• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic
GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

There is actually a pretty simple solution to avoid confusion after name changes, just write something like "Previous name: Bull12345Bull (e.g.)" as your custom member title so that on each one of your posts with your new username, users will easily recognise you, since your member title is displayed just below your username.

That's what I'm planning to do, anyways.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

There is actually a pretty simple solution to avoid confusion after name changes, just write something like "Previous name: Bull12345Bull (e.g.)" as your custom member title so that on each one of your posts with your new username, users will easily recognise you, since your member title is displayed just below your username.

That's what I'm planning to do, anyways.

That is a good idea, and that's what I would have planned to do, as well. It is the best way to let everyone know who you were previously.

• GroundZero likes this

Übermacht
  • Übermacht

It means Superior

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

There's a 'See Username History' button on people's profiles, so I think it could be implemented soonish.

And I think something like 1 or 2 name changes a year is reasonable.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

There's a 'See Username History' button on people's profiles, so I think it could be implemented soonish.

And I think something like 1 or 2 name changes a year is reasonable.

The reason that is there is because the software GTA Forums is using (Invision Power Board 3.4.5) already has the name change feature installed as default, the admins have disabled it for the time being but the button is still there (if you get what I mean)

Personally, I'd like to see that button under our usernames instead of in our profile, it'd be good.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

Yeah, I'd like to change my username. I sorta made a mistake with the underscore. And on top of that, I came up with a better name..So uhh..Yeah.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Tommy.

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

If name changes are returning then I think the Admins should put in a rule where you can only change your username once. Saves people changing it every week.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

If name changes are returning then I think the Admins should put in a rule where you can only change your username once. Saves people changing it every week.

OR they can do it like with Zelda Universe where you can only change it once every six months.

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Either option would work. And GTAKid, IP.Board 2.0.0 had the option to change display names. Just the previous versions of IP.Board before 2.0.x didn't.

CandDequals69
  • CandDequals69

To Infinity and Beyond™

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

It would be nice to change my username for obvious reasons. 

Yes it is true. Noobs will overload with name changes, but that is where the admins can implement restrictions as stated above. I usually keep my username the same as my XBL gamertag. 

I changed my gamertag and I want to change my GTAF name to the XBL gamertag name. So yeah, once or twice a year is fine.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

I want to change mines badly.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Either option would work. And GTAKid, IP.Board 2.0.0 had the option to change display names. Just the previous versions of IP.Board before 2.0.x didn't.

I am aware of this, I was just stating the current version due to the situation :pp

Thanks anyway ;)

• NSanityHD likes this

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

There's really no point in everyone continuing to post here just to say they want a name change. We're still in the process of trying to get the forums sorted out and functioning properly, so allowing name changes are not very high on the priority list at the moment. Yes, it's a simple thing to do in the admin panel, but it is a decision that needs to be thought out before it happens, otherwise people are just going to go overboard with it. Just be patient. 

• trip likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users