Quantcast

» «
Photo

The New GTAForums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
980 replies to this topic

Poll: Like or Hate (523 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new update?

1. Yes (199 votes [38.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.05%

2. No (210 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

3. Undecided (42 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

4. Indifferent (19 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Waiting Until Bugs are fixed (53 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

Vote
zsakul2
  • zsakul2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:16 AM Edited by zsakul2, 06 September 2013 - 02:17 AM.

I'm not a fan of it at all, But that doesn't matter. i'm just glad its back!

• aaronimpact likes this

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

I don't know why you guys don't like the new forums. The old one was...2000s like. This new one is simple, modern, and clean and I think it's a HUGE improvement from the old one. Good job Admins!

• BB C-4, AnthMUFC-Champs and Fedor like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by SilverRST, 06 September 2013 - 02:18 AM.

It's nice, and also handy when posting. Clear images and all. I like it.

EDIT. Oh yeah, multiquote!

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by Cysiek, 06 September 2013 - 02:18 AM.

I want to switch back option, or old color scheme

• Gantons Most Wanted likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

as i said earlier if you were going to change the entire website could you maybe increase the messaging space to about 200-500

it's getting tiresome to delete messages to have space for more

• SMG likes this

Ekoms
  • Ekoms

LSLK

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

The quotes need to be fixed up some.

----

THIS. & TABLES NEED TO BE FIXED.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

For twelve years, this forum was a living, breathing forums full of originality and an entirely unique feel to it. Today, 9/5/13, is the day this forum begins to die. Why does this forum have to die like everything else has this year? Why did this forum have to follow the "2013 uncreative and overly sized" look. The people who worked on this had one job. One simple, easy job. And that was to keep everything original and unique without killing the experience while allowing newbies and veterans to get around easily. But no. That isn't the case here. What the new GUI is simply put, garbage. Let me explain this;

The colors on this site are awful. Everything is extremely bland.  They've changed the site from something that flashed every GTA at you, to something that shoves V down your throat. V isn't the best game ever, nor will it ever be. GTA as a SERIES should be honored, not some flushed out new game that could possibly be the biggest waste of $60.

Why? Why did you have to kill the experience? It it really worth it to kill what made the forum something special?

This forum has been needing an update, but nothing like this. Sometimes you have to cut off a finger to save the hand, but they cut off the whole arm.

100% agree. I'm pretty sure V will be a good game. But the fact that its the ONLY game used to decorate the background/banner is just plain stupid.

• Billy james, guruhuru and aaronimpact like this

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

I feel like its too much a blur of 1 colour. Maybe the background could be darker or black.

Also why does the topic title font need to glow? just a waste of resources really... Makes it sluggish

nixion
  • nixion

Zaibatsu Crew Leader

• Members

Feels a bit sluggish, but i could get used to it. Really not liking the attention widget on the top right of each thread, completely ruins pages like the mapping thread.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

100% agree. I'm pretty sure V will be a good game. But the fact that its the ONLY game used to decorate the background/banner is just plain stupid.

i too agree this forum is about all other games too not just v theres more to gtaforums than v

ninja1232
  • ninja1232

Its the Final Countdown.....

• Members

I really hate this look. I'll probably never return actually even if it sounds crazy. I feel like im on a new site and I don't know any of you.

• aaronimpact likes this

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by Saliva, 06 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

I like it.

-

Really not liking the attention widget on the top right of each thread, completely ruins pages like the mapping thread.

Yeah. They could move the attention widget across, so it is below the topic title and stretch out the forum posts wider.

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

"The Boss"

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Hey,

Liking the new update,

Question, what's wrong with the BB Code?

My topic all my codes are in a mess - http://gtaforums.com...rime-syndicate/

Thanks, please reply to a solution as soon as possible. 

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

a suggestion would be putting respect over the number

now it just looks like a random number that confuzes and it part of members

2 members what does that mean? thats what i wounderd at first

• bobo081093 likes this

m8son
  • m8son

Boom goes the dynamite!

• Members

Can we get an option to switch back?  This looks a little too flashy for me

• aaronimpact likes this

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

I miss Deffpony's dancing bear :(

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Definitely going to take some getting used to....

I really did enjoy the simple look of the old version but we'll see.

• Flight180Victm likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

The Mapping LS topic is probably a real mess right now because the quotes don't work. I would suggest a way for us to optionally go back to the original format but I don't see how that is possible.

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Why the hell does the background behind posts flicker? Annoying as hell. I feel like I'm going epileptic.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Sorry, this sucks. Everything is too big, hard to find link. Slow and clunky, especially in mobile devices. Bring back the old layout!

Unfortunately the so called "progress" has taken this site as well. I am not surprised seeing how even MSFN, who generally supports old software, also upgraded.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the new layout would somehow enable mobile browsing, and also allow to hide the side bar. All elements on this new style take up more space than the previous side bar, and there is a new bar to right side of the screen, showing a banner for "Five" and some "Quick Links". This bar serves no purpose after I have already learned about the existance of "Five", and posts below it can't extend all the way to the right side anymore.

Faster, streamlined experience? Only a marketing team would use terms like these. I don't care if I get negative score because of this. But this modern web is unnecessarily confusing. "Follow"? That sounds like something borrowed fromt he tainted social media. I can only assume that means subscription to e-mail. Is "photo" the new avatar? How come it must be greater than 200px if avatar traditionally was limited to a known size that is much less.

All options have been shuffled around, and take long to find. No doubt because they've been streamlined.

Thank you not for destroying a perfectly functional, standard, fast, and still uniquely styled board. I wish you get many facebook kids to "follow" you.

• aaronimpact, KawakSallas, Zroovy and 2 others like this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hopefully we can change display names soon.

• SMG likes this

crackhead91090
  • crackhead91090

I don't want a f*cking title

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:23 AM Edited by crackhead91090, 06 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Are we able to change the color scheme? I like a darker color than what we have now.

wow a notifications thingy, thats a nice change!

• SMG likes this

theonlytobyever
  • theonlytobyever

• Members
  • None

The mobile interface is pretty awful and the full version on a phone is pretty awful.
  • SMG likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Hey,

Liking the new update,

Question, what's wrong with the BB Code?

My topic all my codes are in a mess - http://gtaforums.com...rime-syndicate/

Thanks, please reply to a solution as soon as possible. 

The admins are aware of it.

I'd say it still needs some fixing and definitely does, but it's probably still in the works.

• SMG likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

can I change the theme? I had the San Andreas Theme with the old forum

• SMG likes this

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by Malndor, 06 September 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Compliments: Pictures load easy, layout is user friendly exspecially the post/reply post options, the reply at the bottom is convenient. Thanks.

Suggestions: Is it possible to get back GIF Avatars?

haters_gonna_hate.gif

• SMG likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

This looks awesome! Actually looks professionally done now! So what's the new size for avatars? They seem bigger.

• SMG and Fedor like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

I just want my gif avatar back!
  • SMG likes this

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Unfortunately the so called "progress" has taken this site as well. I am not surprised seeing how even MSFN, who generally supports old software, also upgraded.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the new layout would somehow enable mobile browsing, and also allow to hide the side bar. All elements on this new style take up more space than the previous side bar, and there is a new bar to right side of the screen, showing a banner for "Five" and some "Quick Links". This bar serves no purpose after I have already learned about the existance of "Five", and posts below it can't extend all the way to the right side anymore.

Faster, streamlined experience? Only a marketing team would use terms like these. I don't care if I get negative score because of this. But this modern web is unnecessarily confusing. "Follow"? That sounds like something borrowed fromt he tainted social media. I can only assume that means subscription to e-mail. Is "photo" the new avatar? How come it must be greater than 200px if avatar traditionally was limited to a known size that is much less.

All options have been shuffled around, and take long to find. No doubt because they've been streamlined.

Thank you not for destroying a perfectly functional, standard, fast, and still uniquely styled board. I wish you get many facebook kids to "follow" you.

This.

• SMG, aaronimpact and Nights744 like this

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

I'm not going to crap on the hard work you guys have put into this. But I have one specific question, how can I get rid of the right-hand sidebar? I don't really need basic rules or a GTA V poster shown to me on every page. I feel like I've got a smaller monitor at the moment, because topics have less room to be displayed.

• SMG likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users