• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

GTA: SAN ANDREAS

ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT

CALL OF DUTY & CALL OF DUTY: UNITED OFFENSIVE

Lacuna
  • Lacuna

Have you read the manual for this thing?

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

1 - Shadow of the Colossus

2 - GTA IV

3 - Read Dead Redemption

4 - Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

5 - Ico

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

PS3

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Obviously a strong game series. This one had the perfect combination of cut scenes and action for me, though. The puzzles were incredibly detailed and thought out, and the various scenery looked absolutely gorgeous on the PS3. I loved traveling from jungle to snow to village, and it all made sense. The enemies were just the right amount of annoying, and the story was at its peak for the series, in my opinion. Chloe was an annoying bitch, but otherwise, I found it to be flawless.

Heavy Rain

Such a unique gaming experience. Call it an interactive movie if you will, but I've never enjoyed something so weird. It was strange and unpredictable and interactive and so engaging that it's really tough to compare to anything else that's out there at the moment. Way cool game.

inFamous 2

This game kicked ass compared to the first installment of the series. The powers were interesting and fun and much more pertinent to specific situations, and of course the choice between good and evil was always difficult. Both endings seemed to be invested in equally by the developers, which is something I really appreciate. I loved the protagonist, loved the characters, and I loved the premise. I'm not usually into superpowers or anything based off a comic book, really, but this one was just so damn cool. You shoot lighting from your body, and your powers strengthen flawlessly over time. Play it.

Fallout: New Vegas

I know it's weird that I'm saying this over Fallout 3, but I never had the chance to finish the third, and I feel like I just don't have a good enough grasp on it to rate it. New Vegas, although ridiculously buggy, was so captivating to me. I found it more interesting to wander this wasteland than the one in 3, and although the story line could use a bit of improvement, I really spent a lot of time on this game, and I think it deserves credit for that.

Grand Theft Auto V

Trevor <3

I have yet to complete The Last of Us, but I'm sure it'll replace one of these at some point...

- - -

Other Platforms

Tony Hawk: American Wasteland

I know a lot of people felt that this was a weaker installment, but it was the most fun, in my opinion. I spent countless hours on this game, and it was just really cool to build an epic skatepark as the story progressed. Mad fun. Tony Hawk games in general are must-plays.

Goldeneye 007

My first gaming experience. I was 3 or 4, and my brother repetitively killed me with their bazookas. I ran out of the room crying. It was memorable, and I love it. 

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Besides bitchy, whiney CJ, this game was my favorite from PS2. It's arguably the best open sandbox game on the platform, and I've spent countless hours playing it, of course, even if I did use cheats to beat it (I was young, ok?). 

Driver

Before the series went to sh*t! I popped it in the other day and it kind of ruined my view on the game, but I loved it when it was fresh. Gotta love those hub caps flying off and the same repetitive crashing sound, no matter how hard the impact. Way too much fun.

Pokemon Ruby

Cause I'm a Pokemon nerd.

• WinterEdit likes this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

5. BioShock

4. BioShock

3. BioShock

2. BioShock

1. BioShock

Non-arguable.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

1, Metal Gear Solid IV

2, Red Dead Redemption

3, Final Fantasy VII / X 

4, Journey

5, Heroes of Might and Magic III

Rusty Balls
  • Rusty Balls

love spuds

• The Precinct
  • Scotland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

1 -Shadow of the Colossus 
2- Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
4 - Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 
3- Elder Scrolls Morrowind 
2- Metal Gear Solid 
5- Fallout 2

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

PS3

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Obviously a strong game series. This one had the perfect combination of cut scenes and action for me, though. The puzzles were incredibly detailed and thought out, and the various scenery looked absolutely gorgeous on the PS3. I loved traveling from jungle to snow to village, and it all made sense. The enemies were just the right amount of annoying, and the story was at its peak for the series, in my opinion. Chloe was an annoying bitch, but otherwise, I found it to be flawless.

Heavy Rain

Such a unique gaming experience. Call it an interactive movie if you will, but I've never enjoyed something so weird. It was strange and unpredictable and interactive and so engaging that it's really tough to compare to anything else that's out there at the moment. Way cool game.

inFamous 2

This game kicked ass compared to the first installment of the series. The powers were interesting and fun and much more pertinent to specific situations, and of course the choice between good and evil was always difficult. Both endings seemed to be invested in equally by the developers, which is something I really appreciate. I loved the protagonist, loved the characters, and I loved the premise. I'm not usually into superpowers or anything based off a comic book, really, but this one was just so damn cool. You shoot lighting from your body, and your powers strengthen flawlessly over time. Play it.

Fallout: New Vegas

I know it's weird that I'm saying this over Fallout 3, but I never had the chance to finish the third, and I feel like I just don't have a good enough grasp on it to rate it. New Vegas, although ridiculously buggy, was so captivating to me. I found it more interesting to wander this wasteland than the one in 3, and although the story line could use a bit of improvement, I really spent a lot of time on this game, and I think it deserves credit for that.

Grand Theft Auto V

Trevor <3

I have yet to complete The Last of Us, but I'm sure it'll replace one of these at some point...

- - -

Other Platforms

Tony Hawk: American Wasteland

I know a lot of people felt that this was a weaker installment, but it was the most fun, in my opinion. I spent countless hours on this game, and it was just really cool to build an epic skatepark as the story progressed. Mad fun. Tony Hawk games in general are must-plays.

Goldeneye 007

My first gaming experience. I was 3 or 4, and my brother repetitively killed me with their bazookas. I ran out of the room crying. It was memorable, and I love it. 

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Besides bitchy, whiney CJ, this game was my favorite from PS2. It's arguably the best open sandbox game on the platform, and I've spent countless hours playing it, of course, even if I did use cheats to beat it (I was young, ok?). 

Driver

Before the series went to sh*t! I popped it in the other day and it kind of ruined my view on the game, but I loved it when it was fresh. Gotta love those hub caps flying off and the same repetitive crashing sound, no matter how hard the impact. Way too much fun.

Pokemon Ruby

Cause I'm a Pokemon nerd.

Goldeneye changed FPS forever. Got to be my number one. Remember on the second level you had to finish in 2 minutes ten seconds to get the invinsibility cheat. God that was a good game.

kali16
  • kali16

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

1- the legend of zelda a link to the past.
2- the legend of zelda ocarina of time.
3- conker's bad fur day.
4- the legend of zelda majora's mask
5- the last of us.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

LSD Dream Emulator

LSD Dream Emulator is BEAUTIFUL. The mysteriousness of it, the obscurity, the soundtrack, the visuals. It's such a good game. :^:  My favorite, actually.

Let's see...

1. LSD Dream Emulator

2. Septerra Core

3. Grand Theft Auto III

4. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence

5. Devil May Cry 3

Hard list to think of. I mainly went along with what gave the greatest memories and what made me feel the coolest/weirdest when I played them. :ph34r: :ph34r:

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:09 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 18 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

I play on Xbox 360, and here are my favs for it.

Fallout: New Vegas/Fallout 3
I can't stop playing these game. Put in the DLC, and they're easily two of my all-time favorites. The level of choice is incredible enough to where you can do 10 replays, and they aren't exactly the same.

MGS3: Snake Eater HD
When I was a kid, I loved playing the MGS series. I played the crap out of Sons of Liberty, and this one, I played even more. To this day, I'm still learning about things I missed back then. I also got the PEACE WALKER achievement. :3

Grand Theft Auto 5
I know it's only been out for a while, but bear with me; this is one of the most fun games of this generation! It's basically GTA: San Andreas expanded and glamorized into HD. The over-the-top missions, three characters, and Online, which hasn't even hit it's prime yet. This is a game I won't be putting down for a long time!

The Bad Company Series.
This is what got me into Battlefield. When I got my hands on Bad Company, I was addicted. The idea of destructible buildings was the most awesome thing to happen in gaming, and with BC2, they expanded the destruction. If it were still filled with people, I'd go back to BC2... one of the best First Person Shooters of this generation.

CoD 4, and MW2.
Now bear with me.... I know it's Call of Duty, but these were easily the best  games in the series. Before the hackers, this was the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer game. CoD 4 was possibly the most balanced of them all, and MW2 the most intense. I still remember getting my first nuke. <3

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

In no order.

Vice City

RDR

Hitman series (2-BM)

Splinter Cell trilogy (1-CT)

Arkham City

Max Payne 2

Uncharted 2/TLoU

As you can tell, I love third person stealth action games.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by StingrayX, 20 January 2014 - 03:19 AM.

1. GTA IV - Lack of content that I personally couldn't give a f*ck about barely impacts my opinion on this game. I love it for what it has, not what it lacks. Great story, comfortable physics, and detail that has aged rather well.

2. NFS Hot Pursuit 2 - One great early childhood memory, and it really pushed me into my love of cars. Great soundtrack, awesome cars, and wonderful scenery and content for its time.

3. Forza Horizon, albeit the missed DLC opportunities disappoint me - Combined my favorites: Wonderful and diverse car list, interior view, open world with winding roads and cool flora, awesome soundtrack, great detail and draw distance, and most of all just wonderful physics that make speeding on winding roads ORGASMIC! XD

4. GTA Vice City - Wonderful vibe, legendary soundtrack, cool story, and nice ass cars.

5. GTA San Andreas - Just the memories. Yes it was kind of rubbish and was only great because of the amount of content, but is just full of great memories.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

1. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - The best game I've ever played. I've always been a fan of the stealth genre. Too bad the newer ones have turned into fast-paced shooters. 

2. Red Dead Revolver - I knew nothing about this game when I got it as a gift but it was one of the most fun games I've ever played. The multiplayer was especially fun with friends.

3. Metal Gear Solid 4 - Tons of fun, again, I like the stealth/stealth-action genres. This was right up my alley.

4. Mount and Blade: Warband - Pretty unerrated game that anyone with a PC and an interest in medieval combat should try. If you have a musket-fetish, you can also download the Napoleonic Wars DLC and fight as a NW belligerent. 

5. Sid Meier's Civilization V - The game I've played the most (1394 hours). Endless replay-ability and enjoyable multiplayer.

Honorable Mentions:

Soldier of Fortune - The first video game I've ever played. I can't remember if I played it on Dreamcast or PS2, though. 

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

5. Super Smash Brothers Melee: For all the fun my friends and I had with it when we were kids. Also I was always a fan of mashups, and having all the Nintendo characters together is fantastic.

4. Ratchet and Clank 2: One of the first games that I can remember playing. Also I know a lot about it because I watched the developer commentary, and on that level it's a really interesting game. Also the physics and controls of the game feel absolutely natural.

3. LSD Dream Emulator: I probably wouldn't have put this here if it weren't for Trinette/The Pizza Delivery Guy's post reminding me of it, but it's an experience that transcends video games. Everything about the game is interesting, from the urban myths and creepypasta to the technical details (that people are still trying to figure out today.)

2. Pokemon Emerald: Because it's Pokemon. Generation 3 was the best generation (f*ck all the pokemon fans ever for disagreeing, take off your nostalgia-tinted glasses and realize greatness as it stares you in the face), and Emerald was the best generation 3 game. I had a total play time of 800+ hours until my cartridge became a glitch music generator.

1. GTA San Andreas (and IV): Because GTA is the best series. San Andreas comes before IV because I had a better time with it overall, but IV plays a lot better than San Andreas in my opinion.

More Stuff that I don't want to write summaries for:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Crusader Kings 2

The Sims 2

Sonic Adventure 2

Red Dead Redemption

Minecraft

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Mirror's Edge

Dig Dug

InFamous

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:35 AM Edited by gdsaqqq, 20 January 2014 - 10:38 AM.

Been gaming since I was a 3 yr old, and this is my all time top list:

1. GTA V.
2. Red Dead Redemption.
3. The Last of Us.
4. GTA IV.
5. GTA VC.

Yeah mostly GTAs, lol. But if I were to exclude Rockstar titles (and TLoU) it will be:

1. Dark Souls.
2. Resident Evil 4.
3. Assassin's Creed II & IV.
4. Spider-Man 2: the video game.
5. PS2 GTA clones (Driver: Parallel lines, True Crime: NY)

As you can see, I love open world games! The only non-open world game I have on this list are TLoU and RE4, but even these can be argued as somewhat "linear open-worlds" especially RE4.

Honorable mentions, Far Cry 3. Damn good game.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

1 - Uncharted series

2 - Red Dead Redemption

3 - MW2

4 - Skate 3

5 - Time Splitters

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

My top five are:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV

2. Donkey Kong Country

3. FallOut 3

4. Assassin's Creed II

5. Uncharted 2

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:30 AM Edited by tikhung01, 25 January 2014 - 04:32 AM.

1. GTA San Andreas

2. Grand Theft Auto IV

3. GTA EFLC
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2

5. Pokemon Ruby

Top 10:

1. GTA San Andreas

2. Grand Theft Auto IV

3. GTA EFLC
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2

5. Pokemon Ruby

6. Game Dev Tycoon