Photo

Somebody Fix The Font On Here

15 replies to this topic
LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

The topic titles are driving me insane... the font is too goddamn tall and narrow. It's a struggle to reach each word - like it actually hurts my eyes.

Please fix this. Don't even think about replying, save your double clicking energies to click on the "change font" button instead.

Not sure I'm liking the new changes. Ever heard of the old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

PS. What's up with the glowing text on link hover? That's gotta be a waste of resources?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by redx165, 06 September 2013 - 04:35 AM.

The topic titles are driving me insane... the font is too goddamn tall and narrow. It's a struggle to reach each word - like it actually hurts my eyes.

Please fix this. Don't even think about replying, save your double clicking energies to click on the "change font" button instead.

Not sure I'm liking the new changes. Ever heard of the old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I honestly prefer the old system. Sure this one looks nice but it isn't as simple. Too bad we couldn't pick which one we wanted. 

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by Deffpony, 06 September 2013 - 04:36 AM.

We are still tweaking things man. Thanks for your feedback. Let's keep it here though.

http://gtaforums.com...te-suggestions/

Edit: Someone moved

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

http://gtaforums.com...te-suggestions/

There is the proper channel to bitch and whine about what's best for you on the forum.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

It's all about the respect feature now. If you don't have any respect people won't even read your posts.

It's a good way to bypass a lot of the BS. I used to have to read everyone's posts before. Now if you dont have any respect then I won't respect you enough to bother reading your post.

Sorry but im adapting to the new system here if you don't like it then get your respect level up and I might talk to you about it.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 06 September 2013 - 04:41 AM.

There are some things I do like, I will admit. Replying to posts is a lot more functional now the way the interface looks, some elements of the design are a welcome change (the old site was quite outdated) but there are things like glowing links that is not necessary and all these little annoyances add up and just makes the experience a little disjointed in my opinion. Largely, the glowing links and the topic title fonts. Very hard to read. Maybe the glowing links could be an option to turn off somehow?

I think they should have updated the website more than 1 week before V's release, so they could allow time for bugs and fixes, so it's ready for release day.

EDIT: Also, the respect stuff, notifications, profile edits and everything else... is a HUGE improvement. I do commend you guys for that.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

There are some things I do like, I will admit. Replying to posts is a lot more functional now the way the interface looks, some elements of the design are a welcome change but there are things like glowing links that is NOT necessary and all these little annoyances add up and just makes the experience a little disjointed.

They should have updated the website WAY more than 1 week before V's release, so they could allow time for bugs and fixes. Maybe in the downtime for V's marketing so it would have given us something to do and help out with... nobody will give a sh*t now. The new changes will scare people off as it is, and then V will be released, and everybody won't be coming back.

Hmmm yes fixing security vulnerabilities and upgrading to new forum software after a decade is totally a waste of resources. We should focus of making things pretty instead of making sure things don't fall apart like a house of cards. I see the errors of our ways now and I will do my best to make sure the font becomes shorter. And I'll make sure to tell our CSS guy that using hover is a waste of client computing resources.

re: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - you have no idea how broke things were. 

• DisposableUnit likes this

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by Ispintechno, 06 September 2013 - 04:47 AM.

PS. What's up with the glowing text on link hover? That's gotta be a waste of resources?

Just like Max Payne 3.

Seems bloated and harder to read, agreed. Haven't tried this on my smart phone yet... probably bad.

Came into this new layout and said my "signiture retarded". I can tell already the admins or the software is childish.

Welcome to the Baby Einstein/Barney simulator gay point oh.

I hope they did this for traffic reasons and not for a fresh, metro sexual look. I like the old forums better.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 06 September 2013 - 04:47 AM.

anuj, does the hover glow actually chew up more resources than it would without? Don't get me wrong - I do love the look of it and it looks better with the glow than without. I'm just not sure... if people will complain the site is too sluggish, perhaps it could be the first thing reconsidered if it does affect performance of the site.

My biggest and main concern is the topic title fonts however. A little too narrow and congested.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Hmmm yes fixing security vulnerabilities and upgrading to new forum software after a decade is totally a waste of resources. We should focus of making things pretty instead of making sure things don't fall apart like a house of cards. I see the errors of our ways now and I will do my best to make sure the font becomes shorter. And I'll make sure to tell our CSS guy that using hover is a waste of client computing resources.

I'm glad we are on the same page. Let us know when you reset the servers to be like before ;)

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

anuj, does the hover glow actually chew up more resources than it would without? Don't get me wrong - I do love the look of it and it looks better with the glow than without. I'm just not sure... if people will complain the site is too sluggish, perhaps it could be the first thing reconsidered if it does affect performance of the site.

My biggest and main concern is the topic title fonts however. A little too narrow and congested.

It's a CSS attribute that is assigned to links. It places zero stress on our end. Unless you're running some super outdated stuff then your browser isn't even going to notice anything.

Topic title fonts I will admit can look crowded. I don't particularly care for them myself, but we will get this all tweaked out in the following days. Please bear with us as we are all adjusting to this as much as you are.

Hmmm yes fixing security vulnerabilities and upgrading to new forum software after a decade is totally a waste of resources. We should focus of making things pretty instead of making sure things don't fall apart like a house of cards. I see the errors of our ways now and I will do my best to make sure the font becomes shorter. And I'll make sure to tell our CSS guy that using hover is a waste of client computing resources.

I'm glad we are on the same page. Let us know when you reset the servers to be like before  ;)

Seriously? I know this a joke but things aren't going back to the way they were. Being able to deal with a high volume of users is way more important than anything else right now.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:55 AM Edited by Ispintechno, 06 September 2013 - 04:58 AM.

sh*t is easy to read on a smart phone.

I change my mind, like the new forum.

Just need a back to forum button at the bottom of the page instead of hauling ass all the way back up to the top.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

sh*t is easy to read on a smart phone.

I change my mind, like the new forum.

Just need a back to forum button at the bottom of the page instead of hauling ass all the way back up to the top.

I'll send this up the chain.

What phone were you using btw, I'm trying to collect some usage data across mobile platforms

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by Ispintechno, 06 September 2013 - 05:30 AM.

I'll send this up the chain.

What phone were you using btw, I'm trying to collect some usage data across mobile platforms

LG Optimus 3D on 2.2 android. (outdated now I know, service provider doesn't update this phone)

Might have been a phone glitch though, now I get a "back to GTAV" and a "GTA Forums - Grand Theft Auto - GTAV" links at the bottom.

So all good here now via smart phone. I flip back from and forth from laptop to phone as I smoke outside at home.

No idea why it was blank before but it loads in now.

Windows 7 and 2.2 Android happy with the change.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

After all my bitching, I'm starting to warm up to the new layout.

Still find it hard to read the title fonts... but I'm sure things like that will get tweaked soon enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users