Neogaf Ign/r* Bashing

97 replies to this topic
Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

That's what sites like IGN are paid for. I think it's normal and okay. I never go hard on game reviews, sometimes a game gets a bad score and I still enjoy it alot.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Kudo ...not really. V REALLY has improved on a lot of gameplay mechanisms. Nothing too OTT in the preview at all. Christ !.. V IS that good. Its like praising the Godfather or Pulp Fiction, hyperbole has its place when the subject described IS the best example of its medium. Can anyone point out a game better than V in regard to depth , general playability. Oh I havent played it yet ?..well hypothetically , given what we have seen ...V deserves a 10 no doubt.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by LaDispute, 06 September 2013 - 07:56 AM.

u gotta admit. those IGN articles about V are cringeworthy 

edit: actually, after reading the posts in this thread, they are also pretty cringeworthy and some of them are even ironic ( hint : the few posts above mine)

Irony doesn't count when your defending something.

These are just instigated responses at fault of the extremely "assholish" people over at NeoGAF. (not all)

What i posted is the "example" of their irony.

slash3584
  • slash3584

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

The only reason they made a topic about it it's because it is GTA V and Rockstar.

I mean the article really seems like a PR stunt but IGN has a exclusive week coverage they're not gonna waste any line to give praise. They could tone it down, but to me it sounds like a GTA fan playing a new GTA for the first time.

I've been following that topic, and most of the people there didn't even read the article they just saw the title and entered to flame on IGN and R*.

I find it funny that if this same article would have been released for another game like  Mario Kart the reception would be totally different. Double standards are the single worst thing in any forum, but in Neogaf there seems to be a "Cool to hate" list, and since GTA IV, R* and GTA itself are at the top of the list.

I really can't take Neogaf as seriously as they pretend to be when some of  the users keep saying stuff like  "Bioshock Infinite is the worst game of the gen" or "Red Dead Redemption is the most boring and depressing sand box game i've played".

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

it is a trend to hate everything that is succesful/popular/mainstream

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:14 AM Edited by BlackNoise, 06 September 2013 - 08:15 AM.

I don't know or care about any of these publications and their opinions of other publications, but it's f*cking annoying when developers/publishers pay or make any type of deal when it comes to reviews/previews of their games. 

If you're confident in your work, just be straight up and allow everybody to review your game without any side bullsh*t. This is the one aspect that still sucks about the video game industry. When a certain publication gets early access or some type of special treatment, it just seems too much like politics.  :dozing:

Symbiote Venom
  • Symbiote Venom

We Are Venom

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

it is a trend to hate everything that is succesful/popular/mainstream

Hipsters what can you do

Neogaf hates everything I avoid that place like a plauge

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Rockstar is not the first company that provides exclusive content in return of high acclaim. And yes, they did it with GTA IV as well, turned out to be a great deal for both IGN and Rockstar. It's an industry people, deal with it.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 06 September 2013 - 09:15 AM.

The hate is mainly at just how ridiculous IGN is with how they're describing elements of the game. To say that they're being hyperbolic in their writing is a severe understatement. A lot of what they've said is downright cringe worthy.

hit the nail on the head. so far this whole "gta v week" appears to be nothing but ign lauding over how good it is without giving much reason. 'sum of all peers' was complete dick-sucking filler.

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Och, so what if they were paid to review the game, it's not like this has never happened with another game before. I am still buying GTA 5, I even liked GTA 4, yes it was a little over hyped and had its problems, but it is still a good game to me. 

For anyone sitting on the fence over getting GTA 5 or not they should (if they care for such things) wait for player made reviews. You would get a better (less biassed, or at least an unpaid) opinion of the game.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

I check that forum out every now and then and guess what, it's full of soft, little dick, hipster, feminist, pussy nerd warriors that have wet dreams about a Mexican tranny becoming prseident of the United States Of America and if they had it their way gay rights week would become a national holiday in place of Christmas, they're a bunch of f*cking weirdos.

Plus their favorite type of game is Japanese manga bullsh*t, so basically little 10yr old girls dressed up like whores running around f*cking up green goo monsters with special lighting attacks, they think it makes them cool, they're really justa bunch of sad losers hating on people actually living in 2013 instead of 1999, f*ck EM' GTA V will end up selling close to or over 40million if it comes out on Next-Gen as well as current gen, NEOFAGS don't represent normal human beings, their hate means nothing to R*.

• j.hunt and MrcTOtheJ like this

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

I check that forum out every now and then and guess what, it's full of soft, little dick, hipster, feminist, pussy nerd warriors that have wet dreams about a Mexican tranny becoming prseident of the United States Of America and if they had it their way gay rights week would become a national holiday in place of Christmas, they're a bunch of f*cking weirdos.

Plus their favorite type of game is Japanese manga bullsh*t, so basically little 10yr old girls dressed up like whores running around f*cking up green goo monsters with special lighting attacks, they think it makes them cool, they're really justa bunch of sad losers hating on people actually living in 2013 instead of 1999, f*ck EM' GTA V will end up selling close to or over 40million if it comes out on Next-Gen as well as current gen, NEOFAGS don't represent normal human beings, their hate means nothing to R*.

ignoring everything you just said. neogaf are actually a very high quality forum, free of trolls (mostly), and bustling with intellectual people who have very worthy opinions.

if you had actually read the neogaf thread, you would find that 70% of them were hating on ign, not rockstar. 

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

ignoring everything you just said. neogaf are actually a very high quality forum, free of trolls (mostly), and bustling with intellectual people who have very worthy opinions.

if you had actually read the neogaf thread, you would find that 70% of them were hating on ign, not rockstar. 

High quality manure for sure I agree they should all go plant themselves in the ground where they'd be useful. As for them hating on IGN and not R* you're wrong they're hating on IGN for bussin nuts over how good they think GTA V is without even playing the game themselves, even after all the amazing screens and trailers we've gotten and all the amazing groundbreaking stuff R* are putting into this current-gen game they still hate on R* because like I already said they're a bunch of f*cking weirdos.

Market Basket
  • Market Basket

Come f*ck with me you know I dont got gta 5. :/

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

People on NeoGAF have said they'll boycott GTA because they have paid real gangsters to record their voice.

NeoGAF sounds like a bunch of children 

Restrictive
  • Restrictive

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:46 AM Edited by Restrictive, 06 September 2013 - 09:48 AM.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=669497

To sum it up, they are bashing IGN for their allegedly "paid" preview on V, and they pretty much demonizing Rockstar too for "paying" publications "just liek teh did for GTA IV". Is it the new trend to hate a virtually amazing game for no obvious reason? Just saying, i didn't see the same reactions on overhyped previews for TLOU/Bioshock Infinite.

But i guess hatin' GTAV is the newest type of "i'm core gamer and i don't give a sh*t about mainstream games".

Well DUH isnt it obvious.

You really think R* would let them continue there "Week of GTA" If the preview was in any part negative?

Lmaoo its obvious practices that have been happening for years, If IGN suddenly pointed out negative elements R* would pull their dea with IGN.

People on  here at licking rockstars nuts to even realize shoddy practices in the media, same goes for other companies.

Happens with a lot of "major" games.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

lol neogaf. Who gives a sh*t about that piece of sh*t forum..

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:18 AM Edited by kudoboi, 06 September 2013 - 10:20 AM.

This. NeoGaf is one of the biggest forums on the internet. Many well known people in the gaming industry are on that website. It is also mostly free of trolls due to their extremely strict rules and guidelines. People get banned for all sorts of small reasons and you need a paid email account to even register on the site. Not to mention that it takes 6 months or more( at least for me) to even get accepted. Because of how big it is, there is a thread for everything and there is also a huge amount of positive and negative posts in every thread. GTA V isn't the only game getting the bad remarks, look at the Watch Dogs thread or literally any other game. 

• ASIAN LAWYER likes this

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Sounds like they are up their own arse Kudo.

datboishad
  • datboishad

realisitic boob physics!!!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

sound like haters

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

I post over at NeoGAF, and it's a great forum most of the time.

But there are some developers and/or series that they just can't stand and irrationally hate. Unfortunately, Rockstar is one of them. I'll never understand it. So much bullsh*t and misinformation over there about R* and GTA. So honestly, save yourself the headache and completely disregard anything they say about GTA V.

It's just like any other forum when it boils down to it. It has it's good moments and it has it's bad moments, personally don't see why we're giving it a second thought, would we if the same arguement posted here I wonder? But since it's NeoGAF it's instantly worth discussing? Eh, I personally couldn't give a sh*t what they, or hell even IGN thinks could they have been paid off in some way? Who knows very well could have been, but who cares just look at the previews and reviews and their contents and have the good sense to be able to spot the opinions and conjecture, and forumulate an opinion on what you think of the game on your own, that simple really.

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

NeoGAF, from what are people are saying, is a elitist PC gamer forum that hates the present day and still stuck with Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and the 1980's.

I have to agree with the points however (No offense to NeoGAF forum members on this forum), due to the fact that the people on NeoGAF literally jumped on the bandwagon bashing IGN for being "paid" while bashing Rockstar at the same time for "paying" the reviewers. Since they hate the Mainstream media in the 2000's and early 2010's, they consider that the present day is terrible and want to comfort themselves in the past, since they can't stand present.

I'm not saying that ALL NeoGAF forum members are elitist, I'm just saying that the real elitists are trying to bring down the good side of the forum due to their whining on "PC Graphics" and "Paid Reviews". Its that stupid how many people can be so close-minded on a forum that a simple minority can be the center of attention while the majority is pushed to the side. :whuh:

ProTrainFollower
  • ProTrainFollower

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

NeoGAF, from what are people are saying, is a elitist PC gamer forum that hates the present day and still stuck with Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and the 1980's.

I have to agree with the points however (No offense to NeoGAF forum members on this forum), due to the fact that the people on NeoGAF literally jumped on the bandwagon bashing IGN for being "paid" while bashing Rockstar at the same time for "paying" the reviewers. Since they hate the Mainstream media in the 2000's and early 2010's, they consider that the present day is terrible and want to comfort themselves in the past, since they can't stand present.

I'm not saying that ALL NeoGAF forum members are elitist, I'm just saying that the real elitists are trying to bring down the good side of the forum due to their whining on "PC Graphics" and "Paid Reviews". Its that stupid how many people can be so close-minded on a forum that a simple minority can be the center of attention while the majority is pushed to the side. :whuh:

Thought Neogaf was the place that had loads of Sony employee's post on it.

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by kmanmx, 06 September 2013 - 11:13 AM.

I don't think IGN are being particularly over dramatic in their previews. The guys doing the previews of it are likely as massive fans as V as we are. Just think of all the posts and replies everytime we see new gameplay footage or hear about a new features, it's always "Oh my god, it's amazing, this is going to be game of the generation" - and that's just our reaction to a trailer. Now sit down with the game for the first time and play it for 4 hours and then come and do a write up. A write up on a game we have been waiting for many, many years for. I think there would be a tendency for highly dramatic language.

If the game really does have the best bits from GTA IV, Max Payne 3, RDR, Bully, MCLA plus a load of new stuff on top - then yes, perhaps it is deserving of such language. Those games are fantastic in their own right, put them all together and you get something special, quite possibly one of the best games of all time. I tend to think best game of all time contenders deserve such language. 

• rohra likes this

rohra
  • rohra

ROHRA

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

If i worked hard for 5-6 Years day in and out & spent millions to build a product that i have a passion for and that i trust in.... i Would probably pay an agent to write good stuff about it on their medium.. its only normal to advertise your product in any way possible... the important catch here is that if your product was crap and you did it just for $ then people would only hate you.. BUT if its actually awesome people don't mind.. so my question to you is did you hate gta 4 ? did you hate san andreas ? did you hate vice city ? did you hate red dead ? THEY WERE ALL PERFECT GAMES..great games..great creativity and passion.. I loved those games..Paid reviews OR not..!! Even if neogaf gives a 7/10 or IGN gives 10/10..im gona know the worth for myself when the game comes out...PROBLEM is we give a lot of importance to that NUMBER on the rating.. ask yourself honestly within your heart if you love the game ! AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS...and ROCKSTAR NEVER DISSAPPOINTED FOR ANY GAME

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by GTA Adicted, 06 September 2013 - 11:22 AM.

I was surprised by the fact IGN gave V a 10/10

Normally they only give 10's to CoD (which they are getting paid for)

Other than that ING blew it last year with their R* bashing and the very dumb guys in the videos naming *new* features that already were old GTA features and stuff. (We see CJ running in the first trailer, yeah right... get you head out your a$$)

Those guys really don't know what they are talking bout

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Until they got any real source about this it's false. :die:

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

I wouldn't say IGN is any worse than most gaming publications. Sure they give crazy reviews to games like CoD which barely change, but for most of the time, I agree with their scores on the majority of games they review. And if you agree with their scores there is not much to complain about. 

I'm one of the few people that thought IV was fully deserving of a 10/10 and I preferred it to any GTA game prior to it. 

TrapWizardBitch
  • TrapWizardBitch

BITCH I MIGHT BE

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Bitch please

DjDark
  • DjDark

Prime Mover

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Dude, you lost me at 'neogaf'.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

To be honest GTA IV did score higher reviews than it deserved.

But the point some neogaf users are missing regarding these previews, is that sites like IGN get their money from site traffic. GTAV is one of the biggest releases that you'll find, and if IGN sh*t all over it in their preview, they simply won't be given the chance again to preview a R* game next time.

So R* aren't throwing cash at people like IGN for good press, the press just write favourable things in order to get access.

However, so far there's no reason to believe that these previews are misleading. By this point with GTA IV, we already knew the game was smaller and had less things to do than SA, even before it was out. This time, GTA V actually looks like it holds up to the praise it's been getting.

• AceHigh11 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users