Photo

Neogaf Ign/r* Bashing

97 replies to this topic
Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by Tilemaxx, 06 September 2013 - 02:59 AM.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=669497

To sum it up, they are bashing IGN for their allegedly "paid" preview on V, and they pretty much demonizing Rockstar too for "paying" publications "just liek teh did for GTA IV". Is it the new trend to hate a virtually amazing game for no obvious reason? Just saying, i didn't see the same reactions on overhyped previews for TLOU/Bioshock Infinite.

But i guess hatin' GTAV is the newest type of "i'm core gamer and i don't give a sh*t about mainstream games".

• AtomicPunk, datboishad, Backfire6 and 1 other like this

Majestic123
  • Majestic123

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Everything is a conspiracy on the internet 

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by DarkFalcon95, 06 September 2013 - 02:56 AM.

"Stop praising something I hate for no reason!"

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

I think it cheapens the review when the product makers pay the reviewer to give a review. But overall I don't care because I don't go by their opinions when choosing my games. I prefer real honest opinions not clouded by money and free stuff.

LovesGTA
  • LovesGTA

GTAIV > GTAV

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

The hate is mainly at just how ridiculous IGN is with how they're describing elements of the game. To say that they're being hyperbolic in their writing is a severe understatement. A lot of what they've said is downright cringe worthy.

• GRINCH ASS BITCH and AndreyK like this

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=669497

To sum it up, they are bashing IGN for their allegedly "paid" preview on V, and they pretty much demonizing Rockstar too for "paying" publications "just liek teh did for GTA IV". Is it the new trend to hate a virtually amazing game for no obvious reason? Just saying, i didn't see the same reactions on overhyped previews for TLOU/Bioshock Infinite.

But i guess hatin' GTAV is the newest type of "i'm core gamer and i don't give a sh*t about mainstream games".

WTF, some people don't like the company that made GTA V and that means that everyone hates GTA V? Be more careful about posting flame-war material stuff.

Lugermorph
  • Lugermorph

Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

They are "hating" on IGN, not on GTA V.

• TheJLC likes this

JamesGTAV
  • JamesGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

That's business bitch.

CarRamrod224
  • CarRamrod224

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

GTA 5 is utter trash and anyone who says otherwise must be paid.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Thank god. I dont like how IGN writes those GTA articles but Neogaf are a bunch of ignorant elitists. They still doubt that GTA5 will run smooth or look nearly as good as in the Gameplay Trailers
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by GM Inc, 06 September 2013 - 03:06 AM.

the ign guys seem very excited.......just like us

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

Rockstar allow exclusive previews as to not saturate the market of GTA info.

CarRamrod224
  • CarRamrod224

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Thank god. I dont like how IGN writes those GTA articles but Neogaf are a bunch of ignorant elitists. They still doubt that GTA5 will run smooth or look nearly as good as in the Gameplay Trailers

Does any game look as good or smooth as the trailers?

TheJLC
  • TheJLC

Hiding from the Police in the Police Station

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

They are "hating" on IGN, not on GTA V.

This.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by Tilemaxx, 06 September 2013 - 03:13 AM.

WTF, some people don't like the company that made GTA V and that means that everyone hates GTA V? Be more careful about posting flame-war material stuff.

I didn't say that. But as you can see, a good portion of the comments be like "GTA IV was sh*te and R* payed them all" and "it's gonna be the same with V", to me this is extremely irritating and saddening. I don't believe R has paid any major publication for GTA IV, because then i need to state the same for ND/Sony, Activision, EA, etc. It's just major publications are doin' fan service and catering the fanbases for ALL major franchises/devs.

It's just atrocious of how many elitist pricks screwing around trying just to spoil everything positive around R*/V.

poppacap10
  • poppacap10

Some Random Dreadhead Dude

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

Its called 'hipster gaming'

LovesGTA
  • LovesGTA

GTAIV > GTAV

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

the ign guys seem very excited.......just like us

The excessive gushing over the most basic game elements (shooting, for instance) is beyond anything I've seen from any GTA fan here or on any other site. This is what I'm referring to:

I could feel the sensation rip through my hands as they shake. Flashes accompanied the sound of death, steering directly into the hearts of my foes. Each bullet was accompanied by the calming 'ping' of the bullet casing hitting the ground, almost Newtonian in execution. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and when that action is death, corpses quickly litter the streets. 30 bullets, many dead. My hands are still shaking

I mean, really? 

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

The latest IGN articles about GTA V feel vaguely poetic. Which is only a positive, as IGN usually is about as bland as it gets. Besides let's be honest here guys - no single self-respecting gaming website is gonna bash GTA, the single most anticipated game of the last 4 years, they'll look like idiots if they were to do that. Neogaf are just a bunch of twats, who don't appreciate a good thing when it's right in front of them.

rozay
  • rozay

Player Hater

• Members

People on NeoGAF have said they'll boycott GTA because they have paid real gangsters to record their voice.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 September 2013 - 03:14 AM.

Paid or not paid, it`s irrelevant anyway, as judgement should be done first-hand and not "He said, she said, they said". 

We either buy GTA 5 on good faith that R* isn`t going to screw us over, or we wait until Sept 17th and watch youtube, to decide if this is the game we`ve been waiting for, or it`s time to let it go.

tl;dr: Is it paid? Probably; most likely yes. However, it is entirely irrelevant to me, since I have no stakes in their battle.

• CarRamrod224 likes this

justin428
  • justin428

Costanza!!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Paid? Wow

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

The excessive gushing over the most basic game elements (shooting, for instance) is beyond anything I've seen from any GTA fan here or on any other site. This is what I'm referring to:

I could feel the sensation rip through my hands as they shake. Flashes accompanied the sound of death, steering directly into the hearts of my foes. Each bullet was accompanied by the calming 'ping' of the bullet casing hitting the ground, almost Newtonian in execution. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and when that action is death, corpses quickly litter the streets. 30 bullets, many dead. My hands are still shaking

I mean, really? 

'journalists' do write like that i see it all the time when they describe stuff

CarRamrod224
  • CarRamrod224

Rat

• Members

Paid or not paid, it`s irrelevant anyway, as judgement should be done first-hand and not "He said, she said, they said". 

We either buy GTA 5 on good faith that R* isn`t going to screw us over, or we wait until Sept 17th and watch youtube, to decide if this is the game we`ve been waiting for, or it`s time to let it go.

tl;dr: Is it paid? Probably; most likely yes. However, it is entirely irrelevant to me, since I have no stakes in their battle.

Which basically every major studio does yes?  Pays for some good reviews.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by Tilemaxx, 06 September 2013 - 03:16 AM.

I mean, really? 

Yes, it's extremely corny, and just like i said i loathe pretty much everything about IGN. However, my problem is in GAF's mentality.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

They should be ashamed they still visit that site, let them talk lol.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Does any game look as good or smooth as the trailers?

Gears, RDR, GTA4, the older GTAs, battlefield and many more...

R* isnt Ubisoft... and everyone who says that the game will not look nearly as good is ignorant. Obviously trailers are edited a bit, but these people act like we are getting another Coloniel Marines drama..
  • LaDispute likes this

ODDI
  • ODDI

Mmm look at all that paper!!!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

I didn't said that. But you can see a good portion of the comments be like "GTA IV was sh*te and R* payed them all" and "it's gonna be the same with V", to me this is extremely irritating and saddening. I don't believe R has paid any major publication for GTA IV, because then i need to state the same for ND/Sony, Activision, EA, etc. It's just major publications are doin' fan service and catering the fanbases for ALL major franchises/devs.

It's just atrocious of how many elitist pricks screwing around trying just to spoil everything positive around R*/V.

Well that's just some folk not all.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

IGN sucks it's plain and simple. They just recycled old info except for the single player hands on..tomorrow will be lame as well i have a feeling

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

Which basically every major studio does yes?  Pays for some good reviews.

Directly or indirectly. They could give a early review right and/or build, which will result in more hits for the site, which will get more Google hits, which will get them more publicity and/or views, which equals money. Indirect money, from an early preview. And/or a paid "IGN with GTA 5 theme".

Either way, entirely irrelevant, since journalism isn`t what it used to be in general, so gaming journalism can`t be better, but it can be infinitely worse. Still irrelevant, as everybody should make up their own mind, not read the author`s opinion.

• CarRamrod224 likes this

DCxMoneyxMurdaz
  • DCxMoneyxMurdaz

TrapGod Capo C3L3BRiTy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

It's IGN what did you expect?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users