Quantcast

» «
Photo

The New GTAForums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
980 replies to this topic

Poll: Like or Hate (523 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new update?

1. Yes (199 votes [38.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.05%

2. No (210 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

3. Undecided (42 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

4. Indifferent (19 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Waiting Until Bugs are fixed (53 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

Vote
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Dude, just accept for once that this is a useless change. It makes the whole forum look weird and ugly. I know I said I'd try and be patient in my previous post but why are they changing stuff that don't need the changing? 

I have no reason to accept anything - In my opinion the change is not as bad as you guys are making out, the forum will change now and then, a simple switch around is not a big problem, is it?

The one simple switch is the most annoying switch. Doesn't it feel weird to see a forum below all the sub-forums, it makes the forum look ugly like I said.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Starting to like this update.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

So the stars next to threads that I've replied in are gone on the mobile version. All threads have a blue dot now.

They're gone on the desktop version as well. Kind of annoying but I'm sure its just a temporary thing.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by r0eladn, 13 September 2013 - 11:42 PM.

This part is called site suggestions right?

1st of all: the site has become faster the last few days, which is great. Also some other 'tweaks' made me like the new forums better.

The only suggestion that I would still implement would be to decrease the height of each topic subject. Also maybe use a smaller font for topic titles.

This way there are more topics to view on my/other people their screens.

Kalvin.
  • Kalvin.

--------------

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

I've only noticed it happen like once or twice a day at the most. if at all.

I had it over 20 times last night :facedesk:
OT: Can you change "Off-Topic" back to "General Chat (Off-Topic)"? I liked it before and it is annoying how short the section name is, gets me confused when trying to get there.

This. It's annoying now. I don't know why they have to change things when they work well and nobody that I know has any problem with it :/
I don't think there is an issue with the change - In fact, I think its better in many ways. It's quite easy to get used to after a while, sooner or later, you won't be so bothered about it. This happened with the new look - so many hated it at first but after I while they have grew to enjoy it :)

Dude, just accept for once that this is a useless change. It makes the whole forum look weird and ugly. I know I said I'd try and be patient in my previous post but why are they changing stuff that don't need the changing?
Have you not read what people have said? This entire forum DID need to change.
People were bragging for new features, this, that, this, that.
But the previous forum was seriously broken, it needed to change, the tiniest tweak made would break the forum so not that many features could be implemented.
But now a hell lot of new features could easily be implemented without the forum breaking, and of course the forums look weird and ugly, but it's only been a couple of weeks for gods sake. The previous forum was built up in the timespan of 12 YEARS.
Things have changed, for the better, and they will continue to do so, so shut up, sit down, and relax ;)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by AceKingston, 14 September 2013 - 02:43 AM.

I've only noticed it happen like once or twice a day at the most. if at all.

I had it over 20 times last night :facedesk:
OT: Can you change "Off-Topic" back to "General Chat (Off-Topic)"? I liked it before and it is annoying how short the section name is, gets me confused when trying to get there.

This. It's annoying now. I don't know why they have to change things when they work well and nobody that I know has any problem with it :/
I don't think there is an issue with the change - In fact, I think its better in many ways. It's quite easy to get used to after a while, sooner or later, you won't be so bothered about it. This happened with the new look - so many hated it at first but after I while they have grew to enjoy it :)

Have you not read what people have said? This entire forum DID need to change.
People were bragging for new features, this, that, this, that.
But the previous forum was seriously broken, it needed to change, the tiniest tweak made would break the forum so not that many features could be implemented.
But now a hell lot of new features could easily be implemented without the forum breaking, and of course the forums look weird and ugly, but it's only been a couple of weeks for gods sake. The previous forum was built up in the timespan of 12 YEARS.
Things have changed, for the better, and they will continue to do so, so shut up, sit down, and relax ;)

Can you read what I said in the first place? I merely was stating why such an annoying feature was added to the forum. I wasn't talking about the initial update I was talking only about this feature, No member bragged about having the off-topic forum below all the sub-forums.

• Tacymist likes this

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

The new features are very good, but the new design is not so good. You guys should make us able to switch the layouts, for example, the old one layout with the new features, and the new one with the features too. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Please get rid of the You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day, it's kind of really stupid. What next, limiting posts per day?

Mercie
  • Mercie

• Feroci

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by Mercie, 14 September 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Advanced search may need tweaks on the date selection element. Fixed with .calendar_date_select changed to z-index of 2000.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hey, just wondering, when are we going to be able to change our usernames?
  • GTAKid667 likes this

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

One feature I have just noticed and really like is the "load more topics" button at the bottom of the board. Now I don't have to click to the next page of topics.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hey, just wondering, when are we going to be able to change our usernames?

I would imagine once the bigger issues are fixed or time to figure out a way to do so (time wise) .. Mods and Staff need to keep up with name changes that way everyone knows everyone or on a large scale. To help combat infractions at a later time. Atleast that's what I would think.

Can always request ban an account a make a new one ;)

• Ciaran likes this

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

For name changes, i think we should be able to do it on our own, but with mod approval (that might make it take some time though). We also should be unable to use used names by others. And lastly, our old usernames would still be recognizable by the forums, for example if i search for "Mr. X" and his name is "Mr. Y" now, he will still pop up on the list.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:50 AM Edited by GunWrath, 16 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

I don't agree with old usernames being recognizable.. or else what's the point of a name change? Also, your account is tied to your name.. so that search would render useless. Just put your original name in your Interests or whatever.. 

However, that's exactly the things moderators will have on their hands when time for name changes come along. They have to keep up with everyones name change and perhaps not only approve of them.. but leave a note with each account so that other mods that are away at the time of name change will know who the original account holders previous name. I think name changes should come as requested and then approved if an Admin sees fit.

I believe only Admins can make the name change, I could be wrong though. Unless they give the Mods the power to do so.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

NO. First of all, on my 1360x768 monitor, the posts are so freaking small compared to the old site. Post information also take up some nice space too that could've been made for larger posts that I can skim through.

In any case, the desktop site itself seems to be tailored for that smartphone of ours. This means my 1360x768 monitor is thrown out of the window for display sizes like 640x380 or the likes on Android and iOS phones. OK, I do get the need for the site to be viewable very well on these mobile devices in our pockets, but this doesn't mean making the desktop size looks like it was tailored for phones; big buttons that are made to be... tapped by our fingers.

Also the boxes on the right are downright annoying, should be removed to get me back more of my resolution. The side panel that allows you to pick up a link is also BIGGER IN FONT, not just that, but all your followed threads seems to be... trashed?!

Also the names... names with special symbols do not work any more. This meant that my Diego "DM" Mendez name had to be renamed, pewf. Overall, I'd like if this update was ditched; I know the staff was having troubles behind the scenes, but they were having them since... many years ago? They should've got used to that old, lovely update, but this one's too tailored for mobile, I'm sorry but I want my multitheme, old forums back.

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:52 AM Edited by mincemate003, 19 September 2013 - 01:56 AM.

NO. First of all, on my 1360x768 monitor, the posts are so freaking small compared to the old site. Post information also take up some nice space too that could've been made for larger posts that I can skim through.

In any case, the desktop site itself seems to be tailored for that smartphone of ours. This means my 1360x768 monitor is thrown out of the window for display sizes like 640x380 or the likes on Android and iOS phones. OK, I do get the need for the site to be viewable very well on these mobile devices in our pockets, but this doesn't mean making the desktop size looks like it was tailored for phones; big buttons that are made to be... tapped by our fingers.

Also the boxes on the right are downright annoying, should be removed to get me back more of my resolution. The side panel that allows you to pick up a link is also BIGGER IN FONT, not just that, but all your followed threads seems to be... trashed?!

Also the names... names with special symbols do not work any more. This meant that my Diego "DM" Mendez name had to be renamed, pewf. Overall, I'd like if this update was ditched; I know the staff was having troubles behind the scenes, but they were having them since... many years ago? They should've got used to that old, lovely update, but this one's too tailored for mobile, I'm sorry but I want my multitheme, old forums back.

Woah. Did they actually change your name to Diego Mustard? Or was that your choice? 0_0

If you are on Firefox or Chrome, you can install an add-on and use some custom code to hide the right sidebar and get more space on the page.

There is also a theme to make the whole site look more like the old forums, which includes the right sidebar being disabled. If you want more info, let me know

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Well, it was indeed my choice to be renamed. Found this name to be more original, it is also my Minecraft name. Glad to see you again ; )

Gonna let you know about it, but I hope this update be ditched all together.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Please get rid of the You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day, it's kind of really stupid. What next, limiting posts per day?

It's in place after all the abuse the respect system got when it arrived.

It's why we can't have nice things.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

I can't scroll down nor make the page bigger on my mobile phone cause whenever I slide over a link it opens. I hope this gets fixed.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Will the tables with borders tags be added?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Can the spoiler tag be enlarged or have in block letters "SPOILER TAG, USE FOR ANYTHING STORY-RELATED"?

I just had my f*cking ending spoiled by some douchebag here. :angry:

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Why is gen-chat removed from off-topic section browser? It makes me forget that it exists at all and it makes the forum look empty. People barely even post there now, and I bet it's because it's not as easily accessible as it used to be.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Why is gen-chat removed from off-topic section browser? It makes me forget that it exists at all and it makes the forum look empty. People barely even post there now, and I bet it's because it's not as easily accessible as it used to be.

That section should be called the lounge again and Gen Chat be a section in it. Although thinking about it, maybe the new board always puts a topic list under each forum list, which would then duplicate the forum - you would have 'Off Topic' and also 'Gen Chat' If that was the case then Off Topic should be re-named Gen Chat.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think it's more the fact that people are too busy playing and concentrating on GTA V to care about people's recent purchases are or what they think of crossdressers for any recent inactivity, to be fair.  While it might take some adjustments, it's actually less clicks to get to what was gen chat by just clicking off-topic and it's the same amount of clicks to get to old lounge forums like gaming or music for example, so it's not like it's now out of the way and bothersome to get to, it's just a different route.

Saying that though, I do agree that renaming it back to 'The Lounge' would make it more familiar to everyone that were regulars there, or even 'General Chat'

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

There used to be a feature on the old forums @ the bottom of a thread where you could easily search for posts in that thread by a certain member.

I can't seem to find any such feature now?

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Where has the Announcements section gone to?

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Where has the Announcements section gone to?

Hopefully it comes back soon. I recall them saying it will. 

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Speaking of which, the topics I follow are no longer visible to my right side panel, instead I have to go through a long way... and then I don't know if there was an unread post in that topic or not. Its just pure luck.

I want them to be back, and to glow whenever a new post is posted, for convenience.

Blue Ray Team
  • Blue Ray Team

DYOM PRO

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Nice Job i really like it!

Saphir
  • Saphir

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

One week or so ago I visited the forums after a long time and I was surprised to see the new look.
The first minutes I didn't really like it but I got used to it and it's really nice - very good job! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users