Quantcast

» «
Photo

The New GTAForums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
980 replies to this topic

Poll: Like or Hate (523 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new update?

1. Yes (199 votes [38.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.05%

2. No (210 votes [40.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.15%

3. Undecided (42 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

4. Indifferent (19 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Waiting Until Bugs are fixed (53 votes [10.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

Vote
yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

The left sidebar is still there, if you don't see it click on the small arrow that's floating on the left side of the forum.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Anything in your warn log has turned into a "warning", including commendations. It's not counted towards your warn points so you're fine.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing, but my warn log was empty before. I didn't have any entries (positive or negative).

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm pretty sure it's nothing, but my warn log was empty before. I didn't have any entries (positive or negative).

Do you have any history on the forums, like, for example, a previous account or something alike?

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by damian001, 06 September 2013 - 05:52 PM.

I've been part of various message boards for 15 years. I noticed they all die off heavily after a major interface change like this one. 

This is how you kill a forum guys.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

One of the things I liked about the old forum was being able to view your last 10 posts at the top of the forum.

I have no idea where to go to view my posts atm.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

I've just had a look. Turns out those warnings are actually Moderator Notes. In the old forum, we could make notes in member logs that not even you could see, only fellow mods, and it looks as though they have been transferred as warnings since the whole member log system isn't properly ironed out yet.

• Kristian. and GunWrath like this

android
  • android

Purple Nines

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I've just had a look. Turns out those warnings are actually Moderator Notes. In the old forum, we could make notes in member logs that not even you could see, only fellow mods, and it looks as though they have been transferred as warnings since the whole member log system isn't properly ironed out yet.

I was wondering why I had a note from you.. I didn't see it before. It didn't say much, it just said "Verbal Warning only."

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

If you guys have any questions, I've created an FAQ guide here, so you might want to check it out.

http://gtaforums.com...the-new-layout/

• Mister Kay likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Personally, the old one was wau better, this one feels very, very weird.

Of course it's going to feel weird. The forums hasn't been updated since 2002. How do you think people that have been around since that time feel? We all have to get use to it.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by GTA 360, 06 September 2013 - 06:04 PM.

One of the things I liked about the old forum was being able to view your last 10 posts at the top of the forum.

I have no idea where to go to view my posts atm.

If you hover over your username on the left hand side in this topic you should see a box come up that has some things in it, click on the tab that says find content and there's a list of topics you've posted in, hope that helps. It's as far as I've looked into that for now.

Another thing I've noticed is the boxes that used to go around the quotes so you knew where the quote ended and the reply started, they seam to be working in this topic but I can't find them in the V section, all the quotes there don't seam to be in the boxes for some reason.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I've been part of various message boards for 15 years. I noticed they all die off heavily after a major interface change like this one. 

Oh no, please stay, we need your experience!

• Moth likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

May I ask what kind of forums? And how large were they? Doubt any of them were the size of this one. Plus it helps that we are based around one of the largest video game franchises out there, so new members are going to join.

• Tyler likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by Otter, 06 September 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Look at you, TG, being all accepting of change and sh*t. ;) I'm proud.

I have a quick question - there used to be a little marker on the topics "envelope" icon that indicated whther or not you'd posted in there before. Kind of a big deal for a guy with my terrible short term memory. Any way to indicate that now? I may just be missing it.

Edit - I think I figured it out - it's the stars vs the dots?

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Look at you, TG, being all accepting of change and sh*t. ;) I'm proud.

I have a quick question - there used to be a little marker on the topics "envelope" icon that indicated whther or not you'd posted in there before. Kind of a big deal for a guy with my terrible short term memory. Any way to indicate that now? I may just be missing it.

Edit - I think I figured it out - it's the stars vs the dots?

Close. Stars indicate topics in which you've posted. Dots just indicate thread in which there are new replies. Faded versions of either indicate that all replies have been read.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Raavi, 06 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Quotes could use some tweaking. it looks relatively fine for short posts, but horrendous for longer posts, which makes answering to posts whilst debating a hellish task. 

Example: http://gtaforums.com...a/?p=1063183898

Thejamman123
  • Thejamman123

LEAVE ROCKSTAR ALONE!!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

I have no idea how to use the new profile n stuff, any help with that?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

What exactly do you need help with? I will try and help, if others don't beforehand.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Quotes could use some tweaking. it looks relatively fine for short posts, but horrendous for longer posts, which makes answering to posts whilst debating a hellish task. 

That's just the problem with posts made before the upgrade, the quotes were not properly converted. Any new posts with quotes will look fine.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Thats because The Quote System has changed so that you can only quote one post at a time rather than having quote trains. This has obviously messed up older posts but admins will probably fix it when they have a chance.

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by ˸, 06 September 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, looks so lush now!

I like how you went for "gender" in profile, in line with the new equality requirements :lol:

For some reason, my gender was set to "not disclosed" in my profile page until I went in and re-saved my settings (though it was set to "Male" in my profile settings).

PS Oh yeah, my avatar dissapeared... Can't be bothered to change it now, Claude is cool too.

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Alwintheboy, 06 September 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Would like to have the forum selection bar on the left,

or have everything aligned to the center of the screen  :^:

edit: still prefer the old one

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

I believe you can bring back the selection bar by clicking the arrows on the left side.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

You still can as Hameer says, the sidebar has not gone, just hidden click the double > arrows to bring it back :^:

• Mrgrandis_HKG likes this

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Sorry, this sucks. Everything is too big, hard to find link. Slow and clunky, especially in mobile devices. Bring back the old layout!

I hate to say it... but I agree. :(

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

I hate to say it... but I agree. :(

The layout is not too bad when you get used to it. It will obviously take some getting used to but thats because ever since you signed up you were used to the old skin. This is not the admins fault anyway, IPB has this as the default.

Lugermorph
  • Lugermorph

Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I've been on a major forum which had a re-haul and its definitely not dead.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Text wrappers?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

One thing I would like to ask is why does the banner at the top only have GTA V images? Yes, GTA V is only 10 days away but there are plenty of other games in the series, when GTA V comes out and there is a GTA Next forum it wouldn't seem right to me personally to have the current banner :/

Irviding
  • Irviding

Can you move it like this?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I like it a lot. IMO would like to see the rep system taken out (it's stupid and will lead to nonsense) and join dates put back on the profile.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

od43.png

• User name - No need to explain
  • Join Date - No need to explain
  • Activity - It shows what topics or profiles are you viewing
  • User Reputation/Rating - You can rate mamber profiles from 1 star (bad) to 5 stars (excellent)
  • Warnings - Here are all warnings from Moderators or Admins. I believe that if you get a certain amount of warning points, you will get automatically banned.
  • Edit Profile - No need to explain
  • Find Content - Here you can find ALL posts or topics started or both made by you
  • Respect - If someone likes your post, they can respect it (Respect + button). This will show how much people respect your posts (That's why some people have numbers)
  • Display name history - Since Name Changes are possible, I believe that this is a log which shows all name changes
  • Friends - You friends on forum.
  • Latest Visitors - People who visited your profile recently.
  • User Info - Your information.

zek2.png

• Profile Feed - Here you can write and update your status. You can write anything, what you do, what you like, etc.

icqe.png

• Respect - Here it shows posts that people respect.

x207.png

• General Account settings - No need to explain
  • Photo - Your avatar
  • Time Zone - You can set your time zone. Below there is a check box if you have Daylight Saving
  • Comments & Visitors - Check boxes if you want members to comment on your profile, if you want to approve messages that people write or if you want to see last 5 visitors on your profile.
  • Friends - Check boxes if you want to show friends in your profile or if you want to approve all friend requests.
  • Profile Info - No need to explain
  • Member Title - Member title shown under your avatar when posting. You can set a custome one (like mine) or leave it blank to have default forum ones.
  • Birthday - Here you can set your birthday. On your profile it will display both Day/Month/Year and your age
  • Contact Methods - Here you can write your contact info. Email, Websites, Usernames, etc.
  • Profile Info - No need to explain
  • Gender - No need to explain. Set to "Not Telling" if you don't want to say what is your gender.
  • Location - Write where you currenly are. You can write whatever you want so your location can even be Heaven
  • Interests - What you like, etc.
  • Favorite GTA - No need to explain.
  • Respect List - Here you can write what members you respect.

0lw5.png

• Notification Preferences - Too much crap to list. Here you can set when, why, where, how, by who you want to get notifications.

This is pretty obvious but I hope that helps. (To new people at least)
PS: If anyone is planning to quote this post, Remove images because it's a damn page stretch.
PPS: I finally found my way around the new forum. Still don't like it though.

• Knife, Moth, Irviding and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users