Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dan Houser And His Brother Sam Are Geniuses.

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Dan Houser And His Brother Sam Are Geniuses. (144 member(s) have cast votes)

Are the Housers geniuses?

1. Yes. (100 votes [69.44%])

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. No. (11 votes [7.64%])

Percentage of vote: 7.64%

3. How the hell would I know? (33 votes [22.92%])

Percentage of vote: 22.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote
October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:07 AM Edited by October16th, 06 September 2013 - 05:51 AM.

They actually care about making a good game. Dan has been the lead writer for every GTA game, except GTA Advanced; that's dedication.

All of the games they're part of are better than every mainstream game. Only a genius would put all this effort into their work, rather than selling out and focusing solely on profit. 

Geniuses amongst game developers, not an actual genius, if that makes sense. Oh, and remember people; Dan went to Oxford.

• liav114 likes this

RickyD
  • RickyD

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

No and here is why

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Wouldn't call them geniuses .... But very creative

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hell yes :r*:

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Well sort of you could say, though you're a bit overreacting! LOL Don't get me wrong i respect them too, but you praise them to the level, when its very easy to get disappointed in case they decide to change! What if (just imagine it i'm not saying thats going to happen) they'll start to charge for crappy things like everyone else? Would you still say the same as you're saying now about them? I doubt it...so keep that in mind, no one is perfect! And you can't get inside anyone's head and tell for sure what to expect! People are unpredictable!

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Wouldn't call them geniuses .... But very creative

Pretty much this.

sinceGTAIII
  • sinceGTAIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by sinceGTAIII, 06 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

damn you rickyd. damn you all to hell. :-)

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Just because you put effort into your work, does not automatically make you a genius. Its more to it than that.

Anyway, they are "geniuses" just like the many other game developers whose game I enjoy. These people make incredible games that I thoroughly enjoy and have no problem spending my money on. R*/The Housers are not the only ones.

They will always have my respect and I am a fan and a loyal customer when its all said and done.

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

I've been saying since forever that I thought they were geniuses! They are so unlike any other game company.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Somebody trying to get a free copy by brown noseing 

Tyg0903
  • Tyg0903

I build war machines for the greatest nation

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

I wouldn't say geniuses in the definition sense but as far as in the video game industry yeah. What bothers me is that when you really research the industry they and Rockstar I feel do not get the props they deserve. To me there is no contest in the argument of who is the best video game developer company out there. The level of detail and quality of product they make to me is no contest. I hope in the future rockstar uses the hundreds of millions of dollars they make to expand the company and move into more genres of games. I would buy every game I play from them. Could you imagine if Rockstar took over madden or any sports game for that sake?

Video game geniuses but not real geniuses.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

Just because you put effort into your work, does not automatically make you a genius. Its more to it than that.

Anyway, they are "geniuses" just like the many other game developers whose game I enjoy. These people make incredible games that I thoroughly enjoy and have no problem spending my money on. R*/The Housers are not the only ones.

They will always have my respect and I am a fan and a loyal customer when its all said and done.

I'd rather stay loyal only AS long AS they keep on delivering and not raping me! Lets just say anything's possible today! Developers keep disappointing me, even though i'd call anyone who'd try to tell me that once i'll get betrayed by some of them (like Bioware for example) and ripped! So lets just say As long as R* keeps their class by playing fair and square i'll keep supporting them!...

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

i voted yes.

not just because of the game itself, but because of the vision the housers saw when they dreamed of the game & the team they put together 2 create it. like it or not, gtaV is gonna change the game.

being one of the most anticipated games, truly in the last 5 years, 4 me anyway, its amazing how it hasnt leaked all over the internet by now. its under lock & key. not just 2 not be spoiled or exploited, but because this team has worked their asses off 2 put together the best game of their lives. they hope so & i plan 2 feel the same. *stomps off soapbox

stumbows
  • stumbows

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Being a good leader doesn't always mean you're the only talent but surround yourself with it. Honestly the Rockstar company is sooo massive now and there are surely tonnes of very gifted and talented people there. You cannot attribute the complete success and awesomeness to just the Houser brothers.

simstosh
  • simstosh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:22 AM Edited by simstosh, 06 September 2013 - 05:25 AM.

They are awesome and creative guys, but, seriously, I can't say "genious".

At least, for me, Sam Lake is a genious, I mean, Max Payne (1 and 2) and Alan Wake shows how deep the "game writer" can go into a history without turn all the experience into a frustrating / boring thing in some point of the game (many games today have this).

For example, He makes the Alan Wake history really deep, most of the song lyrics of the game have been written by him, and you can get all the "deepness" of the game in the song and all of this makes your head turns upside down, mindblowing, it's bizarre and awesome at the same time. I just can't wait to see what he will do with Quantum Break story.

I think I have been "changed the focus" here, but... nevermind...

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3††O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

What are you....twelve? Memes aren't cool, Rickrolling isn't even relevant anymore.

As for the question at hand, they're very creative guys, a lot better than most of the industry.

Jesus Piece
  • Jesus Piece

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

Two of the most important gaming visionaries of the last 20 years, easily.

mrsurferdude
  • mrsurferdude

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

well yeah, they always deliver, even if you dont like a game o two you have to admit that it is new and fresh. I love it. :lol:

Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

clever, yes, but wouldn't go so far as to say genius.

0casper0
  • 0casper0

Lets go bowling

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Yes  :ph34r:

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I myself wouldn't call someone a genius, Until I actually met them (excluding einstein and sheldon cooper) ;)

October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

I myself wouldn't call someone a genius, Until I actually met them (excluding einstein and sheldon cooper) ;)

Sheldon Cooper...

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:54 AM Edited by R.R, 06 September 2013 - 05:54 AM.

It seems the standard of genius has slipped in recent times.

These days, if you successfully navigate from your bedroom to bathroom without sh*tting all over the floor, and someone sees it, you could potentially be labelled a genius.

Don't get me wrong - everyone at Rockstar do brilliant work, and I hope they continue to do so - but genius really is a bit strong for me.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

It seems the standard of genius has slipped in recent times.

These days, if you successfully navigate from your bedroom to bathroom without sh*tting all over the floor, and someone sees it, you could potentially be labelled a genius.

Don't get me wrong - everyone at Rockstar do brilliant work, and I hope they continue to do so - but genius really is a bit strong for me.

Quoted for true! And besides people seem to forget one thing! Even geniuses make mistakes! So i wonder what happens, where all the support will be when R* announces something isn't cool and GTAish in a core GTA game?! The answer is - it will be gone! Seriously! I've seen a lot of examples like that. A lot of people defended Volition until they ruined Saints Row title by turning it into a massive joke by releasing SR TT! All those, who always screamed Volition will never do that to us, they're geniuses and always please their fans suddenly vanished and instead got replaced with whinny unpleased fans, who do nothing, but bash Volition for what they did to their favorite title! The same is for Bioware! I remember people were saying, that such a masterminds like Bioware won't ever screw neither Mass Effect or Dragon Age franchises! And guess what happened? yeah...Also you even don't get me started onto all the outrages of unsatisfied Duke Nukem fans, when Gearbox literally ripped all their fanbase off, by releasing that abominations, that is DNF!...

gdsaqqq
  • gdsaqqq

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

In the bizarre world of video games, yes. They can be considered "geniuses".

But in the normal sense, they're just your average joe.

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:14 AM Edited by gzam1312, 06 September 2013 - 06:16 AM.

genius for certain

gen·ius  (jemacr.gifnprime.gifyschwa.gifs)

n. pl. gen·ius·es
a. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

How the hell are they geniuses? What they are are creative. If they were never born, some other company wouldve done a similar game. They listen to their fans which is why rockstar is the number 1 game company.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yes. Best brother combo in the business.  :r*:

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Break me a creeper, I'll be back for Christmas

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:17 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 06 September 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Geniuses, in some affective way, yes, but otherwise, of course not. They have talent and ideas to make great games, as simply as that.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Easily two of the most influential people in gaming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users