Quantcast

» «
Photo

The New GTAForums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
980 replies to this topic

Poll: Like or Hate (523 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new update?

1. Yes (199 votes [38.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.05%

2. No (210 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

3. Undecided (42 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

4. Indifferent (19 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Waiting Until Bugs are fixed (53 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

Vote
jhakai
  • jhakai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

The mobile version needs a jump to page link somewhere.
  • SMG likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

They are still here. See? :catloaf: :catspider: :breadfish: :panic: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :zZz: Just press the smiley face

Problem is I don't see a smiley face.
  • SMG likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

After reading all of the above posts it would seem that the new 'gtaforumsdotcom' thread layout resembles the 'lcpdfrdotcom' forums layout. Yes, it will take some getting used to.

Cheers. :)

• SMG likes this

Secura
  • Secura

Var

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 06 September 2013 - 03:44 AM.

f*ck me. I have been working on my screenshot database for a week, but the tables tags are gone.

Anyone know how to do tables now???

I was toying around with them earlier, but yeah they're definitely different, even the older, quoted posts seems broken and disjointed.

Overall I like switch over, I appreciate the work that Tank and Adam put into making this happen, but I do prefer the older style of forum. It had an atmosphere, a sense of charm, but as it has already been stated this is just the first step of many. I'm sure that many cosmetic changes and fixes will follow in the coming days and weeks, and that things'll get back to normal.

• SMG and Moth like this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Just A Stupid Kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Okay. I'm ready. Here goes why I hate this new layout.

The old GTA Forums was a site that I learned like the back of my hand for nearly 3 years. I could navigate up and down and all around and know exactly what I'd get when I clicked a link. Now I feel I need ninja percision to be able and click page numbers. I REALLY hate how the "Go to last unread" icon has been taken away from the page. That was a tool I'd come to rely on to quickly reply to a topic that I posted in. Speaking of that, it's hard to tell if you've posted in a thread now.

To the left of posts used to be a wide variety of information. Username, Avatar, Title, Busted Stars (If you had them), Join Date, and Group in that order. Half that stuff is now gone, and has been replaced with a Respect Counter? That's a bad idea, we already have enough ego maniacs on this site without a respect counter. When I saw the old format for the left side of posts, that's how I identified members without even needing to look too hard at their username. It feels so empty there now.

Also, no more gif avatars? Really? That's lame

I barely ever used mobile to view GTAF, but when I did I had no issues with the old layout. Load times were quick, post times were quick, my only issue was typing but that's just my own personal issue with little keypads. I don't see how this new layout will help that.

This site is basically my home on the interwebz. Not Facebook, not Twitter, this is where I spent a lot of my time. In fact:

a6bfb0ca5bb7a2da435c0222383ce86b.png

This is the site I've most frequented alongside YouTube for almost 3 years now. And now that this forum looks like any other you could find on any other site, any other gaming community, any other location. The old format set GTAF apart from all those other forums and felt a lot more special with loyal fans and never ending discussion. I feel part of me left with the old layout and may cause me to leave completely Okay, probably not but still.

That is all.

• SMG and TheEpsilonist like this

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Damn it's much harder to identify who is who here.

I'm also missing the joining date under the username. Also, I don't like this respect system. A post from Mockage some pages ago explained it perfectly. I'm missing those old school medals.

This empty space in the right needs to be filled with something. Maybe enlarge the posts?

The signatures need to be centralized correctly. 

I'm not a huge fan of this color scheme; it looks pale. The new banned is cool, but I really miss the old characters from past GTAs there. Like some have said, it seems that this is a GTA V forum now, not a GTA Series based forum.

At first I said it looked strange but familiar at the same time. I appreciate and congratulate you guys for the effort, but it doesn't look like GTAF no more. 

• SMG and Antagonista like this

StarFyer
  • StarFyer

Whatever Man

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

I like the new updated look of the forum. Good job guys! :^:  :cool:

• SMG likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:47 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 September 2013 - 04:27 AM.

Seems as though Mods etc. don't have their names highlighted anymore in the users reading topic list, members list. Unless I'm mistaken.

Was nice to be able to easily identify what section they were in.

For example:

Kirsty

Ryan

Miamivicecity

• SMG likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Why does it say I'm offline?
  • SMG likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 September 2013 - 03:51 AM.

That reminds me. The lightbulb icon near our names. We can't tell if someone is online or offline anymore. (To my knowledge)

• SMG likes this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Film Director

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

No offense to the people that worked hard but, its not good.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

When  I hoover over your name it says your online for me..

• SMG likes this

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by loony979, 06 September 2013 - 03:53 AM.

I don't mind the new layout it's nice & new ,I had to redo my Avatar = Very easy now ...

:) :) :)

• SMG likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

That reminds me. The lightbulb icon near our names. We can't tell if someone is online or offline anymore. (To my knowledge)

i always thought that was a skull

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

When  I hoover over your name it says your online for me..

Cool, thanks. When I click my name it said I was offline.
  • SMG likes this

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by DP Man, 06 September 2013 - 04:00 AM.

Not really diggin' it that much after all. I was looking forward to V2 for a few years but I really do prefer the old layout.

Honestly, I'd go back to the old layout and give users more options that we really want/need such as username changes at will etc. Also the Respect system isn't a great idea, it'll get abused quite easily. We had it before and it was removed because of that.

• Antagonista likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

Cool, thanks. When I click my name it said I was offline.

Yeah it seems be like that. If you look at yourself, it tells you, that you are offline. Guessing that is bug?

And can you guys please fix pasting into the reply box? I hate this new system.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Not liking how you can't have the same avatar you had, like i had Johnny Klebitz avatar and I wouldn't mind having it back

• SMG likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

What happened to the little boxes at the bottom of a persons post that had their gamertag/PSN ID?
  • SMG likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Not liking how you can't have the same avatar you had, like i had Johnny Klebitz avatar and I wouldn't mind having it back

If you have the link for it, you just put it in the member picture area of your profile. If it was a default one, I can't help you there.

Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

#stopmonsanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Somebody tell me how is this progress? How is this progress for the forum.

Rather than adding anything constructive (other than a tacky layout and oversized V banner) there has been the removal of key forum features like

-Gif avatars
-Member Tables (only one option left)
-[code=auto:0] tags
-regular font links
-join dates??

You've put the entire gang section in shambles and for what? I don't see any improvements. If V is the major interest, wouldnt it be wise to not wreck the flow, color, coding, and page number of every multiplayer V topic? This isn't even Web 2.0. It looks more like the red headed step child of a tacky flash tutorial and a bad photoshop graphic.
  • SMG likes this

Secura
  • Secura

Var

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

I was chatting to GunWrath and it seems as though the forums may no longer support transparency avatars, I hope that in a future update they return.

• SMG likes this

iDope
  • iDope

C++ Programmer

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

I have worked with IP.Board, in many ways you have wasted your money. Let me explain.

Why:

Let me start by saying that IP.Board is amazing forum system yes, but worth the money no. Why would I say no, well that is because you have many features that are 300x better for example SMF, this is one of the best forum boards in the world, it always has new things available and it's free of charge! Also the people that dev for IPB just want money so they charge for everything damn thing. Have fun on that one!

If you stick with this, well I recommend a shoutbox, this site has been missing this for awhile now, and it's time for it to have something so members can chat fast with everyone. 

I'm going to mess around to try and find some loopholes in the IPB and post back so that you may fix them, not saying I'm hacking, but rather helping.

Sincerely,

iDope

• SMG likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

-Gif avatars

Gif avatars seem to work. Just that the file size for avatars has gotten smaller, thus you can't keep the same avatar if it was bigger then 100kb. Also, you got to reupload any avatars.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Somebody tell me how is this progress? How is this progress for the forum.

Rather than adding anything constructive (other than a tacky layout and oversized V banner) there has been the removal of key forum features like

-Gif avatars
-Member Tables (only one option left)
-[code=auto:0] tags
-regular font links
-join dates??

You've put the entire gang section in shambles and for what? I don't see any improvements. If V is the major interest, wouldnt it be wise to not wreck the flow, color, coding, and page number of every multiplayer V topic? This isn't even Web 2.0. It looks more like the red headed step child of a tacky flash tutorial and a bad photoshop graphic.

Take your time to read the topic in Network Support. This isn't complete and all the admins wanted to do was activate the core features while other things are developed. Don't be all critic on these features when they're probably going to be added within the next few days or weeks. Tank and Adamcs have been doing this all day, you can know all about it if you read the topic in Network Support.

• Moth likes this

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by Banana., 06 September 2013 - 04:08 AM.

Yeah it seems be like that. If you look at yourself, it tells you, that you are offline. Guessing that is bug?

And can you guys please fix pasting into the reply box? I hate this new system.

There is an option to paste plain text by default. 

qpjbj4.jpg

:^:

• Antagonista likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I'm undecided, since there are aspects I like, and there others I don't. Plus the forum still hasn't been finished updating, so I also need to wait and see.

• ChopTheDog. likes this

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

You're all just a bunch of Idiots. Almost everyone is complaining about missing features. It clearly says in the first post that they're working on it.

And for those who complain about the layout in general: Please go awy. Nobody is keeping you here. The update had to be done. The last design was over 10 years old. Why this matters? For Googles searchrank for example.

I do agree that you must get used to it. But complaing about changes is easier then making it better on his own, right?
  • SMG and Deadly Target like this

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

I don't like it, but the good news is that there's only 10 more days left until the game comes out anyways.

guruhuru
  • guruhuru

GTA San Andreas won't die (o:

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by guruhuru, 06 September 2013 - 04:18 AM.

I hope you'll enable tapatalk support :) congratulations for this new step, im sure people will take some time to get used, but so far, so good. Works good on my tablet..much better than before. But yeah, dont use only gta v's pics.

Btw, you could use user-made banners, maybe after they go through a selection and a public poll
  • SMG likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users