Buying Gta V And Gta Online Access

online gtav
7 replies to this topic
GTA_VI
  • GTA_VI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

I am thinking of buying GTA V a little later because I just won't have enough time to play it with the program I'm in. I was thinking I'd go the used route in about three months when I'll have more free time, but then I realized that the GTA Online probably can only be accessed with a code you'll get in the game box. I know games like Madden and Assassin's Creed have done this so I'd expect GTA to do the same, especially given how great the online play sounds.

So, do you think it's likely that the online will require a pass code? Trying to decide between pre-ordering it through Amazon now or waiting and possibly saving a few bucks later on. On another note, when is the latest you think I'd be able to pre-order it and still receive it on (or around) release day?

Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

derp

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

GTA Online is free with every copy of GTA V. It'll be activated through a patch(probably 6KB. Like all other unlock codes are) on October first.

• GTA_VI likes this

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

If you buy it later on down the line, GTA Online is already on the disk. All you'll have to do is install the game, get the update, then when it's loaded select the online option and you're away.
  • GTA_VI likes this

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

yeah but to get all the updates and DLC stuff, you're going to have to subscribe to GTA's online pass. Something similar to MP3 online model I'm sure.

GTA_VI
  • GTA_VI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Oh, thanks guys! I had a feeling Rockstar was too cool to do that pass-code crap.

GTA_VI
  • GTA_VI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

yeah but to get all the updates and DLC stuff, you're going to have to subscribe to GTA's online pass. Something similar to MP3 online model I'm sure.

Hmm, I actually waited a long time for MP3 to come out but still haven't gotten around to playing it. How did the MP3 online model work, was it a pass-code included inside the box?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hmm, I actually waited a long time for MP3 to come out but still haven't gotten around to playing it. How did the MP3 online model work, was it a pass-code included inside the box?

I don't remember any code included.

TheScott75
  • TheScott75

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

OK, let's try and clear up some of the confusion here.

Online Passes are codes that some games have in recent years to cut down on used sales by making the pass required to play online. Without a code, you'd have to pay $10 in order to get one to play. Fortunately, online passes are going away, as EA and other companies have abandoned the concept.

Rockstar has never done an Online pass.

A Rockstar Pass is a season pass for DLC content. L.A. Noire ($20) and Max Payne 3 ($30) had these. Buy the Rockstar Pass, and you get all the DLC for one price.

This has not been announced for GTA V. With as much effort being put into GTA Online as there is, we may not see DLC. Or if we do see it, it'll be so far down the road that selling a season pass would do more harm than good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users