Photo

What I Hate About The New Layout

313 replies to this topic
AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Vice

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:20 PM Edited by AceKingston, 06 September 2013 - 01:21 PM.

The new layout is so underappreciated like GTA IV ha ha.

I hate the V section forumers who wanted the forum to be changed and when it does change they say 'Nope, it sucks'. 

@2D: You still have the side panel, just click the little << on the left.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

I also dont like how the "quote box" is not as clear as it was. I know they said they will change this in time so hopefully it will be similar as it used to be.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by finn4life, 06 September 2013 - 01:28 PM.

I hate that everybody is going to be ass kissing each other from now on so they can up their respect / reputation numbers :sui:

Any asskissing I see is going to get a rate down from me. It goes both ways. 
I definitely will not be kissing any ass, and please, to prove the point, feel free to rate me down,do it right now. I implore you! 

• AceRay likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

Any asskissing I see is going to get a rate down from me. It goes both ways. 
I definitely will not be kissing any ass, and please, to prove the point, feel free to rate me down,do it right now. I implore you!

You cant really rate down Finn, all you can do is take respect away from a post that you have previously respected.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by Raavi, 06 September 2013 - 01:30 PM.

I couldn't agree more in regards to the 'respect system', it is nothing more than an open invite for spam.

• Nights744 likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

BAS3D

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by mr6plow9, 06 September 2013 - 01:31 PM.

My first reaction to the GTAF TwopointO: "Stone me bloody crows... Where am I?" Gonna wait a couple days/weeks before passing judgement because I know there is still more work to be done.

Edit: I've already seen people asking for respect in their sigs and member titles. I don't know if I should laugh or shake my head.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by finn4life, 06 September 2013 - 01:31 PM.

You cant really rate down Finn, all you can do is take respect away from a post that you have previously respected.

Oh I see. Yeah, I was thinking the stars on my profile is a rating of me from 1-5 and anyone can select that, obviously not.

Also, It seems Ninja Editing is no longer a function, at least not currently.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Edit: I've already seen people asking for respect in their sigs and member titles. I don't know if I should laugh or shake my head.

Let me guess - in the V section?

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

A transition like this would always be a bit painful, and it will certainly be tweaked in the future. In due time. I'll try to shoot, in an orderly manner, some suggestions I think would improve the look and feel of the forums and we will all just power on through normally.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Oh I see. Yeah, I was thinking the stars on my profile is a rating of me from 1-5 and anyone can select that, obviously not.

Also, It seems Ninja Editing is no longer a function, at least not currently.

Sorry it seems that people can rate you by using those stars, i was more talking about if you "Respect+" a post that someone makes. You cant give that negative respect without giving it respect first, if you know what i mean.

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Vice

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I couldn't agree more in regards to the 'respect system', it is nothing more than an open invite for spam.

Yeah, you guys should check the Yardies topic, MobBg or whatever his name is, is simply spamming around everywhere for respect. It would be better if it was replaced by medals or it was turned into something like the report system, where the member gives a reason why the post is respect worthy and the mods approve it.

MobBG
  • MobBG

Makin' Bacon.....

• The Yardies

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Missing this old bud already.
http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

• 4thosebout2rock likes this

deepthroatgta6
  • deepthroatgta6

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 06 September 2013 - 01:36 PM.

It would be better if it was replaced by medals or it was turned into something like the report system, where the member gives a reason why the post is respect worthy and the mods approve it.

Then members will spam complaining why the moderators didn't approve the respect he/she/it deserved.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

BAS3D

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Let me guess - in the V section?

aWinner.gif

I know it's an attempt to deter people from spamming and maybe even get them to post more meaningful replies, but in the end it's just going to turn into a popularity contest (if it hasn't already).

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, you guys should check the Yardies topic, MobBg or whatever his name is, is simply spamming around everywhere for respect. It would be better if it was replaced by medals or it was turned into something like the report system, where the member gives a reason why the post is respect worthy and the mods approve it.

I think the last thing that the mods need is a respect system where they have to review 1000's of posts a day to see if it is worth of respect or not. Best thing to do is to get rid of the "Respect" system completley.

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Vice

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Then members will spam complaining why the moderators didn't approve the respect he/she/it deserved.

Then the mods can be bring back the medal system. Where at least you had to earn it.

deepthroatgta6
  • deepthroatgta6

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

The only thing I hate about the new layout is the wasted right side. Everything else is fine, both on my laptop and my phone (50 posts per page is too much for my phone though).

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Then the mods can be bring back the medal system. Where at least you had to earn it.

Excatly that was a decent system but at the same time it felt like the same people just got medals time and time again. I think if you had a middle ground between the "Respect" system and "Medal" system then that would be the best of both worlds.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 06 September 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Eh I'll get the hang of it. Not sure why transparency isn'tt working in my avatar. I too miss all the forum links on the side. I reckon members names should be above their avatar and in a bigger text size too.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

This member title is 100% renewable

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 06 September 2013 - 02:57 PM.

I wonder if ME tags still work.

[me]is crazy[/me]

EDIT: Yep. I really hate the new look.

EDIT2: Found a BBcode switch...

[me]is still crazy[/me]

EDIT3:Yep. The greatest BBcode ever was removed :dozing:

And WTF? " :ph34r: " Why????? :cry: :cry:

deepthroatgta6
  • deepthroatgta6

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

No more ninja editing? :(

• El Zilcho and nbgta_4 like this

wolfy boy
  • wolfy boy

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Personally i like the new layout, having said that i do miss the old layout, but i feel i could get used to this fairly easily. I'm sure problems can be fixed 

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

It looks like sh*t, and why the hell do I have to scroll down to the end of the page to leave a reply?

Try using the 'END" key, which is a quick way to the bottom.

deepthroatgta6
  • deepthroatgta6

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 06 September 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Try using the 'END" key, which is a quick way to the bottom.

Not possible on a phone browser.

There is a "Reply to this topic" button on top.

• nbgta_4 likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

This is what I've been saying since the new layout went up, 

Please get rid of it admins. It isn't going to be any good for the forums. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

I still don't see how it matters much. It's just a toy and is completely harmless. I feel that most people are overreacting to the respect thing.

It would be cool to see join dates, though. There's space for it underneath.

• GTA3Rockstar and Rebel like this

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• Leone Family Mafia
  • European-Union

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

I think the worst part of it all is lack of a sidebar - quick navigation is rendered impractical.

A return of text wrappers would be nice actually, is that possible?

• The Yokel and orbitalraindrops like this

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

Tank Hankerous

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

you can get the sidebar back by clicking 2 little arrows on the left hand side of the screen.

• Hodgey. likes this

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I think the worst part of it all is lack of a sidebar - quick navigation is rendered impractical.

A return of text wrappers would be nice actually, is that possible?

There is a side bar. It's just hidden initially. 

fWRpxyX.png

Click on the arrow I have circled, it should be fairly easy to find. 

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

The Void

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

The Background color, it needs change. Maybe more dark, and I don't understand why they took out the medals ? :/

• stu likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users