Quantcast

» «
Photo

The New GTAForums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
980 replies to this topic

Poll: Like or Hate (523 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new update?

1. Yes (199 votes [38.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.05%

2. No (210 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

3. Undecided (42 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

4. Indifferent (19 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Waiting Until Bugs are fixed (53 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

Vote
android
  • android

Purple Nines

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

Not at all :/

Reason 1 : I don't like how we cannot select skins and themes, hopefully this will be added this month.

Reason 2 : BBcode is messed up, all the gang pages will have to find a temporary solution to this issue

Reason 2: I do not like the colors at all, which is why I used the AfterFuture skin on the old version of the website.

• 6.3 AMG and Michael De Santa like this

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Seems a bit harder to navigate, the old one was easier. And this isn´t about getting used to anything. When I first joined this forum I didn´t have any difficulties adjusting to the old site. Maybe a darker background would be better. 

• SMG likes this

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

The old GTAF won't be coming back. Don't expect them to revert the upgrade because people don't like it, even if it's the majority. Use the other thread.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by The General, 06 September 2013 - 03:21 AM.

The avatar system doesn't allow real big images. The old system would take a large image(Ex: 900x620) and then crop it down to fit inside the space. It keeps saying 100kb limit which is way too small.

100kb is fine. It prevents the pages from loading forever. And really, you used a 900x620 image as your avatar? You couldn't have asked someone to make it smaller for you? A size that large trying to fit into a 64x64 pixel space looks like sh*t. And be glad, the amount of pixels allowed in your avatar has been increase to at at least 100x100.

Shinsky
  • Shinsky

Superintendent

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

Yeah I think it was 20 posts per page in the old version. It worked out nice.

I love having lots of posts on one page. Your browser should return you to where you left off when refreshing anyway.

• SMG likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

His username doesnt contain spoilers...

Well I've seen that name being posted all over the V forum, before being removed by mods, and replaced with the usual "No Spoilers" reminder :/ 

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

Where's the options for "Undecided", "Indifferent", or "Waiting Until Bugs are Ironed Out".

I personally, I'm waiting for the ironing to start, plus once we get Skins, this new version will be ideal.

So long as it doesn't pull the sign in with: Facebook/Twitter/Google+ Feature I'm all good.
I have no issue with people being able to share topics/posts via those sites, it's actually wise, builds traffic.

• android likes this

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

I'm tryin' to figure out where the option is for users to choose how many posts load per page...

Feels like an individual choice to me, rather than an across-the-board (ha) rule. :x

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 September 2013 - 03:26 AM.

100kb is fine. It prevents the pages from loading forever. And really, you used a 900x620 image as your avatar? You couldn't have asked someone to make it smaller for you? A size that large trying to fit into a 64x64 pixel space looks like sh*t. And be glad, the amount of pixels allowed in your avatar has been increase to at at least 100x100.

Just was saying the ease of the old way. I could go on google. Select pretty much any image and then plop it in and the system would do the rest to make it fit. But it's not the end of the world haha.

• SMG likes this

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

So is the respect button to show we respect the post or the person?

• SMG likes this

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Well, that's it. The ancient, 10 year old obsolete crap gtaforums wich we all loved now is part of our memories.

You know, there is a saying - If it is not broke, do not fix.

Surely there was a lot to fix, and overall this will be a better place for now on, but the big mistake here was "fixing" what was already perfect.

That thing, that magic

• SMG and dabum916 like this

Shinsky
  • Shinsky

Superintendent

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'm tryin' to figure out where the option is for users to choose how many posts load per page...

Feels like an individual choice to me, rather than an across-the-board (ha) rule. :x

It is on many other boards so its probably hidden on some settings page somewhere. You'll have to tell us if you find it  :lol:

• SMG likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

Yeah, 50 posts per page is a little....much. 

Any chance we can get it back to 20 posts admins?

• SMG likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

I'll be honest, aesthetically I hate it: the colour scheme is off dull and uninviting, the twitter-esque layout is great for chat-length post but terrible for any kind of debate.. However feature-wise I almost love it in its entirety, except for the 'respect' system, I rather have had the option to like/dislike posts, instead of liking members. 

• Darrel likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 September 2013 - 04:05 AM.

Under the "Posts I've made" section on our profiles it seems to only be saving the last 5 posts we make instead of all of them. :monocle:

Edit: I found where all our posts are hidden. "My profile > Find Content"

Would be nice if it just showed up under the posts category when we view our profile.

• SMG likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

I like it. It should get better as the days go on so I can't say I'm unhappy about it.

This post was reassuring: http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1063174946

• android likes this

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Sorry guys but I don't like the new design at all. I don't like the "feel" of it.

• SMG likes this

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

So is the respect button to show we respect the post or the person?

It's for the person, since it carries to all other posts.

HK6
  • HK6

Potatoes

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

I'm personally not a fan. I think my main problem with it all is that the density of information has gone drastically down. The old forums had it just nice, and it didn't require finger-numbing amounts of scrolling to read a topic. I know a lot of the people that like it will preach that we should get used to it first, but I can tell you right now that what I've said is a problem that will not be fixed by "getting used to it".

• SMG likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Who the hell ok'ed this awful pile of feces?

I need confirmation from Tank, just like the last time the forums got changed to confirm this was within his wishes.

Way to kill the forums for good.

• Icarus, SMG, Moth and 1 other like this

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Not liking how you can't have the same avatar you had, like i had Johnny Klebitz avatar and I wouldn't mind having it back  

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Too bad we can't poke people...

• SMG and ZZCOOL like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

I feel a return of pips, join dates and flags and the removal of the respect system would do a lot to make me feel at home. It may be unusual but I navigated topics by scanning join dates and flag, I'd be able to recognise posters I respected and wished to read quickly this way.

Aside from the these and other visual issues which others have gone into,I am seeing a noticeable improvement in performance on my iPad which is welcome.

I just want GTAF to retain the character which set it apart from other forums. I'm not sure what it was but you'd be hard pressed to find any forum on the Internet with such a large, varied, active and loyal user base as this. More than any other site I can think of this forum has a culture of discussion and community which has kept me coming back for over 6 years and others for much longer. Part of this was thanks to the unique aesthetic, on the new mechanics we are in danger of losing the edge and becoming too similar to a myriad of other forums we sign up to and neglect.

Yes, if any admins are reading: I would like all of the above done too. The respect thing was a nice idea, but it's just going to create a bunch of spammers desperate for respect/attention. 

• SMG and scarface910 like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'm liking the mobile version. I need emoticons though.
  • SMG likes this

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Too bad we can't poke people...

Hah, facebook much sir?
  • SMG likes this

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I'm liking the mobile version. I need emoticons though.

They are still here. See? :catloaf: :catspider: :breadfish: :panic: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :zZz: Just press the smiley face

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

Who the hell ok'ed this awful pile of feces?

I need confirmation from Tank, just like the last time the forums got changed to confirm this was within his wishes.

Way to kill the forums for good.

It's not all bad, it's just different. Give it some time, dear.

<3

• android likes this

scarface910
  • scarface910

I don't want a f*cking title

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

I love the fact that it shows when the topic was started, Saves a bit of time instead of going into the topic thinking its new info.

• SMG likes this

sttc
  • sttc

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

dont like at all

• SMG likes this

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

My only complaint (and unfortunately this is a big complaint) is that the scrolling down is dizzying.. Why that is, I don't know. You experts tell me what difference causes this effect.

• SMG likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users