be to collaborate with other people who enjoy the same missions/elements of the game that I do.

If I want to just jump online and shoot at random people, there are already plenty of fps games out there for that. Boring as f*ck.

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

Great post.... (That was sarcasm)
1. I never said that it was on the table.
2. I never said they were forcing me to buy it, thanks. (unhelpful)
3. I know I was never given a choice, that is why my post says I dont agree with it, thanks. (that was incredibly unhelpful)
4. THIS might shock you and I am surprised that you did not make an assumption but.... I was going to play the story mode first even if online was up. 
My post was just like all the others and just what the thread asked for: My thoughts on what we know about the game. 
I WAS NOT asking for a life coach to explain how things are because I KNOW how they are.
I DID say that I do not like the stupid reason for it.
I DID say that I do not like that everyone on here is saying that they are happy other people cant play it. I keep seeing completely selfish reasons for it.

Take your tampon out, Dave. Your post came across as whiney, so I responded as I saw fit. Don't like the response, don't write whiney-sounding posts. Whatever, enjoy the game dude.

Found_Again
  • Found_Again

Ban Roulette Victim. :)

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

It doesn't bother me in the least bit. 

thun3r
  • thun3r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:22 AM Edited by thun3r, 07 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Take your tampon out, Dave. Your post came across as whiney, so I responded as I saw fit. Don't like the response, don't write whiney-sounding posts. Whatever, enjoy the game dude.

So once again you say something stupid. I am sorry that I did not word my opinion in a manly enough way to please you. God, why cant I be a hard-ass like you? There was nothing whiny about my post. I just gave an opinion that you did not agree with and you responded like a jerk. All you had to do was say that you did not agree. The need to attack someone for no reason and then make up a BS excuse on top of the "Take your tampon out,Dave thing leads me to believe that you are one of those 13-year-olds that people keep saying are on this website. 

Highlight the part that is showing up in white with your mouse. I have no idea why that is happening. 

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

I dont mind BUT I wish it was only ONE WEEK instead of two...

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

how does that fix anything?? people who get the game after October 1st will be able to skip the single player and jump right in being clueless... this 2 week delay is just a tactic to build suspense or prevent returns or something, its not to help the game be a better experience

True console gamer.

Online games require much much much more maintenance, and preparation. Ask Blizzard how their launch with D3 went when they didn't prepare right.

Sigh, if only these kids who just blurt stupid ass sh*t would just leave.... At least know what you are talking about before opening your yapper and providing false information.

Not to mention, GTAO will be much much much larger in scale than the single player. But then again with the way you responded it is pretty obvious you have never played an MMO or any game with a persistent online world.

Champers
  • Champers

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by Champerss, 07 September 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Personally, I'm alright with Grand Theft Auto Online being released in October; gives Rockstar some time to finish and polish it rather than rushing it because some people want it early. And instead of people just hopping into multiplayer right away, we'll have singleplayer and the story-line to play with.

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

I think it's a great idea. Rockstar is giving us a chance to mingle and get the feel of the game. Plus it'll give us a chance to recognize the locations or some of it and use it to our advantage online. Come up with guerilla tactics.
  • shifty66 likes this

appletimemac
  • appletimemac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

I am extremely excited that it's not coming out until October 1st, it prevents people from getting a crazy advantage, everyone will get to enjoy the campaign and single player, and everyone starts on an even playing field :)

Right on Rockstar!

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I'm cool with it. It'll give me time to learn the controls and new gameplay, as well as get my bearings around the map.

And honestly, I'd rather they spend as long as possible making GTA Online work. It's worth a few weeks of waiting if it means that the game won't completely explode from bugs and exploitation on release.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Not too fond of waiting two weeks. 

To be honest, I'm on the minority. While I'll love to venture into the GTA 5 story, and see what they have added, GTA Online stole the show for me. 

Hell, I would've paid 60 dollars alone for GTA Online. 

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Doesn't really matter to me, I wouldn't have played online properly until completing storyline first and having fun in free roam anyways.

Its good that everyone will start together, no level 100's in the first day I play it.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

Gta online will be a product in itself on next gen. 2 weeks gives everyone a level playing field. Problem is that most of you want to gain the upper hand as quick as poassible......you are just upset you cant....very selfish mentality.....definitely wont be trusting many based on this alone......

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I think its a good thing. Give people time to play the singleplayer story and learn the map before GTAO comes out. If GTAO was released the same day as V, many would love past V and go straight to online and wouldn't get the same experience from the game.

Macrorang
  • Macrorang

Cerebral Awareness

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

The October 1st wait is an non-issue for me.  I believe the single player section will have a plethora of content leading to GTA Online.  It can also be considered a good tactic from R* for people who simply wanted to complete the story, attempt multilplayer, then trade the game for its highest price...but they'll have to keep their game for a couple of weeks if they want to play online.

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think it was a good idea. It gives us time to experience the game while they make some final preparations to receive us in GTAO. :)

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

GTA IV Help & Support

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Enjoy Single Player for 12 days then go for GTA Online. 

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

The problem is, some people may finish the single player within lets say 3 days tops, you know, hardcore players like me will be wanting to get the game completed in the fastest way possible, just for that feel of completing a new game. Anyways, the minigames and side missions and customization better keep everyone seated, or else people will start to complain that they want Online to come out already... Am I right?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Doesn't bother me at all. Waited years for this game. What's another 2 weeks for one section of it to open up.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

I can't be the only one that right after completing the game, I want to test out the Online portion...

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by OldSwitcheroo, 07 September 2013 - 08:51 AM.

So once again you say something stupid. I am sorry that I did not word my opinion in a manly enough way to please you. God, why cant I be a hard-ass like you? There was nothing whiny about my post. I just gave an opinion that you did not agree with and you responded like a jerk. All you had to do was say that you did not agree. The need to attack someone for no reason and then make up a BS excuse on top of the "Take your tampon out,Dave thing leads me to believe that you are one of those 13-year-olds that people keep saying are on this website. 
Highlight the part that is showing up in white with your mouse. I have no idea why that is happening.

Jesus, bit sensitive aren't we? I'll stick you on the ignore list I think if you're going to respond to replies to your posts in such a way.

After re-reading your initial post and my response, I think you've overreacted quite a lot tbh, way too much than was necessary. My reply didn't warrant the sarcasm & bile you responded with, not at all.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

The problem is, some people may finish the single player within lets say 3 days tops, you know, hardcore players like me will be wanting to get the game completed in the fastest way possible, just for that feel of completing a new game. Anyways, the minigames and side missions and customization better keep everyone seated, or else people will start to complain that they want Online to come out already... Am I right?

No offense, but I don't understand why you'd wait such a long time to play it only to finish it in a couple of days.

I'm guessing R* chose 2 weeks as that'll most likely be the average finishing time of sp. Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for people who rush then complain.

Really games like GTA V should be played for weeks/months. At first I didn't like the decision, but it's not the end of the world.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

No offense, but I don't understand why you'd wait such a long time to play it only to finish it in a couple of days.

I'm guessing R* chose 2 weeks as that'll most likely be the average finishing time of sp. Sorry, but I don't have much sympathy for people who rush then complain.

Really games like GTA V should be played for weeks/months. At first I didn't like the decision, but it's not the end of the world.

Actually, I've only been waiting a total of about 4 weeks for this game since I found out about it really late, but either way, in all GTA games I've gotten, I love completing the story so I can goof around, and now with GTA V since there's so many things to do in Single Player itself, I could careless if there wasn't any playable missions to be honest. So many things to do.

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

I could care less as well, I am not a big online player ,  I think I will finish the story first before go online

PSN-NEFSTAR
  • PSN-NEFSTAR

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

i dont mind

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

I think it's good. I'm sick of people buying games and jumping straight into MP without playing the story first. It's like a big f*ck you to the developers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users