Photo

This Screen Made From Software, Not Ps3/xbox

146 replies to this topic
ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Some of the screenshots look to me like they could be from console, and some don't.  For example:

I could see this being current-gen console: http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/828

But I seriously doubt this is: http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/876

You've said it yourself, some of the screenshots look to good to be true, but some of the screenshots also look very low res. I reckon Rockstar is doing some fancy work with LOD and lighting as well as in game effects such as blur etc. This is probably the reason some screenshots look fantastic while others look just above standard. The close up's with character models, for i.e. Trevor walking away from the burning house, is higher than the trailer because it was a close up of that particular in-game moment. Most of these screenshots are merely optical illusions, very clever if you ask me. :p

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

This IS the actual game, you fool.

The image in the OP is not the actual game. If you go to that exact location and view when you get the game, it'll definitely look different - probably not as crisp lighting and not as many peds on the beach. You know what I mean mate

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

The image in the OP is not the actual game. If you go to that exact location and view when you get the game, it'll definitely look different - probably not as crisp lighting and not as many peds on the beach. You know what I mean mate

:sui:

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Either you're a troll, or you seriously believe an image that low res is something from a PC? It's console.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

:sui:

:sui:  :sui:  :sui:

davil
  • davil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Of course it's software... check this out, different "screenshots", different angles but same planes...

c4vl10m.jpg

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Of course it's software... check this out, different "screenshots", different angles but same planes...

c4vl10m.jpg

You can change angles on dev kits too, especially for presentations or previews for example, CVG said that the gameplay that was shown to them was at a particular angle throughout the duration of the demo. 

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by LennonNL, 06 September 2013 - 09:54 PM.

Either you're a troll, or you seriously believe an image that low res is something from a PC? It's console.

Look, the game will look great, not far off that picture. However, there is just no doubt that that image is not from a console. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Don't think I'm slating the game. It'll look great. I'm just stating that image has been enhanced.

Hey - I hope I'm wrong!

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Look, the game will look great, not far off that picture. However, there is just no doubt that that image is not from a console. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Don't think I'm slating the game. It'll look great. I'm just stating that image has been enhanced.

Hey - I hope I'm wrong!

That image doesn't even look better than Half-Life 2, I'm being serious. We'll see, like I said though people were hellbent on saying that GTA IV's screenshots were bullshots and they weren't. Just have to wait and see for ourselves. 10 days to go!!!  :panic:  :r*:

• LennonNL likes this

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

That image doesn't even look better than Half-Life 2, I'm being serious. We'll see, like I said though people were hellbent on saying that GTA IV's screenshots were bullshots and they weren't. Just have to wait and see for ourselves. 10 days to go!!!  :panic:  :r*:

It looks great though, I'll be ecstatic if the game looks like that. I reckon it's not far off though!

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

It looks great though, I'll be ecstatic if the game looks like that. I reckon it's not far off though!

Of course it looks great, it's one hell of an achievement to pull something off like this, but it's really the phenomenal art direction that sells the looks  :^:   

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

I wouldn't stretch screenshots, because im aware of that. ;)

Yeah, there is nothing next-gen on the screenshots for sure, but there are plenty very well looking screenshots which are to good to be true. I don't want to start an argument about screens are from a pc-version or ain't, it cannot be proven and there are enough topics about it already.

Pausing the gameplay trailers and looking at the screenshots is a great difference. Maybe thats the problem, but then again could be all due of video compression and stuff. I can't wait to see the uncompressed actual gameplay beamed onto my wall. :)

This This This! The trailers are all compressed. An uncompressed HD trailer would be 40 gigs maximum. So I'm waiting for the actual game before I'm going to judge.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

It's OK for me because I'll be getting this game on photoshop :^:

• Bazzad likes this

hellslave
  • hellslave

livєэvil

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:03 AM Edited by hellslave, 07 September 2013 - 08:04 AM.

I don't know about anyone else, but now I hope that 3D colored arrow thing is included as future weapon DLC, just to spite all those who're whining about it.

ALLSILENCED
  • ALLSILENCED

130k Subs on Youtube!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

i already pointed this out in a thread and it got locked see http://gtaforums.com...-from-rockstar/

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:10 AM Edited by IchliebeDeutscheland, 07 September 2013 - 08:12 AM.

I don't know about anyone else, but now I hope that 3D colored arrow thing is included as future weapon DLC, just to spite all those who're whining about it.

Nobody is whining about the thing being in the pic. Most are happy, because they have the proof, they we're looking for. Others laugh about the little faux pas in general. Eberybody is satisfied.

i already pointed this out in a thread and it got locked see http://gtaforums.com...-from-rockstar/

Do you want a cookie or do you want respect? This post is just cookie-worthy. :cookie:

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

link (direct ) to original screen ( thx vivalavendredi )  http://www.rockstarg...ot/878-1280.jpg    

what do you think ?

I think it's to control the camera's angle and they probably just forgot to edit it off the screen 

but yeah it could point out that it was indeed taking from a pc or at least an image editor on consoles for game devs....

Either way we won't be seeing this in-game 

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

It was taken from the game's engine itself, on a PC. Whether it looks the same in game on the lower performance consoles is a different story.

appletimemac
  • appletimemac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

You were commenting about GRAPHICS(I totally disagree with you), not about that XYZ thing

3 people in my thread already pointed out the XYZ thing well before he posted this, the OP here just saw it from my thread and copied them.

Okay, dude, seriously, no one cares.

appletimemac
  • appletimemac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:03 PM Edited by appletimemac, 08 September 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Some of the screenshots look to me like they could be from console, and some don't.  For example:

I could see this being current-gen console: http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/828

But I seriously doubt this is: http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/876

You've said it yourself, some of the screenshots look to good to be true, but some of the screenshots also look very low res. I reckon Rockstar is doing some fancy work with LOD and lighting as well as in game effects such as blur etc. This is probably the reason some screenshots look fantastic while others look just above standard. The close up's with character models, for i.e. Trevor walking away from the burning house, is higher than the trailer because it was a close up of that particular in-game moment. Most of these screenshots are merely optical illusions, very clever if you ask me. :p
IGN said that it ran as smooth as they have been showing, and that graphics were as amazing as we're seeing, they said it felt very "next-gen". So hopefully they don't stray too far from what we see in the final build, because technically from what you explained, it'd still be "in-game footage" ;)

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

This is obviously taken from the same dev build that IGN had hands on with. Doesn't mean it's a bullshot because it'll be running on a console dev-kit. That explains the XYZ widget as well... it doesn't seem attached to that building so maybe the guy making the screen used to set the sun direction or whatever. 

koothara
  • koothara

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by koothara, 08 September 2013 - 12:30 PM.

No matter what, that image look like crap. Anyway i am going to play the game only if it ever released on PC. Not because i hate console or sh*t like that, playing with a controller is too difficult for me. I am a mouse and keyboard guy, nothing else.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Some people are so anxious to play GTAV they are looking for any possible way to get it even a day early, while some are willing to wait months or even another year so they can play on PC.

Near137
  • Near137

Near

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:49 PM Edited by Near137, 08 September 2013 - 12:52 PM.

That screenshot is ugly as f*ck. The people looking like there on minecraft. Them waves ughghh.

Here it is from another angle ohh wait this is 10 years ago

2uepnkm.jpg

That "ugly" screenshot is taken from another beach.

Near137
  • Near137

Near

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by Near137, 08 September 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Sorry for double posting.

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Now that's what I call a 'fail'.

Calmillerr
  • Calmillerr

Mister

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I direct messaged Rockstar on Twitter, 

m0XEm74.png

Maybe they are working on fixing the image?

This is fake, man.. Rockstar don't follow you, and for them to get a message from you, they'd have to follow you.. nice try though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users