Photo

This Screen Made From Software, Not Ps3/xbox

146 replies to this topic
IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Eh, contradicting yourself a bit there?  Rockstar never said the screenshots are from PS3 or Xbox, but they are lying about the screenshots?  Interesting.

They are advertising the 360 and PS3 Version with this pics, so yeah, it's kinda misleading.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

How is it contradicting for me to be upset that they post screenshots from a CONSOLE ONLY videogame then let something slip that proves that these screenshots are not taken from the consoles they will be sold on?

They're not lying about the screenshots if they aren't claiming they are from consoles, nor do they claim they are representative of console gameplay.  You (and others) ASSUME they are from consoles, when it should be obvious they are not from consoles.  You are contradicting yourself because you yourself said they never said they were from consoles, and yet you say they are lying!  It's not Rockstar's fault you make faulty assumptions.

• beauedwards1991 likes this

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by TheRealBars, 06 September 2013 - 07:48 PM.

They're not lying about the screenshots if they aren't claiming they are from consoles, nor do they claim they are representative of console gameplay.  You (and others) ASSUME they are from consoles, when it should be obvious they are not from consoles.  You are contradicting yourself because you yourself said they never said they were from consoles, and yet you say they are lying!  It's not Rockstar's fault you make faulty assumptions.

This.

Screenshots are almost never from actual console versions, they are either from console devkits or just the PC software.

Ever tried recreating certain screenshot angles/locations in console versions? impossible.

This doesn't mean the game is compatible or PC ready, quite contrary since all they do is emulate the Xbox/PS3 architecture.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Look at the screens from GTAIV and tell me if that looks like console gameplay: http://www.rockstarg.../#?page=screens

NO.  Hell no.  Obviously no.  Every game company does this with screenshots.

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Pre-order cancelled again!

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

In the end its like eating at McDonalds: you can ignore the fact, that the advertisements and pictures of the burgers aren't the real deal or you don't. Matter of fact is: they are promising you things with pictures that differ from the product you are buying. You could say that it is a lie. Most people won't notice a difference at all in the end, and thats okay too, because that's what sells a game.

• Sticky Pads likes this

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by Sticky Pads, 06 September 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Fair enough.  This is why I'm only ever really excited about gameplay videos, that show actual console gameplay. I hope GTAV is a hell of a lot better looking than an actual McDonald's hamburger though!  

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well if you look at the meta data for the pictures, they've all gone through Photoshop CS6 on Mac.

gtavpicproof.jpg

RaduG
  • RaduG

PC

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Well if you look at the meta data for the pictures, they've all gone through Photoshop CS6 on Mac.

gtavpicproof.jpg

They add the logo in Photoshop.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Ridiculous how they are still using PC software to put out screenshots. The game's out in 10 days give us screenshots to showcase the actual game!

This IS the actual game, you fool.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Nobody thought that Rockstar might've done it on purpose? I mean, maybe its intention for mappers to find the world direction easier for mapping the V map, and besides it's too big of a mistake to overlook, dont' you think?

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Just think... in 10 days we'll be able to go to this beach ourselves and see what's really going on!

Jordiath
  • Jordiath

∆ for ∆pple

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Don't get why everyone's going nuts over this.

They showed a screenshot created from the Xbox/PS3 DevKit's, they're using the same specs as the consoles, so whatever they create on these devkits, it'll be the same in the console version lol.

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

They add the logo in Photoshop.

And 10.000 other things, like color correction, brightness, sharpening-tools etc. C'mon, this is advertisement, you know how that works. ;)

• JOSEPH X likes this

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

^^^ not to mentioned basic resizing, cropping, etc.

• IchliebeDeutscheland likes this

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by IchliebeDeutscheland, 06 September 2013 - 08:37 PM.

^^^ not to mentioned basic resizing, cropping, etc.

Yeah, imagine, they would've release the pictures without compressing them first. ^^

sagemred
  • sagemred

PC.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

And 10.000 other things, like color correction, brightness, sharpening-tools etc. C'mon, this is advertisement, you know how that works. ;)

Yeah, touching things up in Photoshop is pretty much standard practice, however, I believe there have also been screenshots with DX11 rendering which is straight up not available on consoles and shouldn't be advertised as such...

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

So I guess this screen confirms multiple breeds of dogs. Nice

This so far has been perhaps the only useful comment I've seen in this thread. Thank you! 

BananaJo3z
  • BananaJo3z

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

just a mistake

/thread

OGF_
  • OGF_

Chicago Resident

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

This so far has been perhaps the only useful comment I've seen in this thread. Thank you! 

well duh, would be pretty stupid to have only rottweilers roaming around the map.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

I swear that some people on this forum are complete ass hats! In what way shape or form has any of GTA V's screenshots looked like PC graphics? 

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by IchliebeDeutscheland, 06 September 2013 - 09:05 PM.

I swear that some people on this forum are complete ass hats! In what way shape or form has any of GTA V's screenshots looked like PC graphics? 

Previewers stated, that the game on consoles looks like the gameplay-trailers, just with more aliasing. I never noticed aliasing in one of the screenshots, at least, not in the same amount that im used to with RAGE. Many pictures are flawless in this context.

Edit:

http://www.iknowyour...eenshots-03.jpg

Look at the telephone-lines in the background. Even with 2x Antialising it wouldn't look this solid. Telephone-lines without (or with low amount) of aliasing are a great indicator for touched up pics, pc-power or rockstar perfectly improved RAGE on consoles.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

well duh, would be pretty stupid to have only rottweilers roaming around the map.

Meh, I'm too old for this trolling bullsh*t but anyway thanks for stating the obvious! -__-

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Previewers stated, that the game on consoles looks like the gameplay-trailers, just with more aliasing. I never noticed aliasing in one of the screenshots, at least, not in the same amount that im used to with RAGE. Many pictures are flawless in this context.

I think you're getting confused with GTA V's blur effect, not only that if you stretch the screen shots out you can see all sorts of jaggy edges and muddy textures. The graphics don't even look as good as The Last Of Us, which is a PS3 exclusive and believe me I know it's overrated. If they are unannounced PC screenshots, I assure you that it wouldn't have low res textures as presented. It's very current gen, there was nothing next gen about GTA V's graphics. What does impress me though is the fantastic art direction as well as designs that give the illusion that the graphics are better than they look. Art direction is fantastic, however the graphics are nothing that hasn't been done before.  

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Game looks fantastic either way! 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

As long as we don`t have those in the final build, I`m happy.

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

I think you're getting confused with GTA V's blur effect, not only that if you stretch the screen shots out you can see all sorts of jaggy edges and muddy textures. The graphics don't even look as good as The Last Of Us, which is a PS3 exclusive and believe me I know it's overrated. If they are unannounced PC screenshots, I assure you that it wouldn't have low res textures as presented. It's very current gen, there was nothing next gen about GTA V's graphics. What does impress me though is the fantastic art direction as well as designs that give the illusion that the graphics are better than they look. Art direction is fantastic, however the graphics are nothing that hasn't been done before.  

I wouldn't stretch screenshots, because im aware of that. ;)

Yeah, there is nothing next-gen on the screenshots for sure, but there are plenty very well looking screenshots which are to good to be true. I don't want to start an argument about screens are from a pc-version or ain't, it cannot be proven and there are enough topics about it already.

Pausing the gameplay trailers and looking at the screenshots is a great difference. Maybe thats the problem, but then again could be all due of video compression and stuff. I can't wait to see the uncompressed actual gameplay beamed onto my wall. :)

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O

Tell A.W.E.S.O.M.-O all your most personal secrets

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O Likes GTA V but doesn't like this screen shot.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Some of the screenshots look to me like they could be from console, and some don't.  For example:

I could see this being current-gen console: http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/828

But I seriously doubt this is: http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/876

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I wouldn't stretch screenshots, because im aware of that. ;)

Yeah, there is nothing next-gen on the screenshots for sure, but there are plenty very well looking screenshots which are to good to be true. I don't want to start an argument about screens are from a pc-version or ain't, it cannot be proven and there are enough topics about it already.

Pausing the gameplay trailers and looking at the screenshots is a great difference. Maybe thats the problem, but then again could be all due of video compression and stuff. I can't wait to see the uncompressed actual gameplay beamed onto my wall. :)

No not at all, I wasn't trying to start an argument, I just find it mind boggling that some people assume these screenshots are PC. I mean the pictures are taken from 720p, so I would imagine it would be no different to the GTA IV's screenshots/gameplay which look fairly the same to be honest. I withhold my judgement until release to see if this is the case. Loads of people claimed GTA IV's screenshots were bullshots even though they weren't, so I'm taking this with a pinch of salt this time round. Can't wait to play :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users