Photo

Neogaf Ign/r* Bashing

97 replies to this topic
mosaicbrandon
  • mosaicbrandon

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

Today's IGN GTA V content was a damn joke. It was all common sense stuff that even Rockstar had already stated in previous interviews about GTA V. IGN even changed the headline in the schedule to not include the word hardware because they realized it was misleading.

CarRamrod224
  • CarRamrod224

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

Directly or indirectly. They could give a early review right and/or build, which will result in more hits for the site, which will get more Google hits, which will get them more publicity and/or views, which equals money. Indirect money, from an early preview. And/or a paid "IGN with GTA 5 theme".

Either way, entirely irrelevant, since journalism isn`t what it used to be in general, so gaming journalism can`t be better, but it can be infinitely worse. Still irrelevant, as everybody should make up their own mind, not read the author`s opinion.

Agreed.  People also need to keep in mind that reviews are subjective.  Someone may think that game X is solid gold and I think its a load of crap.  

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Agreed.  People also need to keep in mind that reviews are subjective.  Someone may think that game X is solid gold and I think its a load of crap.  

spot on

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

They are "hating" on IGN, not on GTA V.

This

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 06 September 2013 - 03:35 AM.

>implying we should care what neogaf says.

• GTAFan20 likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

:sui:

Static_
  • Static_

Goon Squad

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

with all good things must come hate, I really hope GTA V outsells everything this year, even CoD, and I like CoD LOL.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:09 AM Edited by + Dragonjack +, 06 September 2013 - 04:09 AM.

That site should be taken down, I think.

I honestly never been there - through my time.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

I really don't care if r* has paid them or not. What difference does it make? The articles may not have any new info, but I really enjoy all the praise.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Whether they are paid or not doesnt really matter to me. Their descriptions are the only thing worth paying attention too. At the end of the day its about contect and if you cant see past a fanboy or payed of preview then you are a bit gullible. 

Case by case basis

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

What I think is funny is how IGN's completely changed their attitude about the game.  I remember from an earlier preview by IGN, they were almost degrading the game.  Now they can't seem to contain their gushing praise.

FUBAR1991
  • FUBAR1991

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

A good friend once told me you can't spell ignorant without IGN.

I wonder how much money R* is giving them?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by zainzombie, 06 September 2013 - 04:29 AM.

What I think is funny is how IGN's completely changed their attitude about the game.  I remember from an earlier preview by IGN, they were almost degrading the game.  Now they can't seem to contain their gushing praise.

Lol I noticed that too, there definitely is some sort of a deal between the two and I'm glad there is, no matter how much IGN sucks they still have A lot of readers, and the last thing GTA v needs is one of the biggest game news websites against them.

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Neogaf has this superiority complex because people hold them to be more knowledgeable than general forum-goers. They were always such snobs and they feel that everything that is "mainstream" is garbage.  They talk all day about Pokemon, card games, and games from the 80's. For all I care, they can stop pissing in people's cereal and just enjoy their dumb superiority nerd frats. 

• Tilemaxx likes this

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Haha. I hope GTA's massive success critically and financially continues to piss them off for years to come. May it keep them up at night.

If they sit around and complain about something like this instead of actually doing something enjoyable, the jokes on them.

• Tilemaxx likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

All I saw was someone CORRECTLY point out IGN'S ridiculously over the top gush fest. I believe GTAV is going to be everything we could hope for, but the wording used by IGN to describe certain elements of the game DID sound way too hyped. The fact is, NO respected journalist would expect people to trust a review if they got PAID for it.

That brings up another question. Why would Rockstar pay ANYONE to preview a game? It doesn't make any sense. That sounds like something a developer would do if they thought they had a turkey in their hands, and needed some positive marketing help from a big name like IGN doing a preview. That's OBVIOUSLY not the case here, but it's still puzzling.

The Neogaf post was absolutely correct to point out that IGN'S article sounded like hyperbole that came directly from Rockstar themselves.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

The guys over at neogaf are a bunch of elitist babies IMO

• GTAFan20 and TaviColen123 like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

So people are forgetting a couple of months ago, when IGN were being attacked for daring to say the graphics were less than absolutely perfect?  Did Rockstar pay for that too?  Anyway, could someone tell me why we should care about what another forum thinks about anything? 

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

This is the first I've ever heard of Neogaf, so I don't know if they are "elitist" or not. I only read the post regarding IGN'S preview, and solely based on THAT, I didn't see anything out of line with the assessment of IGN'S preview. That's coming from someone who concurs with IGN'S "opinions".

It's strange, but even though I believe all the hype about GTAV, i'm STILL uncomfortable with IGN getting paid by Rockstar. It's UNETHICAL.

SuccessPastaTime
  • SuccessPastaTime

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

To me, it just seems like these are the type of guys who think Zelda or some older Nintendo game is the greatest game ever made, and forever will be...

Don't get me wrong, those are classics, but you've got to accept the fact that a game whos core gameplay component is jumping on turtles and grabbing gold coins really can't compare to modern games.

Jesus Piece
  • Jesus Piece

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by Jesus Piece, 06 September 2013 - 05:25 AM.

I post over at NeoGAF, and it's a great forum most of the time.

But there are some developers and/or series that they just can't stand and irrationally hate. Unfortunately, Rockstar is one of them. I'll never understand it. So much bullsh*t and misinformation over there about R* and GTA. So honestly, save yourself the headache and completely disregard anything they say about GTA V.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by DP Man, 06 September 2013 - 05:28 AM.

Neogaf hate everything, it's worth bringing up that most of the posters there are PC gamers too that have a vendetta against Rockstar at the moment. Just look at any GTA V thread, it's filled with PC elitism. 

I post over at NeoGAF, and it's a great forum most of the time.

But there are some developers and/or series that they just can't stand and irrationally hate. Unfortunately, Rockstar is one of them. I'll never understand it. So much bullsh*t and misinformation over there about R* and GTA. So honestly, save yourself the headache and completely disregard anything they say about GTA V.

Listen to this. Everytime we get new screens or trailers, it's just pages full of "THIS ISN'T CONSOLE, CONSOLES ARE WEAK AND ONLY PCS CAN HAVE GOOD GRAPHICS/PERFORMANCE1!!!!1!!!!"

Jesus Piece
  • Jesus Piece

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Neogaf hate everything, it's worth bringing up that most of the posters there are PC gamers too that have a vendetta against Rockstar at the moment. Just look at any GTA V thread, it's filled with PC elitism. 

That's a good point. The mods there are mostly PC gamers and so it shows in the sorts of posts they allow.

If you complain about a game being only on PC over there and wish for a console game, you'll get banned fairly quickly for what they call "port begging".

But if a game is coming to consoles and not PC? People will complain about it until the end of time without a peep from the moderators. It's a massive double standard.

There's also a recent movement against anything big budget or triple AAAv overe there for some reason. You'll see GAF members posting about "AAA garbage" or "cinematic trash". GTA sort of represents everything that elitist GAF hates I guess.

• DP Man likes this

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

That's a good point. The mods there are mostly PC gamers and so it shows in the sorts of posts they allow.

If you complain about a game being only on PC over there and wish for a console game, you'll get banned fairly quickly for what they call "port begging".

But if a game is coming to consoles and not PC? People will complain about it until the end of time without a peep from the moderators. It's a massive double standard.

There's also a recent movement against anything big budget or triple AAAv overe there for some reason. You'll see GAF members posting about "AAA garbage" or "cinematic trash". GTA sort of represents everything that elitist GAF hates I guess.

Double standards suck. It's okay for their PC gaming community to sh*t up the GTA V topics with port begging or hate, but if we say something like "I wish this would come to console one day, it looks great!" it's a crime and we're hung for it. 

True that, all they seem to do is circle jerk over Dark Souls and any game like that.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:25 AM Edited by LaDispute, 06 September 2013 - 07:32 AM.

Over at the NeoGAF forums.

Hey guys bought a new deck of pokemon cards, frothing so hard right now!

Hey guys, The Last of Us reviews are so paid hahah lol it looks like minecraft, im going to go play zelda on my $2000superpc.

Hey guys, everyones getting excited for GTAV what asshat's, anyway has anyone got that RARE YUGI0HHH CARD!!! omfg324234.

Hey guys, that games too good to be on consoles haha 'releases on consoles looks amazing' pfft meh not a game i would buy looks like a game from the 80's, (goes and plays emulated nintendogame).

That's how delusional they are over there, anything that look's good that they can't have they immediately have to make up false information to why it can't be when it clearly is, apparently no one is allowed good games but they are. 

• DP Man and Twiggy123 like this

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:35 AM Edited by GKP, 06 September 2013 - 07:36 AM.

I had never read the Neogaf forums before. Pretty shocking opinions shown there ! - talk about a lack of biased debate. These forums ARE mainly positive , but when a user brings up a valid point of criticism - debate is started and generally its not a bad place. Hating on a game like V is pretty ridiculous given its MASSIVE success. The breadth of V is literally unparalleled in gaming history and will likely only ever be surpassed by VI. The PC forums 'elitists' on here at least appreciate V's inherent strength on ANY platform , neogaf is like reading some ultra right wing racist forum bashing a race through total ignorance. Disgusting.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:36 AM Edited by kudoboi, 06 September 2013 - 07:40 AM.

u gotta admit. those IGN articles about V are cringeworthy 

edit: actually, after reading the posts in this thread, they are also pretty cringeworthy and some of them are even ironic ( hint : the few posts above mine)

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

So, to the people at NeoGaf, because a review was written well by an author who liked the game means it was written by Rockstar who bribed IGN to put it up? As a writer, I have to say that it was just a well written piece and that the author was already a fan of the series. But, the folks at NeoGaf, being the elitist c*nts they are, seem to disagree. 

This all boils down to one thing: Grasping at straws.

People need to just relax and wait for the game. They can either buy it or not, but they shouldn't try to stir up sh*t to f*ck with other people who are easily fooled.

GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

I rather be on GTAForums than Neogaf, lol.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Don't be too hard on them. It takes some serious effort to be a hipstroll.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users