Quantcast

» «
Photo

Respectolution!

188 replies to this topic

Poll: Respectolution! (168 member(s) have cast votes)

Complete removal of the respect system in GTAF?

1. Yay!!! (114 votes [67.86%])

Percentage of vote: 67.86%

2. Nay... (54 votes [32.14%])

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Looks like GW has got Foleyphobia. :p

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Entitled Asshat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

As a suggestion for Admins, take a look at how OperationSports handle "Likes". Any user can "Like" a particular post; those likes then appear at the bottom of said post, and nowhere else. It doesn't seem to add up to a "reputation" that anyone would see right below their names on topics not related to liked posts.

Here, look at post #4. http://www.operation...ion-9-99-a.html

Yes, and I knows that's implementable because another forum that uses IP Boards does the exact same thing, only with 'Beans' (it's a game food).

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

I just want this like feature to be replaced by the previous Respect feature because it's more relevant to the main subject of the forum.

/2c

• Tacymist likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

Agreed. Rather it be 'Respect+' than Like. Maybe they will bring it back. Though I think the main problem was people complaining about the visible likes under ones name.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:48 AM Edited by AndyGanteks, 16 September 2013 - 07:51 AM.

Agreed with the above.

If possible, reset everyone's to 0 in profile once it's finalized and we're good to go.

Or have Respect+ button, remove the number from profile and make the r+ for individual posts only.

Or completely remove it. :p

Well, whichever it is, anything's better compared to how we started with that random number showing in posts.

• Hodgey. likes this

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by brian., 26 September 2013 - 05:17 AM.

What? Why you want take the likes Andy? :'(

I think it is really a great too to let people thank each other without constantly having to post to do it, and also a good way to promote people doing their best.

I am the best I've ever been. I'm rated a 3 here. It's true. I am nowhere near a 5 yet. Seeing that 3 stars, makes me want to get it raised to 4. Seeing those 125 likes on my profile, it makes me more loyal to the site and enjoyment of the people who give me the time of day and read my posts.

If there an objective reason for not wanting that system? It's like, Respect+ button was awesome, felt official. Like is "ok" and works fine I guess, but it feels cliche. It still serves the purpose and encourages me individually to be an upstanding member (and that kind of says a lot, under the table :p) and also has helped me to express that I like someone else's content without adding a useless post whenever there was nothing else to say.

I have definitely had myself and seen around the forums a marked decrease in one off "thanks" or "great post!" posts around. The only time I see that anymore, they tend to come with other content of their own in there too. That's gotta be helping the server, no?

Has a lot of benefits, for users, for server, maybe even more invisible ones. How come people don't like it? Anyone, essay me <3 

But, I will run through the first couple pages to look for counterweights to this post, I'm sure there are some, no one is going to dislike it for no reason right?

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O

Tell A.W.E.S.O.M.-O all your most personal secrets

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

It's okay. My respect isn't that high, i'm not complaining.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Agreed with the above.

If possible, reset everyone's to 0 in profile once it's finalized and we're good to go.

Or have Respect+ button, remove the number from profile and make the r+ for individual posts only.

Or completely remove it. :p

Well, whichever it is, anything's better compared to how we started with that random number showing in posts.

Why would you want all of your 912 respect/like points to disappear? We put alot of work into that for you as we respect/like you that much. It would be a shame and waste of time if it was to be set back to 0.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

If it gets the 'respekz' feature gets reseted, Antagonista/Foley will have a heart attack, so it's best if we leave it alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users