Quantcast

» «
Photo

The New GTAForums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
980 replies to this topic

Poll: Like or Hate (523 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new update?

1. Yes (199 votes [38.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.05%

2. No (210 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

3. Undecided (42 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

4. Indifferent (19 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Waiting Until Bugs are fixed (53 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

Vote
GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I like it, actually! I was quite surprised.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Bringing the old theme back should be the highest priority.

Oh f*ck off you dumb f*ck. The old site is not coming back, The old site was pretty much customized and held together was pieces of used duct tape, it's not coming back. It was a massive pain for the staff to make it work from behind the scenes. It was broken.

And they are working on making this new one work better for us, but it is going to take time. So if you don't like it, you can leave, no one is going to stop you.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Will staff names show up in different colors again? I liked the blue mods and yellow admins for the variety.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 07 September 2013 - 12:49 AM.

Are the global mods still colorized?

Oops, I didnt see Tacymist asked the same question.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

I don't want to sound like a whiner or complainer, but I honestly don't like it... at all. :/ The old design was so much better, in my opinion. I miss it so much. 

RIP.

Dnero
  • Dnero

💯

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Right, I'm just gonna quote my suggestion again.

Can the black bar up top follow as we scroll up/down? So it'd be easy to see notifications and access our settings. 

Maybe add shortcuts to 'book marked' topics as well on the black bar.

I mean come on, it's a great idea. 

Oh and make the notifications update in real-time, that'd be great.

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by Original Light, 07 September 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Oh and make the notifications update in real-time, that'd be great.

That should definitely be possible for them, as I've seen it on other forums as well.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by fnxrak, 07 September 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Like I said before in some other topic I really can't remember which one, I really love the new theme, but something as come to my attention when editing one of my topics that the edit and quote button is only on the bottom of each post, is it possible to make it show up also in the beginning of the post? it would really help on those long posts when it's needed to edit.

Another choice could be to double click or open menu over the post to edit.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

Will staff names show up in different colors again? I liked the blue mods and yellow admins for the variety.

They probably will as groups seem to be being changed, like Admins are also counted as Mods. :p

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

I personally love this look, got a real modern feel to it. Very 2013 :p It takes a while to get your head around at first obviously but now I'm more familiar I'm loving it.

There's SOMETHING I dislike about it though and I just can't put my finger on it.. I'll get back to you on that.  :lol:

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by Libertyking, 07 September 2013 - 02:45 AM.

I'll make a list of things I dislike:

- The join date is no longer around the avatar on posts, (This one in particular.)
- There are no more flags,

- The avatar size limit is a lot too low, making it hard to make GIF avatars.
- Members signatures are no longer on the profile page,
- I have to admit: The forum lost it's vibe. There is no more of that GTAForums feel to it. Like if being outdated made it unique. :/

- I have a strange feeling like I don't belong to this forum.

That's all I have to say. But is there a way to make the color exactly the same as before? You all know what I mean, this color: v3k4nh8.png

And maybe this as a background:

BG.gif

You know, just to make it seem more familiar, without reverting it back to the old one.

Edit: Made a rough draft, look quite good:

YHsZdPq.png

• NYC PATROL, Corndawg93, Eagles and 1 other like this

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

"The Boss"

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Didn't I make a poll topic was it deleted so a "MOD", could make it.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by ChatterBoxFM, 07 September 2013 - 03:13 AM.

Looks fancy, sh*tty functions. SO NO

and where the f*ck are my favortied topics and avatar?!

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 07 September 2013 - 03:17 AM.

This may have been mentioned before but embedding youtube videos. They seem to show up bigger than before in the post box. Also they sometimes appear in their own scrolling box if they are too large.

LaUgHiN gUy
  • LaUgHiN gUy

Reyes Crime Family Para La Vida

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by LaUgHiN gUy, 07 September 2013 - 03:37 AM.

Oh f*ck off you dumb f*ck. The old site is not coming back, The old site was pretty much customized and held together was pieces of used duct tape, it's not coming back. It was a massive pain for the staff to make it work from behind the scenes. It was broken.

And they are working on making this new one work better for us, but it is going to take time. So if you don't like it, you can leave, no one is going to stop you.

Bro, he didn't mean the whole f*cking sh*t he said just the the theme. You know the black and red stuff. yeah that. He didn't say he wanted the "old site" He said "Theme".

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

- The join date is no longer around the avatar on posts, (This one in particular.)

- I have to admit: The forum lost it's vibe. There is no more of that GTAForums feel to it. Like if being outdated made it unique. :/

That's all I have to say. But is there a way to make the color exactly the same as before? You all know what I mean, this color: v3k4nh8.png

BG.gif

You know, just to make it seem more familiar, without reverting it back to the old one.

YHsZdPq.png

I approve this very much actually, great job with this by the way.

I hope the Administrators considers this..for the site - sometime.  

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

@ Dragonjack: Thanks for the respect!

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

Are you guys fixing tables?

Shinsky
  • Shinsky

Superintendent

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

BG.gif

YHsZdPq.png

While it may seem all well and nice to have giant GIF avatars, its for the better that they are not there to slow down the new found responsiveness the site has.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by AceKingston, 07 September 2013 - 04:26 AM.

Nevermind.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by AceKingston, 07 September 2013 - 04:26 AM.

Bringing the old theme back should be the highest priority.

Dude, you only need to get used to this. The old theme was so unsecure as adam said, there is no way that is coming back. Once you get used to this, you won't be missing the old theme at all.

Anyways, using the forum a bit more with this theme I'm gonna list a few Pros and cons:

Pros: Smoother browsing, faster posting, notifications, easier search function, nice layout and some others.

Cons: Lots of bugs, BB codes not working properly, no tables, respect feature being abused.

Overall it's good but you guys need to iron out the bugs.

Edit: sh*t double post sorry.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:36 AM Edited by Eagles, 07 September 2013 - 04:42 AM.

-snip-

I liked your version a lot, dude. Like you said, it brings the old GTAF vibe that it had before the redesign.

I'd also get rid of the respect system and bring back the medals.

Actually I'm not sure if the respect system is really that bad. It just seems provocative because it will always create that stupid feeling that one is inferior than the other just because one has more respect than the other. The same happened to medals, but at least those were a cool thing. They weren't just meaningless numbers, they had a reason. 

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:43 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 07 September 2013 - 06:10 AM.

For quotes.

Is it possible we could see another version of "quote trains" return?

Maybe a max amount of posts or something. It's nice to make sense of what others were quoting.

Edit 1: I did find/notice the multiquote feature but I think it takes up more space in the post than the old way. And still automatic multiquote would be nice again.

Edit 2: Another thing I just thought of. Would be nice to see the return of "most users online ever was:" and all those little postings that were at the bottom of the member's reading list on the main page.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Where ther f*ck are my favorited topics and avatar?

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Where ther f*ck are my favorited topics and avatar?

I don't know about favorite topics, since I never used that feature. But your avatar is gone, you need to reupload it to the site.

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:46 AM Edited by Alwintheboy, 07 September 2013 - 06:50 AM.

You still can as Hameer says, the sidebar has not gone, just hidden click the double > arrows to bring it back :^:

Thanks man  :^:

on the other hand the colour scheme is very hard to distinguish where are the quotes anf replys, they blended in together too well

Zugzwang
  • Zugzwang

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

It's interesting but it's nearly identical to a couple other forums I visit that got recent complete overhauls..

Why are all major forums changing to this new-age twitter like layouts? There's even a "What's on your mind" thing when you click your name on the top-right corner..

This is a big part of what I don't like about this. It looks like every other website that updates itself. GTAForums looked somewhat distinct before, it doesn't now.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:06 AM Edited by Deffpony, 07 September 2013 - 07:07 AM.

Its a give an take. Functionality wise the change is awesome. But I feel that the old site looked more organized. Posts and threads were much easier to read and navigate because they were simple.

Kind of feels like the IOS version of GTAForums.

But with that said I think its a good change. Just needs some tweeks

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Its a give an take. Functionality wise the change is awesome. But I feel that the old site looked more organized. Posts and threads were much easier to read and navigate because they were simple.

Kind of feels like the IOS version of GTAForums.

But with that said I think its a good change. Just needs some tweeks

I agree with you. Functionality wise, the forums has had a big improvement, especially to the posting tools, making it much easier for all members than having to type out the codes manually or don't know if it works without hitting 'Preview Post'. In terms of organization, the old site was better but I am used to this one now so its not as bad, though, as someone said, there really is no need for the massive space underneath quotes, yet, I don't know if this would be editable as it is default for IPB 3.4.5. Overall, great change for the forums, a few cons for the members, which will most likely get fixed as soon as the administrators get around to doing so.

@LibertyKing - It looks nice the way you presented it, you'll have to wait and see if we get a design similar :^:

yojc
  • yojc

2A03

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Is it possible we could see another version of "quote trains" return?

Quote trains (if you simply mean quotes in quotes in quotes) are still allowed and still work, so I'm not sure what's the deal? Although they do blend in together, since all quotes have the same background and no border, and that looks a bit wrong.

Edit 2: Another thing I just thought of. Would be nice to see the return of "most users online ever was:" and all those little postings that were at the bottom of the member's reading list on the main page.

It's still there on every page - "Criminals Online Record" is what you're looking for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users