In-Game Text/chat

Keyboards etc
26 replies to this topic
JamesGTAV
  • JamesGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Has it been confirmed whether or not there will be in-game text or chat?

I really, really hope this feature is in, though I doubt it.

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Rookie Of The Year

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

I rather communicate through headset.

JamesGTAV
  • JamesGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

True, but sometimes it's pretty convenient to be able to text. Like when your bluetooth is charging.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:07 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 September 2013 - 03:09 AM.

I have a headset. Not owning one of those PS3 small keyboards it would be really not ergonomic of me to type anyway.

And if it`s charging, well, I guess I`ll just be a mute, since writing does take too long... if anything, a fast "I`m not a dick, don`t shoot on sight - follow to bank" for my random crew, but, other than that, well...

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 06 September 2013 - 03:44 AM.

A text chat would be a good thing. Especially with random players.
I would like to see it too, but I doubt it will be in, as it's "on console"... so console players don't know how or don't need to type I guess ?

It doesn't seem too hard to code. And could be very very useful.

EDIT : Proximity voice chat too ! (example : DayZ) I don't want to have to "call" a random player if he's standing right next to me like in GTA IV.

I don't know how it will be, I hope improvements on the communication as well.

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

I prefer headsets on consoles.

No one would type fast enough for it to be useful.

On PC perhaps, if it ever reaches PC of course...

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

Founder Sons of Anarchy AU Crew

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by Sons Of Anarchy AU, 06 September 2013 - 05:50 AM.

True, but sometimes it's pretty convenient to be able to text. Like when your bluetooth is charging.

Or when you have screaming kids running around, is why i dont use a mic. So i hope theres in game text chat.

In terms of not typing fast enough i would invest in the keyboard for PS3 

Cyb3rslug
  • Cyb3rslug

Dat Auzzie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

Or when you have screaming kids running around, is why i dont use a mic. So i hope theres in game text chat.

In terms of not typing fast enough i would invest in the keyboard for PS3

In all honesty I don't think many people would bother getting a keyboard out to type, most people who want to communicate just use a mic now days anyway. It not like they cost much.

I think maybe it would pay off to have a command wheel type thing similar to battlefield maybe? So you would bring it up and have things such as, "cover me", "I need a lift". And these could be displayed in a text type chat to the side of the screen. Quick and effective haha.

That's just and idea though.

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Or just get rid of the kids so i can use a mic lol 

In all honesty I don't think many people would bother getting a keyboard out to type, most people who want to communicate just use a mic now days anyway. It not like they cost much.

I think maybe it would pay off to have a command wheel type thing similar to battlefield maybe? So you would bring it up and have things such as, "cover me", "I need a lift". And these could be displayed in a text type chat to the side of the screen. Quick and effective haha.

That's just and idea though.

Cyb3rslug
  • Cyb3rslug

Dat Auzzie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

Or just get rid of the kids so i can use a mic lol

Ah yes the children online. Hmmm, that's why my crew is made up of 18 and over people. Guess we'll just have to mute, avoid and kill the youngens....
It sounds horrible but we all know it's true hahaha

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

whats your crew? mine was established for Max Payne 3 but just booted 174 traitors to prepare for GTA V. i think it would be hard for me to manage the age of members now that i still got 150+ left

-Hurry-up
  • -Hurry-up

WOFP

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Its have been confirmed !!!
In a interview with leslie benzies

Cheers !!

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

I want chat from GTA IV (from PC).

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Its have been confirmed !!!
In a interview with leslie benzies

Cheers !!

Source ? Quote ? Please.

Strani
  • Strani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

I won't be using a mic myself as it's simply not compatible with my surroundings. If there are more people planning to play GTA:O without mic I'd like to hear from them. Members of a 'no mic' crew could always agree to keep an IRC window opened on their computer, assuming it's close to their TV.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

I myself would prefer to avoid using voice chat.  I don't like talking to the likes of people with mics; most people I run into are either stoners or kids.  And I don't care to tell people about the one time I ran into this kid who sounded like he was mentally insane :whuh:

When I play, I'd prefer an in-game chat or some sort of a chatroom on my PC.  A TCR in PSN takes too damn long, especially without a keyboard that I can hook up to my controller.  So if I wanted to chat with people, I'd go on something like Skype and talk to people that way.  I'd voice chat with friends and crew, but not with some random assholes like all the kids that shouldn't be playing the damn game in the first place.

@Strani,

Just another reason I prefer to not use a mic.

• Strani and Sons Of Anarchy AU like this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Other reasons.

First, random people you meet, they're not all from America or english language countries. Many of them (like me .-. ) can easily type english but hardly speak out english.

And second, again in my case, my internet connection sucks, I can't have my PC connected at the same time as I'm playing Online, so I can't have skype on or something similar.

An in game chat takes long to type with (on PS3 at least), but it's ALWAYS better and welcome.

JamesGTAV
  • JamesGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

I can't see why plugging in a keyboard would be difficult. We should be pretty used to it by now.

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

I myself would prefer to avoid using voice chat.  I don't like talking to the likes of people with mics; most people I run into are either stoners or kids.  And I don't care to tell people about the one time I ran into this kid who sounded like he was mentally insane :whuh:

When I play, I'd prefer an in-game chat or some sort of a chatroom on my PC.  A TCR in PSN takes too damn long, especially without a keyboard that I can hook up to my controller.  So if I wanted to chat with people, I'd go on something like Skype and talk to people that way.  I'd voice chat with friends and crew, but not with some random assholes like all the kids that shouldn't be playing the damn game in the first place.

@Strani,

Just another reason I prefer to not use a mic.

hear hear! you can join my crew and play with me as i wont have mic either :) wont get kicked cause i am the kicker :)

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Worked like a charm in MGO (Metal Gear Online), so I sure do hope it's a feature

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

People with speech issues aside - there should be a special downloadable version of the game, infact every game for people afraid to communicate with other human beings.

Most of you guys are the most talkative people on earth.. in text on web forums. As soon as it comes to speaking out loud, or over a headset, all you hear is heavy breathing and mics viscously switching to mute

Strani
  • Strani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

People with speech issues aside - there should be a special downloadable version of the game, infact every game for people afraid to communicate with other human beings.

Most of you guys are the most talkative people on earth.. in text on web forums. As soon as it comes to speaking out loud, or over a headset, all you hear is heavy breathing and mics viscously switching to mute

That's a strange conclusion based on practically no information other than the fact that some of us don't like to use headsets to communicate in videogames.

By the way, this is the first time ever that I've seen someone accuse others of being anti-social for not wanting to talk to other gamers through headsets. World turned upside down here. I'd rather communicate through chat and when I want to talk to people I'll just go outside and..you know.. talk to people.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

That's a strange conclusion based on practically no information other than the fact that some of us don't like to use headsets to communicate in videogames.

By the way, this is the first time ever that I've seen someone accuse others of being anti-social for not wanting to talk to other gamers through headsets. World turned upside down here. I'd rather communicate through chat and when I want to talk to people I'll just go outside and..you know.. talk to people.

Well I generally don't speak to other random players in games. Especially in a game like GTA, to say what ? We aren't friend we won't talk for 3 hours, and I don't want to take my headset for that. Yes, lazyness lol

Last time I was playing GTA TBoGT multiplayer, someone sent me a message asking me if I had a mic. I replied yes but no, I didn't wanted to use it or to talk to him. He started insulting me in a very immature way... :dontgetit: wtf
So, that just prove I was right to not talk to him. It didn't worth it.

Lot of people are just like that, I'm not bothering myself to hear them cry or insulting others.

But an in-game chat can be handy / useful at times, cause sometimes you need to communicate with other players or/and with the whole lobby.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Generally the demographic in question are oblivious to conclusions being projected about them.

Strani
  • Strani

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Generally the demographic in question are oblivious to conclusions being projected about them.

You make that quite clear about yourself, indeed :)

Again: Not liking to talk to people through gaming headsets isn't usually considered a sign of inability to speak to other people. If you think it is, you may have spent too much time in your room staring at a screen lately.

JamesGTAV
  • JamesGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

You make that quite clear about yourself, indeed :)

Again: Not liking to talk to people through gaming headsets isn't usually considered a sign of inability to speak to other people. If you think it is, you may have spent too much time in your room staring at a screen lately.

Exactly. I would not have gotten to where I am in life if I had an issue with communication. Do you ever think that maybe people have other humans in their place that may not want to hear them shouting into a mic all night? Or maybe I might prefer to talk to my girlfriend while I play?

What she has to say is probably far more interesting than what some 14 year old online has to say.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:46 AM Edited by Deadly Target, 08 September 2013 - 12:46 AM.

Probably only on the PC version like previous Rockstar games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users