Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Thoughts On Online Being Released Later?

94 replies to this topic
stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Meh, i never play GTA IV online anyways, however i do look forward to it, but i can easily wait 2 weeks.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Great idea. I hope more games do it like this.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

I'd be fine if it was a couple of days but 2 weeks... way too long. I want to immediately play all of the sh*t they've got us excited for, not half of it!

32brownsfan
  • 32brownsfan

This is a Tribe Town

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Those two weeks will go by so fast. We won't be missing GTAO

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Its good. Gives me time to enjoy the singleplayer, without other people being a much higher level when i finally get into multiplayer. That way, we'll all be on the same level, at the same time.

This  :^:

LovesGTA
  • LovesGTA

*loves GTA*

• Members

Don't mind it at all. I have no interest in playing GTA Online right away.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Didn't we already got some threads about this? Well it's a great decision by R*.

Now we first can get known with the game, enjoy SP... and then rock the MP.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Like most members have said I'm glad the Online is being released later on it gives people a chance to get to grips with the changes R* have implemented, but most importantly gives people a chance to enjoy the SP rather than rushing through or just skipping over it altogether and heading straight to MP.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm a huge fan of both Online and Single Player, so I really don't care. If you're saying it'll feel like a while, I doubt you'll even think about it while you're playing Singe Player. And if you're playing GTA V I doubt you're only playing it for the online... its just not that kind of game.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

It's f*ckin' genius. 

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I'm a huge fan of both Online and Single Player, so I really don't care. If you're saying it'll feel like a while, I doubt you'll even think about it while you're playing Singe Player. And if you're playing GTA V I doubt you're only playing it for the online... its just not that kind of game.

Why would you say GTAV is not the 'Online' kind of game? Rockstar basically made GTA Online it's own game. Online is a BIG aspect to GTAV just saying.

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

It's not a big deal at all. It'll give me enough time to sink my teeth into single player and discover the map to its fullest. It'll also provide me with enough time to form a solid, fully functional crew. Lastly, it'll allow Rockstar to iron out any bumps that may be discovered in the first several weeks upon the game's release.

All in all, I'll be far too excited indulging in single player (which, in my opinion, is a far richer experience anyhow) to even notice that online is not there.

Fun fact: I didn't play GTA IV's multiplayer until I completely finished through the story mode -- which took a good week or so.

• black_benz likes this

BigVenis
  • BigVenis

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Gives every1 time to really get into everything thats new in the game and explore alot more knowing rthey have a whole online to get into in a few weeks.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

It's a good thing. It is certainly a good sign that it will live up to the hype - "we better stagger this, because if people play this first and skip single player, it will be so sad" :p

buxtonbum
  • buxtonbum

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Considering that i like playing with friends more I was very disappointed when i saw that online wasn't going to be available until oct 1. But I guess it is ok since I can get the feel of the game.

ian2562
  • ian2562

V!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

It's good. People will have time to enjoy single player first.

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

they haven't finished GTA:Online yet, if they are nice enough to let us play the single player a little earlier than when the whole game is done, why should we complain. 

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by Gigabomber, 06 September 2013 - 10:28 PM.

I think some of you are suffering from self-imposed Stockholm Syndrom.

Releasing the online two weeks later is an error that will alienate some of the casual/CoD crowd that want their deathmatch from day 1.

If it wasn't for the franchise already being so strong, you'd all agree.

I'll add: if they truly haven't finished the online and need the extra two weeks, it does not bode well for the future of the multiplayer portion.

cashsmuggler
  • cashsmuggler

just being mee

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

I think it's great as I can complete gta story mode without online players being much more experience than me as their are many people that go straight online and only play the story mode a few weeks after their a high level online so im realy happy about that sorry online only guys and girls lol

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Doesn't bother me. Frankly I've never understood the logic behind going online before SP mode. And one thing which really doesn't make any f*cking sense to me are people who jump straight online as soon as the game arrives just to shoot at each other.

I mean you wait several years and have been hyped by Rockstar's trailers, interviews and screenshots for the most amazing, most complex, open-world, story-based gaming experience ever and yet what's the first thing some people do the very second they set foot in that game world? Immediately jump online without getting to know the game first, run around randomly like headless chickens and shoot everything that moves like it's one big f*cking COD deathmatch! Seriously WTF?!! Is this is what they waited for all this time for?! Is this really what they've been hyped over?! Why did they bother pre-ordering something like GTA V if that's all they wanted?! Makes no sense whatsoever.

The delay doesn't bother me cos it'll be a while before I'm ready to go online.

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Releasing the online two weeks later is an error that will alienate some of the casual/CoD crowd that want their deathmatch from day 1.

I hope it does alienate the deathmatch crowd tbh.  I want GTAO to be about the co-op heists and crew work with the odd pitch battle thrown in, not game-ruining 12 year olds getting their kicks from constantly flying the hydra doing nothing else other than blowing sht up thinking they're the mack daddy, screaming swear words they've just discovered during school break that day.

I don't think the online service is going to be fault free from day one though, they (R*) have a massive challenge with match-matching / populating the universes and I reckon it will be a couple of months before they've ironed all the issues out.  Don't be expecting miracles on October 1st and you won't be disappointed.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'm actually kind of relieved GTA Online is being released two weeks after GTA V. That'll give me fourteen days to prepare myself and get acquainted with the new physics, map, shooting and driving mechanics, etc.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

i'm more about the single player, so it doesn't bother me at all....

thun3r
  • thun3r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

I love how every answer is "I am glad other people have to do what I want them to or what I think is best" even though they used their own money to buy THEIR copy. I completely disagree with the reason that R* gave. If I dont ever want to play single player that should be my choice. I should not have to become fully immersed in single player before playing online. It would have been completely fine if they had just said they were not done with it. It would have been fine if they said it was to prevent launch week returns, but to tell me what they think I should play first.......  To those saying that people jump in with no idea what they are doing..... it is their character to F up, not yours. I am giving them $150 for both modes and should be able to play the game however I want. 

• Matriculated likes this

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

I like it, gives me a chance to get used to the game first, also get used to my surroundings and learn the map a little bit.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Its great.   I really only pay $60 for singleplayer anyway, would pay $100 just for single player as it is like 5 games in one.  GTA online sounds great as well and is icing on the cake.

TBH I didn't like gta 4 online, hope they have improved it a lot.

gta076
  • gta076

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'm fine with it personally. It gives us all time to get to play through the single player story, and also get used to the controls...and possibly think of more devious things to do online... :evilgrin: Seriously though, a two week wait for something as immense as Gta Online is fine. It also makes sense because the online is supposed to take place before the main story, so it'll be cool to get a little background info on some characters we've gotten to know in the single player, like Lamar. It all makes sense.

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

I don't mind at all, hell I could wait longer then 2 weeks without the online mode. The single player is gonna keep me busy for a while... I don't really see myself getting bored of single player mode and thinking "ok, time to go online!". I mean if this were a CoD game I could understand but it's completely different with GTA.

I mean even if the game didn't have online at all, it wouldn't even make a difference. The game is gonna be THAT good....

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Waiting 2 weeks extra isnt a pain, but really just about everyone is ok or thinks its a "great" idea, bias much? I was looking forward to the online right out of the gate it was the only thing in 4 i enjoyed. I know the single player and just the game world are already a million times better than 4 was, so im not heartbroken by it nor will it make the game less fun, but i was looking for the crazy antics of GTAO right away.

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

I love how every answer is "I am glad other people have to do what I want them to or what I think is best" even though they used their own money to buy THEIR copy. I completely disagree with the reason that R* gave. If I dont ever want to play single player that should be my choice. I should not have to become fully immersed in single player before playing online. It would have been completely fine if they had just said they were not done with it. It would have been fine if they said it was to prevent launch week returns, but to tell me what they think I should play first.......  To those saying that people jump in with no idea what they are doing..... it is their character to F up, not yours. I am giving them $150 for both modes and should be able to play the game however I want.

But it's never been on the table that you play both at the same time. If it bothers you, buy it 2 weeks later. Simple. They aren't forcing you to buy it on day one. At the end of the day, you've never been given the choice, it is what it is, like it or lump it. Fact is GTA Online isn't released until 1st October, you have no right to play it on 17th September just because you think you should...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users