Quantcast

» «
Photo

The New GTAForums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
980 replies to this topic

Poll: Like or Hate (523 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new update?

1. Yes (199 votes [38.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.05%

2. No (210 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

3. Undecided (42 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

4. Indifferent (19 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Waiting Until Bugs are fixed (53 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

Vote
Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

At first it looked awful but after a few days it's became more understanding (For me at least)

It's like moving into a new home really. You'll get used to it :^:

Profile doesn't look as nice as it did and I still prefer the old PM system but apart from that it's more lively, it almost feels like there's more life to it

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

To be honest the site forum update is terrible. It no longer feels like the original GTAForums, Harder to navigate and the colours are bad.

Please can we use the original forum skin?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Old "Fear" emoticon is back :ph34r:, thank you :^:

Now all I need is the old "Furious" emoticon

roryhynes
  • roryhynes

D______________t

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

I just wish everything wasn't so spaced out, so to speak. I don't like all the empty space on the far right on the homepage.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

BUSTED! stars are back :panic:

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Are you going to iclude signatures when viewing profiles?

monkzilla
  • monkzilla

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

I don't know about a lot of you, but I use my mobile device a lot. Although  the full version works *better* on my mobile device, it just gets very annoying to scroll around. The light/ mobile version is very useful except when it comes to jumping to the last or first page of a thread. I only see a "next" and "previous" button, which only goes to the next page or previous page. Please implement the jump to front and jump to last page.

Thanks.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yes we need to be able to click on the page we want on mobile.

Also there's no way to quote a post on it. Its smooth, but these are needed.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Kinda like but it'll consume more time for me to used to it in few weeks or so... :D

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

I voted yes,  Change is always good and healthy.

Turn on the member blog option.  Even if it is just a pile of crap dumping ground, there are enough quality members here whom I bet would have some pretty popular blogs with decent subscribers.

There are still active members going back to the origin of this place.  There are personalities.  Maybe it is time GTAF accepts that fact that it is bigger than it is and allow for some quality freelance.

The first &Copy date in the footer here at GTAF is 2001.  That is 12, almost 13 years old.  Look around the internet and see what popular/successful sites haven't tried some risky changes and additions.  The good sites know how to change/trend/and grow.

:beerhat:  but still honestly serious.

guyzwitgunz
  • guyzwitgunz

Anti-nerd

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

Why does the "Members" title still need to be displayed under our avatar? I noticed it went away with the upgrade, along with the join date but has come back again. It's pretty pointless.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

At first I was utterly disappointed, but now I seem to like it... I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed for my final opinion.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Why does the "Members" title still need to be displayed under our avatar? I noticed it went away with the upgrade, along with the join date but has come back again. It's pretty pointless.

It's there to show what group you are in, certain members won't know who's a moderator on the forum as they have no special pip under their avatar any more, this is the only way from topics that they will be able to know (Obviously on the index their names come up in Blue).

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Well I've warmed to the new place, spell check finally works and I know other things are in the works, but you took away the "reading this topic" bit at the bottom, I liked that little nugget. :/

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Well I've warmed to the new place, spell check finally works and I know other things are in the works, but you took away the "reading this topic" bit at the bottom, I liked that little nugget. :/

http://gtaforums.com...online-deleted/

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Im having trouble with this forum very frequently now, it goes offline all the time. Bad gateway n sh*t. Very annoying. Also, the website is much slower than before, loads like a snail. Hope you will improve it.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 12 September 2013 - 09:58 PM.

The Bad Gateway error was far more common between the date the black bar at the top was added and the day the forum software was upgraded. It still is present because the admins are still ironing out things. But the error shouldn't come up all that often, though; even though it differs throughout the day.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

if the Bad Gateway error occurs, just leave GTAF alone for like 5 or 10 minutes.

it'll be long gone by then.

I've only noticed it happen like once or twice a day at the most. if at all.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Can you guys just add the table tags and the fact that the BB codes disappear after editing your post? It's been a week since the update and the only thing you guys have done is change the 'Respect' to 'Like' system, removed the status and members viewing topics and forums. Tables are like a very important part of the forum and if you guys can't even add this, I really don't know.

Sorry for my little rant but you guys rushed the update, it looks cool and all but upgrading the forum in 12 hours is not enough time, you should have extended it to a day or something and try to keep the bugs and glitches down to a minimum.

Jevon
  • Jevon

Advocate

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

How very dare we do such a thing. Just because you can't see changes, doesn't mean they aren't happening. Learn to have some damn patience.
  • Moth likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Alright sorry, but I feel that you  guys rushed the update a bit. Once again sorry for my little rant. :)

TomStubbsIII
  • TomStubbsIII

Stock Criminals Crew Communications Officer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

So much wasted space here. Combination of the huge width of margins on the sides, lack of horizontal flexibility (collapsing the left panel is not effective enough solution) and too large basic font presets in both messages and postdetails. column, the result is that irritatingly small amount of actual content can be seen on screen at once. It makes reading the forum toilsome, and scrolling and browsing almost excruciating.

Add the fact that I never was a fan of white text on dark background, I wish that the next changes you do to the forum follow the theme "back to basics".

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

So the stars next to threads that I've replied in are gone on the mobile version. All threads have a blue dot now.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 13 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

I had it over 20 times last night :facedesk:

OT: Can you change "Off-Topic" back to "General Chat (Off-Topic)"? I liked it before and it is annoying how short the section name is, gets me confused when trying to get there.

• RoadRunner71 and Tacymist like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

OT: Can you change "Off-Topic" back to "General Chat (Off-Topic)"? I liked it before and it is annoying how short the section name is, gets me confused when trying to get there.

This. It's annoying now. I don't know why they have to change things when they work well and nobody that I know has any problem with it :/

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 13 September 2013 - 06:14 PM.

This. It's annoying now. I don't know why they have to change things when they work well and nobody that I know has any problem with it :/

I don't think there is an issue with the change - In fact, I think its better in many ways. It's quite easy to get used to after a while, sooner or later, you won't be so bothered about it. This happened with the new look - so many hated it at first but after I while they have grew to enjoy it :)

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

This. So much this. I don't like that I have to scroll down all those subforums just to get to where I want to be. It really was fine the way it was before.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I don't think there is an issue with the change - In fact, I think its better in many ways. It's quite easy to get used to after a while, sooner or later, you won't be so bothered about it. This happened with the new look - so many hated it at first but after I while they have grew to enjoy it :)

Dude, just accept for once that this is a useless change. It makes the whole forum look weird and ugly. I know I said I'd try and be patient in my previous post but why are they changing stuff that don't need the changing? 

• Tacymist likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

This. So much this. I don't like that I have to scroll down all those subforums just to get to where I want to be. It really was fine the way it was before.

Just came here to say the exact same thing. It's a pain to scroll down every time just to get to gen chat..

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Dude, just accept for once that this is a useless change. It makes the whole forum look weird and ugly. I know I said I'd try and be patient in my previous post but why are they changing stuff that don't need the changing? 

I have no reason to accept anything - In my opinion the change is not as bad as you guys are making out, the forum will change now and then, a simple switch around is not a big problem, is it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users