Quantcast

» «
Photo

Map Size Comparison Through Different Pictures.

27 replies to this topic
ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

I'm not sure if this has been posted, if it has I'm sure it will be new to some people. It gives a good idea on the approximate size of the city.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Really???

• NickatNite89 likes this

modshateme
  • modshateme

Their wives, girlfriends, & daughters love me.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

Well.... that was gay!

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

Idk, the part where you see the blueprint map and the character switching screenshots overlayed on it makes it look ridiculously small. Same goes for the cul-de-sac and highways with the colored lines overlayed.

I know the countryside makes the map huge by comparison to past games, but I can't help but feel like the city itself is going to be much smaller than the map from GTA 4.

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

Idk, the part where you see the blueprint map and the character switching screenshots overlayed on it makes it look ridiculously small. Same goes for the cul-de-sac and highways with the colored lines overlayed.

I know the countryside makes the map huge by comparison to past games, but I can't help but feel like the city itself is going to be much smaller than the map from GTA 4.

I agree. The more evidence I see, the more I'm convinced the map is smaller than I hoped for. The really disappointing thing is how few roads there are in Los Santos. I'm sure the city will be fun and interesting but it is by no means "big". Especially by modern video game standards.

datkillaREZ
  • datkillaREZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

its gona be small. but still a good game with alot of sh*t to do.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

lol @ people saying the city of Los Santos itself was going to be bigger than the entire map of RDR.

It's not even going to cover as much area as the northern border of RDR tbh.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

lol @ people saying the city of Los Santos itself was going to be bigger than the entire map of RDR.

Who said anything about RDR?

I said Los Santos is going to be a lot smaller than GTA 4's map. And I get the feeling this is 100% truth.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

I said Los Santos is going to be a lot smaller than GTA 4's map. And I get the feeling this is 100% truth.

Who said anything about you? Why did you feel that post was directed towards you?

Someone feeling a little guilty about their initial assessment of the map's size?

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Los Santos is only SLIGHTLY smaller then the whole GTAIV map! I'm not sure where you got this "A LOT SMALLER" bull from!...

Blasterm
  • Blasterm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Omg, have you played the game already?

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

WTH is wrong with quoting system on this site?! Ever since design changed weird crap happens! :| I cannot post a single quote without getting myself screwed...

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

I'm sorry, but what is this video showing us?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by DaRkL3AD3R, 06 September 2013 - 05:25 AM.

Who said anything about you? Why did you feel that post was directed towards you?

Someone feeling a little guilty about their initial assessment of the map's size?

How's about, who said anything about RDR like I f*cking pointed out?

Until you opened your f*cking mouth, NOBODY said anything about red dead.

In fact, your post is the first time you even find RDR in the f*cking thread.

Now get the f*ck out.

Also as for my implication that Los Santos will be "A LOT SMALLER" than GTA IV's map, here's my reasoning: GTA 4 is just one big ass city. But it's not even THAT big. Dan Houser said "Los Santos is about the same size as Liberty City in GTA IV." Do you see the marketing lingo here? Liberty city, as in not including Alderney. That's f*cking small as sh*t.

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

I've heard it's either slightly smaller or slightly bigger. Eh it's one of the two. Either way I don't mind because the entire map is bigger than any other GTA game so I can't complain.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:26 AM Edited by ArcaneKnight, 06 September 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Omg, have you played the game already?

No, and even if I did, i'd get banned, so I wouldn't tell you anyway.

But from what I've seen from trailers/gameplay clips and screens of the map, I can just already tell it was blown out of proportion.

I bet I could drive through Los Santos on a straight away and get from one side to the other in less than 60 seconds. You could never do that in any game that R* has EVER created. But it's looking like you're going to be able to do it in this one.

October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

I'm not sure if this has been posted, if it has I'm sure it will be new to some people. It gives a good idea on the approximate size of the city.

Advertising your sh*tty video. It looks like a kid made that video. Aspergers?. 

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 06 September 2013 - 05:34 AM.

There've been threads that have discussed this very topic. It is generally assumed that Los Santos city proper is probably going to be about the same size as GTA IV's map (water not included), if not slightly larger. I don't know where one of the main threads for this topic is; however, people extrapolated on either the tennis court pic or highway widths and used that as a scale to predict the map size.

I'm not stating any facts here, I'm just pointing out that this video may very well underestimate the urban size. It seemed to me that the video was doing more eyeballing than anything else.

metallipunk
  • metallipunk

Shine on you crazy diamond!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

I sure am glad that there are so many f**king experts on this forum. Everyone knows what they are talking about. How about wait until the game drops on the 17th and then we will all find out how big or small LS is. Jesus people....

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

How's about, who said anything about RDR like I f*cking pointed out?

Until you opened your f*cking mouth, NOBODY said anything about red dead.

In fact, your post is the first time you even find RDR in the f*cking thread.

Now get the f*ck out.

Also as for my implication that Los Santos will be "A LOT SMALLER" than GTA IV's map, here's my reasoning: GTA 4 is just one big ass city. But it's not even THAT big. Dan Houser said "Los Santos is about the same size as Liberty City in GTA IV." Do you see the marketing lingo here? Liberty city, as in not including Alderney. That's f*cking small as sh*t.

He never said anything about excluding Alderney, so thats an assumption out of your ass! Besides i find this kind of logic weird as hell! GTAIV is said to be set in Liberty City and Alderney is a part of Liberty City, no matter of what technically counts!

NigelThornberry
  • NigelThornberry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

No, and even if I did, i'd get banned, so I wouldn't tell you anyway.

But from what I've seen from trailers/gameplay clips and screens of the map, I can just already tell it was blown out of proportion.

I bet I could drive through Los Santos on a straight away and get from one side to the other in less than 60 seconds. You could never do that in any game that R* has EVER created. But it's looking like you're going to be able to do it in this one.

dean-what-gif.gif

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by chitoryu12, 06 September 2013 - 05:43 AM.

There have been many comparisons of size. The more reliable ones (where the people who made them actually indicated their scale) show Los Santos to be approximately the same size as the entirety of Liberty City (yes, including Alderney; don't be pedantic about terminology to try and justify your position) when you remove water from the equation. Some show that the outlying areas of Los Santos, like the outer suburbs and docks, lie slightly outside the Liberty City area.

I've actually gone and timed myself driving and flying through Liberty City and San Andreas, which you can find in the "Road Trip" topic as was updated just yesterday. It takes about 4 minutes and 37 seconds to drive a Schafter from one corner of Liberty City to the opposite corner and 5 minutes and 54 seconds to go from a corner of San Andreas to the opposite corner on a Sanchez. It takes 1 minute and 5 seconds through flight to cross Liberty City on the same route and I think it was 1 minute and 37 seconds in San Andreas. I should emphasize as well that I was slowed down by San Andreas lacking GPS to give me an efficient route, and my Sanchez was far slower than the GTA IV Schafter.

If it took less than 60 seconds to go straight through Los Santos, it would be smaller than any city in GTA San Andreas.

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Why is that video in here? We know what the map looks like. :sui:

b1baller
  • b1baller

It's Just a Fourm.. Its Not That Serious

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

I like this video, it shows the scale of the map, and helps the "worried" people out there and proves and how big it actually is.

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

I now know just how retarded most of my fellow forum patrons are. GTA V small? 60 seconds to cross the city? Go play your precious San Andreas and let us enjoy V. 

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

Advertising your sh*tty video. It looks like a kid made that video. Aspergers?.

Not my video, my channel is ZombCreations. Good try though.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

People saying it's gonna be small are just blind. -_-

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

People saying it's gonna be small are just blind. -_-

No, people who say that just eyeball the map and they just don't seem to understand that is a terribly way to determine size. "Someone's feeling" about the size of a map is almost always wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users