Taxi Sidemission Question mission Taxi driver GTA III
21 replies to this topic
Bender
  • Bender

Rindfleischettikierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm trying to do the Taxi missions in GTA III. Do you have to do all 100 fares in one run or can you take breaks?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

You can take as many breaks as you want to. The only thing that matters is that you eventually complete 100 of them.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

I believe completing 100 of them at one run would be not only extremely tiring, but also hard to achieve.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Depending on where you did it and at which point in the storyline. The only time no gangs hate you is at the very beginning in Portland isn't it? It probably would be difficult after that as the fares would probably run off in panic if your car got shot at. Otherwise, if you can drive properly I think you will build up the amount of available time quite quickly, and then going to a Pay 'n' Spray wouldn't be a worry. But yes, quite tiring, monotonous and boring after a while. :p

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Doing Taxi at the beginning of the game takes about an hour.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Tycek: I do taxi missions 100 in a row and have no issue, yet it takes about an hour to do (unless you do it a Banshee [COUGH])  but I find the radio stations really pass the time :^:

And, good luck StuntmanDYOM, once you get used to it, it will be easy :)

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

I believe completing 100 of them at one run would be not only extremely tiring, but also hard to achieve.

It's not hard to achieve, it just takes a while. Easy as pie.

Like MrMateczko says it takes about an hour. However not just at the start of the game, pretty much all over I have found it take roughly an hour.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I did it in groups of twenty. Less stress.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

I don't think stress really occurs when doing taxi missions, if you are a good driver and know the city, where is this so called 'Stress'?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:42 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 06 September 2013 - 07:42 PM.

Having to do something - anything - in a limited amount of time can cause stress, no matter how many times you've done it before. Also, if you do decide to go for all 100 in one go, I would start stressing out towards the end because I would start to worry about the game crashing or something like that which would mean I would lose all of that progress.

On the other hand, if you can drive quickly you would be rewarded more time than you would be using up so the more fares you did, the less you would have to stress really. Everybody is different, so just because you don't find something stressful doesn't mean nobody else does.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Having to do something - anything - in a limited amount of time can cause stress, no matter how many times you've done it before. Also, if you do decide to go for all 100 in one go, I would start stressing out towards the end because I would start to worry about the game crashing or something like that which would mean I would lose all of that progress.

On the other hand, if you can drive quickly you would be rewarded more time than you would be using up so the more fares you did, the less you would have to stress really. Everybody is different, so just because you don't find something stressful doesn't mean nobody else does.

I understand your point Andreaz but in reality, the time limit is effectiveness, you don't need to do all 100 in one go so you shouldn't worry about it. Also, 100 in one go is really quite simple once you know the city :)

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I don't think stress really occurs when doing taxi missions, if you are a good driver and know the city, where is this so called 'Stress'?

Yes, but it's a rather long mission. Most are short and sweet. I usually did it in groups as other things take my interest.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (Πvar.ΣΓ01122599)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Taxi missions are enjoyable enough to be completed in one turn, especially if you listen to your own music and complete the mission with your favorite car.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

I always found taxi missions a good way to get used to the map before starting the missions. They're great fun, too :happy:

Be warned, though, the Cabbie is much slower than the actual Taxi.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Taxi missions are enjoyable enough to be completed in one turn, especially if you listen to your own music and complete the mission with your favorite car.

You must be playing by computer, so you can add your own music?

Back in the day on PS2, Playing GTA3 relentlessly, long taxi missions with the repeated radio always got on my nerves.

Now though I appreciate the misic a lot more.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Back in the day on PS2, Playing GTA3 relentlessly, long taxi missions with the repeated radio always got on my nerves.

What do you mean repeated? Change the radio station when one of them has played through once.

And even on PS2 you could use some other device or an MP3 Player to play your own music.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you do the taxi missions before any gangs hate you, then there will be no problem. You do not have to do 100 in a row, either. The taxi missions are really easy to complete if you know the city well.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Even with gangs shooting at you it is pretty easy. Just go to Staunton Island if you are that far and the Columbians (And maybe Yardies if you did King Courtney's missions first) are still no major threat. It doesn't take much time or effort to go to pay and spray to repair.

Of course gangs hating you on Portland is a bit of trouble with the Mafia, they make side missions a bit sketchy. (But in some main missions they use weaker weapons than the shotgun, like in Big n Veiny and Esspresso 2 Go). But the Triad are easy to deal with.

But yeah, Taxi in Staunton Island is really easy. Nice and flat, weak gangs, easier to avoid hitting cops and pedestrians with wide roads that aren't always full.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

What do you mean repeated? Change the radio station when one of them has played through once.

And even on PS2 you could use some other device or an MP3 Player to play your own music.

As in they loop. Yes you can change station but back in the day I played the game to death and knew the stations inside out.

With GTA IV I've found myself turn the radio off completely.

What do you mean, on PS2 you can add music to the radio? Or listen to an MP3 externally?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

As in they loop. Yes you can change station but back in the day I played the game to death and knew the stations inside out.

What do you mean, on PS2 you can add music to the radio? Or listen to an MP3 externally?

I meant externally. And, I played the game a lot as well too but each radio station lasts about 20 minutes, you could leave 10 minutes at the start and end with no radio on and then put on 3 or 4 radio stations in the middle, maybe even ones you dislike/don't listen to as much?

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

I meant externally. And, I played the game a lot as well too but each radio station lasts about 20 minutes, you could leave 10 minutes at the start and end with no radio on and then put on 3 or 4 radio stations in the middle, maybe even ones you dislike/don't listen to as much?

Listening to stations that you don't normally can also positively affect you, by actually causing you to discover a liking for it. In LCS, I hated Radio Del Mundo at one time, but after listening through it, I kinda like it, and think that it's a great cruising station that fits LC perfectly.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

You can make min. 1 max. 99 breaks to complete taxi missions.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users