Photo

Rockstargames Secrecy

26 replies to this topic
najstronics
  • najstronics

Flibbertigibbet

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hi everyone im foreign so I apoligize in advance for my poor english writing skills.

Here's the deal, GTA V has been in the works for 5 years now, and in those 5 years, hundreds( if not thousands) of people dealt with sensitive information related to GTA V. 

Now we know that not every organization is "leak" proof, take of example the U.S. military, all it took was a simple soldier to create the most embarassing leak of information known to mankind... (I know it happened from different causes, still an example)

But I digress, my question is, how is it that RockstarGames prevent leaks from happening? Isn't it amazing that between hundreds of workers not ONE leaks say a simple photo of the map? just a quick snapshot of the hud?

How is it that they do this? Does anyone here have any inside information regarding this issue? Thanks

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

They keep them tight on a leash and check their movements 24/7 

• GTA564 likes this

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

dont have an answer to your question

but your english is excellent. no need for the disclaimer

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

Friendly player

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

They have to sign contracts to say they wont leak anything

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Perhaps its becuase they take pride in their work. Perhaps its becuase i love what they have created and what everyone, worldwide to access it at the same time.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Hi everyone im foreign so I apoligize in advance for my poor english writing skills.

Here's the deal, GTA V has been in the works for 5 years now, and in those 5 years, hundreds( if not thousands) of people dealt with sensitive information related to GTA V. 

Now we know that not every organization is "leak" proof, take of example the U.S. military, all it took was a simple soldier to create the most embarassing leak of information known to mankind... (I know it happened from different causes, still an example)

But I digress, my question is, how is it that RockstarGames prevent leaks from happening? Isn't it amazing that between hundreds of workers not ONE leaks say a simple photo of the map? just a quick snapshot of the hud?

How is it that they do this? Does anyone here have any inside information regarding this issue? Thanks

Loyal employees. It's hard to get a job at Rockstar Games so once your in, you don't want to go.

• Edward-Is-A-Flunky45 likes this

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Yeah it's pretty impressive, especially during the internet age while everyone has a camera in their pocket.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well done contracts, love for company and obedient people i think

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

because if they get caught they're in big trouble

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

The US government is something completely different and prone to that, with thousands of employees and retired people who just want to screw or fix the politics. Rockstar Games is a gaming company with hundreds of loyal employees who don't want to lose their job. An NDA specifically says that if you violate it, you will not be able to work in the gaming industry anymore, as the breaching of your NDA will be in your "profile" forever. I don't think any employee wants that.

• gwaha likes this

TheNextGTAprotag
  • TheNextGTAprotag

GTA fiend

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Off topic for a moment. for a foreigner with english as second language, you worded that very well!

harbujahn the great
  • harbujahn the great

SOON....YOU WILL ALL BE HUNTED DOWN IN LOS SANTOS !!!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Off topic for a moment. for a foreigner with english as second language, you worded that very well!

better than most english speaking users on here 

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

As already mentioned, your English is better than most native English speakers on this forum including myself haha. NDAs and security is probably the answer to your question. Every employee has to sign and NDA, and according to one of the reviews on Glassdoor, security at Rockstar Games is pretty tight.  Apparently there are cameras everywhere and things like chat and emails are scanned and read. I once worked for a design studio in London that had similar security measures in place (except for the CCTV cameras) and this company is tiny in comparison to Rockstar so it doesn't sound farfetched at all.

• najstronics likes this

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

It's called loyalty. Loyalty gets you far in life and most of all I believe they go by the no snitching code which is brilliant.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Loyalty my azz

They have the names and addresses of all employee family members and put them through rigorous brainwashing for the first 2 years, turning them into robots that do nothing but make GTA games. 

najstronics
  • najstronics

Flibbertigibbet

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

As already mentioned, your English is better than most native English speakers on this forum including myself haha. NDAs and security is probably the answer to your question. Every employee has to sign and NDA, and according to one of the reviews on Glassdoor, security at Rockstar Games is pretty tight.  Apparently there are cameras everywhere and things like chat and emails are scanned and read. I once worked for a design studio in London that had similar security measures in place (except for the CCTV cameras) and this company is tiny in comparison to Rockstar so it doesn't sound farfetched at all.

The NDA stuff sums it up for me. It makes a lot of sense since R* must obviously spend a lot of money monitoring everything and everyone inside their instalations. As for the english part, in my head it always sounds as Im writing something wrong but I will keep the disclaimer part at a minimum then xD thanks for the answers

• Troll_Hunter likes this

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Loyalty my azz

They have the names and addresses of all employee family members and put them through rigorous brainwashing for the first 2 years, turning them into robots that do nothing but make GTA games. 

You sound dumb as hell.

Jenia
  • Jenia

I pee like HowToBasic.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Another companies should learn things that Rockstar does to prevent leaks.

Pellegrini
  • Pellegrini

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Simple, because there is no GTA V. It's all just one big publicity stunt by Rockstar and Take-Two

• najstronics likes this

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Illuminati.jpg :lol:

• najstronics likes this

Jordiath
  • Jordiath

∆ for ∆pple

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Because R* and T2 probably have such good lawyers, and they would sue you so badly for breaking the contract by leaking something.

M-B
  • M-B

A dope trailer is no place for a kitty.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

I seem to remember reading about a ex R* employee being fired a few years ago for some information he leaked about the early progress of GTA 5. Some of which was massively wrong. Some of which was spot on.

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

upon getting hired at rockstar you must lie in a coffin & chant a secret oath that swears you 2 secrecy.

if you break that oath - the coffin awaits you & balls [or boobs] depending on gender will be mysteriously set on fire. simple solution: love your job & dont say anything.  :ph34r:  

• najstronics likes this

Cristy2k
  • Cristy2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Imagine yourself working for Rockstar . Now , would you do anything to hurt your preffered games company ?! I say i wouldn't , maybe you'll think the same.

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Wasnt it pretty f*cked up to work at R*?

I can remember a article about it on these forums

Cardiffcitydylan
  • Cardiffcitydylan

Welsh Sheep

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by Cardiffcitydylan, 06 September 2013 - 06:11 PM.

I would have thought they search all the employs for storage devices like USB stick , phones cameras Ect. before they enter R* HQ and when they leave they search them again them to make sure they haven't taken any equipment out of the building like what top secret government buildings do and R* probably make all the employees who work for them to sign a contract staying not to leek in information know one other than R* employs knows but its amazing how they do it.

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Troll_Hunter, 06 September 2013 - 06:55 PM.

I would have thought they search all the employs for storage devices like USB stick , phones cameras Ect. before they enter R* HQ and when they leave they search them again them to make sure they haven't taken any equipment out of the building like what top secret government buildings do and R* probably make all the employees who work for them to sign a contract staying not to leek in information know one other than R* employs knows but its amazing how they do it.

In the company I worked for, USB thumb drives and external hard drives were restricted on Windows/Mac OS — you just couldn't use one even if you tried. I don't know how many employees work at Rockstar North but I'm sure it's in the hundreds and if you think about it, it's just not practical to search hundreads of people when they arrive for work, go to lunch, come back from lunch, go home etc. And what happens if someone decides to stick a USB drive up their ass? LOL. Also, everything that goes into the game, whether it's code or 3D/2D assets, is in digital format so need to take physical equipment in and out of the building. In addition to an NDA, using technology is the best way to keep the work being done secret and prevent employees from leaking information.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users